Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I know but still worrisome.The media latches on to shit like this and scares the shit out of people!

yes, the media is not helping

#52 4 years ago

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/02/28/can-you-get-coronavirus-from-drinking-corona-beer-no-but-the-brand-still-takes-a-hit/

Wow.

BTW, I poked around a bit. San Antonio has a confirmed case, as well as Mexico reporting a few cases so far today. None in Dallas so far, but we all know this thing isn't going to be contained...

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/02/28/can-you-get-coronavirus-from-drinking-corona-beer-no-but-the-brand-still-takes-a-hit/
    Wow.
    BTW, I poked around a bit. San Antonio has a confirmed case, as well as Mexico reporting a few cases so far today. None in Dallas so far, but we all know this thing isn't going to be contained...

Will this or will this not affect the Stones at the Cotton Bowl in May?!

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will this or will this not affect the Stones at the Cotton Bowl in May?!

I realize you're joking, but...in all honesty....if people are already stupid enough to stop drinking Corona, they might be out of business by May at that rate! Completely ludicrous. Also, I won't be surprised to see a bunch of concerts get cancelled along the way. Now you've got me worried that this show my wife got tickets to in April is going to be at risk. = \

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I realize you're joking, but...in all honesty....if people are already stupid enough to stop drinking Corona, they might be out of business by May at that rate! Completely ludicrous. Also, I won't be surprised to see a bunch of concerts get cancelled along the way. Now you've got me worried that this show my wife got tickets to in April is going to be at risk. = \

Yeah I bought tickets for a bunch of summer and fall shows over the last couple of weeks, including that aforementioned Cotton bowl show. As a stupid man likes to say, "We'll see what happens."

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Your post is a breath of fresh air.

Something stinks here.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a stupid man likes to say, "We'll see what happens."

I thought that was Trump's favorite line? Am I missing something here?

#58 4 years ago

Levi can’t help bringing in the politics!Cant wait to see the SNL skit part two

#59 4 years ago

Already picked out my outfit. Ain't nothin' gonna stop me now.

suit (resized).PNGsuit (resized).PNG
    #60 4 years ago

I can envision scenarios unfolding that keep me away. As a vendor I spend a lot of time in the hall and get to talk to a lot attendees. If the show opened tomorrow I would be in, but the show is still a month away. I certainly hope this virus is in the 'wind-down' phase versus still being in 'wind-up' phase.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Already picked out my outfit. Ain't nothin' gonna stop me now.[quoted image]

That’s a terrible minion costume

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Already picked out my outfit. Ain't nothin' gonna stop me now.[quoted image]

Bubble Boy!

F5DA18A5-2EF6-4FE0-B483-52B65FDD95E5 (resized).jpegF5DA18A5-2EF6-4FE0-B483-52B65FDD95E5 (resized).jpeg
    #63 4 years ago
    C6A84C01-2D3C-45E1-A7D0-3014C36FD05B (resized).jpegC6A84C01-2D3C-45E1-A7D0-3014C36FD05B (resized).jpeg
    #64 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

[quoted image]

That could work, but according to the CDC beard chart you’re still screwed

#65 4 years ago

I've got a bigger fear than some virus why I won't be attending.

Airplanes.

What goes up, must come down. Sometimes faster than others.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've got a bigger fear than some virus why I won't be attending.
    Airplanes.
    What goes up, must come down. Sometimes faster than others.

Road trip maybe?

Speaking of roads, I watched Ford v. Ferrari the other night, in large part because of your recommendation. My wife and I really enjoyed it. So thanks for that o-din.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Road trip maybe?

Yep, when I get some extended time off, I'll be doing the RV thing across the USA again with all stops along the way.

Glad you liked the movie!

#68 4 years ago

This virus may persuade me to go to TPF this year. The crowds the last couple of years have been a huge turn off.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Think about it, wipe down a virus-laden surface you now have a contaminated cloth. Proper disposal would be a sealed bio-hazard bag. Who is "They"? They would need to wear full bio-hazard gear.

It would be awesome if some biohazard signs and medical waste disposal containers were placed around the show floor, and if some Pinsiders wore biohazard suits to TPF.
    respirators-req-sign (resized).jpgrespirators-req-sign (resized).jpg
    biohazard-sign (resized).jpgbiohazard-sign (resized).jpg
    hazmat-gear-pic (resized).jpghazmat-gear-pic (resized).jpg
    biohazard-suit-pic (resized).jpgbiohazard-suit-pic (resized).jpg
    med-waste-disposal-containers (resized).jpgmed-waste-disposal-containers (resized).jpg

#70 4 years ago

No.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

[quoted image]

someone should get John McCaffee to recreate that photo

#72 4 years ago

Planning to go and wash my hands a lot. I wonder if the organizers will take steps to avoid (or minimize) packing people into small spaces. For example, last year the tournament room was a small area densely packed with people. This year it might not hurt to move it to a bigger space or out to the hallway, or have controlled entry. Might also make sense to put a little space between the chairs in the seminar room. If I remember correctly, it’s like most pinball seminar rooms, where the chairs are literally touching each other.

#73 4 years ago

7.53 billion humans on earth
    Less than 3000 dead from coronavirus
    That’s 0.00003 percent chance of death from it

Don’t believe the hype!

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Don’t believe the hype!

65k respirator in the US. Claims we need 750k if it gets bad. Trump eliminated Pandemic position in his cabinet, cut funds, and appointed Mike Pence. He'll yeah I'm a bit concerned.

#75 4 years ago

Your math is misleading. 88,498 confirmed cases resulting in 3043 deaths so far is a 3.4% - IF you catch it. That’s a higher death rate than other infectious outbreaks in recent years.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200302-sitrep-42-covid-19.pdf

Pay attention to the CDC and WHO websites for the most current information.
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

#76 4 years ago

I miss the Ebola panic, that panic had better memes.

#77 4 years ago

I always sanitize after playing a public pin anyway. Especially when you get the greasy buttons

#78 4 years ago

As coronavirus continues to spread and get worse they will close all large venues. It’s already happening......

#79 4 years ago

What's the best t-shirt for disinfecting pinball machine buttons during tournament play?

#80 4 years ago

The way this hysteria is going, maybe you should rename this thread, "Would you die for pinball?"

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your math is misleading. 88,498 confirmed cases resulting in 3043 deaths so far is a 3.4% - IF you catch it. That’s a higher death rate than other infectious outbreaks in recent years.

I'd have to do some digging, but I remember reading the other day that the death rate falls well below 1% if you look at the deaths that occur outside of China.

As for your second statement of the death rate being higher than other infectious outbreaks, I'm really not sure where you pulled that one.

H5N1 (Bird Flu) - ~60% (Reference WHO)
    AH7N9 (Bird Flu A) - 39.2% (Reference WHO)
    Ebola - 25-90% - Average EