Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

I have a weekend tpf pass for 50 bucks if anyone would like it- save some cash and have some fun. Pm me

Shit. Is this the start of the sell-off / abandon ship call?

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

For example, most cleaners/sanitizers have alcohol in them. That can destroy invisiglass if the machine has it.

Fake news. The paperwork with my invisiglass suggested using a 50/50 mix of alcohol and distilled water.

#253 4 years ago

It will get worse. Cases double every 7 days. A lot of this is math.

Even Tom Bossert, current prez former homeland security adviser writes in op ed that our hospitals are 10 days away from getting swamped.

#254 4 years ago

"Will Coronavirus Stop You From Attending TPF?"

Yes, if I have it.

#255 4 years ago

In an op-ed published by The Washington Post on Monday, Bossert also stated, “officials must pull the trigger on aggressive interventions,” later adding, “Aggressive interventions put off and ease the peak burden on hospitals and other health-care infrastructure.”

“We are 10 days from the hospitals getting creamed.”

Bossert specifically suggesting that “School closures, isolation of the sick, home quarantines of those who have come into contact with the sick, social distancing, telework and large-gathering cancellations must be implemented before the spread of the disease in any community reaches 1 percent.”

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

our hospitals are 10 days away from getting swamped.

With what is believed to be known about the incubation period, a 10 day surge in hospitalizations would imply that there are a very high number of people have already been exposed or will be within the next few days.

Hopefully the prognostication is wrong.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

Hopefully the prognostication is wrong

800 confirmed? Probably much higher due to lack of tests.

1 week 1600, 2 weeks 3200, 3 weeks 6400

Those are low estimates too. In a month this is going to look very different. If you think the TP?! is flying off shelves now, look out!

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Bossert specifically suggesting that “School closures, isolation of the sick, home quarantines of those who have come into contact with the sick, social distancing, telework and large-gathering cancellations must be implemented before the spread of the disease in any community reaches 1 percent.”

If all of this is done and the virus fizzles out before it really gets going, naysayers will remark "see? that was nothing, what a waste of time." When in fact, the prevention measures could very well be why it was nothing. But get ready for the armchair hindsight.

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Fake news. The paperwork with my invisiglass suggested using a 50/50 mix of alcohol and distilled water.

Right. My understanding is that ammonia (not diluted alcohol) is the bad stuff for non-reflective glass.

#260 4 years ago

Yup, 800+ confirmed with lots more carrying it with mild or no symptoms and will probably not get tested. I can easily see the doubling happening every few days - just wonder when it will level off and I also wonder if we will we see hospitals getting creamed (not sure how creamed is defined, but it sounds pretty dire)? Better or worse - time will tell.

#261 4 years ago

I heard on the radio they expect this covid 19 to return even worse in the fall...

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

So, is it 'bad', or just precautionary? Do you feel they are over reacting?

the problem is that the hospitals are full and the doctors have to choose who to save, until April 3 everything is closed here, to go to work you must have a self-certification, if the police stop you and you are not going to work or to the hospital you get arrested for 3 months

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from paolinux:

the problem is that the hospitals are full and the doctors have to choose who to save, until April 3 everything is closed here, to go to work you must have a self-certification, if the police stop you and you are not going to work or to the hospital you get arrested for 3 months

Well good luck to you all over there.

#264 4 years ago

My son is home from college for Spring Break and we were just notified the students are not to return. The remainder of the semester will be conducted remotely.

Can we do a pinball show remotely?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

My son is home from college for Spring Break and we were just notified the students are not to return. The remainder of the semester will be conducted remotely.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit.

I wonder how many newfound empty nesters are crying right now

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

What school does your kid attend?

#267 4 years ago

Harvard has already gone to online classes.
    Dumbasses

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Harvard has already gone to online classes.
    Dumbasses

Lol.

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

“Aggressive interventions put off and ease the peak burden on hospitals and other health-care infrastructure.”

Basically, the dying tents like 1918 need to be put up

#270 4 years ago

Moto GP now cancelled in Austin

Screenshot_20200310-084751_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-084751_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #271 4 years ago

That's an awesome go-cart track

#272 4 years ago

Just close the country, flip the sign over. Economy is toast. Send every taxpayer basic stipend until infection rates decline. It would end all the anxiety and suspense and health decisions based on money.

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just close the country, flip the sign over. Economy is toast. Send every taxpayer basic stipend until infection rates decline. It would end all the anxiety and suspense and health decisions based on money.

#275 4 years ago

Coachella music festival just announced they will be rescheduling the music festival from April to October. Seems the panic is having a major effect on organized events.

#276 4 years ago

So you guys in Italy, what do you do when your house runs out of food? Are they allowing you to go to the grocery store?

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just close the country, flip the sign over.

I’m not really joking either. My kid’s school is keeping us up-to-date but they’ve all had to confirm wifi for possible closing soon...all this shit up in the air leaves uncertainty. Just cash in the chips and get it over with...we’ll be fine as s Country. Look at Italy. China did it at rifle point.

#278 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20200310-190433_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-190433_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #279 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

There is no THE flu there are many different strains and not all have a vaccine.
    The treatment for Corona is the same as any flu/cold.

This is irresponsible. And wrong.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I heard on the radio they expect this covid 19 to return even worse in the fall...

Noted. “The Radio” is certainly an informed expert. Ignore advice from “The Radio” at your own peril!

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The bigger health concern is the crop dusting of the crowd, not coronavirus (see also SAR, Ebola, blah blah blah).
    China population 1.365B...
    confirmed cases 83,000 (0.006%)
    Deaths 2800. (0.0002%)
    Odds to die from coronavirus:
    1 in 471,000
    Odds of being struck by lightning:
    1 in 135,000

Odds of finding an Original Medieval Madness at TPF 1 in 250,000

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddharper:

Odds of finding an Original Medieval Madness at TPF 1 in 250,000

I'm sure it will be fine.

I personally just dont want to risk the very small chance of being stuck in quarantine with all of you.

I wont have anyone to message during my time. Shit will become redundant so fast. Like " FYMF.. you just said that to me in person and then posted it from the room next to me after anyways." F that

In all seriousness and to answer your question: Yeah. I am out. Cancelled today.

#283 4 years ago

Yes. We are not attending for this reason

#284 4 years ago

I have 2 weekend passes to TPF for sale. $110 for both.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

I'm sure it will be fine.
    I personally just dont want to risk the very small chance of being stuck in quarantine with all of you.
    I wont have anyone to message during my time. Shit will become redundant so fast. Like " FYMF.. you just said that to me in person and then posted it from the room next to me after anyways." F that
    In all seriousness and to answer your question: Yeah. I am out. Cancelled today.

Quoted from Mayboyz:

Yes. We are not attending for this reason

Quoted from Tres:

I have 2 weekend passes to TPF for sale. $110 for both.

and so it begins......or basically ends depending on how many other folks bail.

#286 4 years ago

Posting this here also.
    E3 looks like it's going to cancel. I'm sure other gaming events will follow.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/03/11/e3-2020-reportedly-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR3oNd-HfxPNchpB9t-M_6JDFpWExFleytN7P17-o4aqX-RgtBw6sS3eZTI

#287 4 years ago
    1C761ED3-7795-4473-9EFF-C6F91D145FB3 (resized).jpeg1C761ED3-7795-4473-9EFF-C6F91D145FB3 (resized).jpeg
    #288 4 years ago

It’s funny how quickly memes age nowadays. That says 12, and we’re up to 28.

#289 4 years ago

Spare us the memes. And deaths in the US are actually at 32, that number will certainly grow. Levity is understandable, but we should be mindful and respectful of the people affected by this too, imho.

#290 4 years ago

Seriously, give it a rest

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

It’s funny how quickly memes age nowadays. That says 12, and we’re up to 28.

Isn’t 23 of the 28 deaths from one nursing home in Washington?

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

If only we could. That would stop this for sure. Everyone that can just chills at home for a month except to pick up essentials. Done.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

and so it begins......or basically ends depending on how many other folks bail.

I see what you did here.

Clever girl (assumedetly not a girl )

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

If only we could. That would stop this for sure. Everyone that can just chills at home for a month except to pick up essentials. Done.

Also, this is my thought. I have a brand new pin (RaM) coming in 1 week. I am in for a month lock down. 2 people tested positive in my county this afternoon.

Dude in Frisco exposed who knows how many people
    In quarantine NOW with his wife and kids. Wife and 1 kid is positive now. Others to follow I'm sure.

Another dude confirmed next county over. I'm out. Rather a self quarantine un ny house than an out of state hotel (again)

Honestly I couldn't get past someone.coughing (or not) on the plane there

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

So you guys in Italy, what do you do when your house runs out of food? Are they allowing you to go to the grocery store?

I reached out to a friend from Italy today. He said he can’t leave his house except for food or emergency, until April 18th.

#296 4 years ago

Announced about 12 hours ago. Gary Stern will now be attending the show.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from knobstone:

Announced about 12 hours ago. Gary Stern will now be attending the show.

No he won’t be. You’ll see.

#298 4 years ago

A buddy of mine told me they cancelled all in-person classes for the remainder of the semester at West Chester University. He daughter is going to be taking everything remotely.

#299 4 years ago

I wont be attending. In my opinuon show should be cancelled.

#300 4 years ago

UWM (U of Wisconsin Milwaukee, known far and wide as “University of Where, Man?”) is going to online classes Friday. I am hosting our Twisted Flippers league on Sat. So for me, pinballs vs virus are converging, UWM is less than a block from my house. Neighbourhood full of college kids w no classes. I predict they will find that Bud Lite Ice is not the cure the hope it is.

Don C

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.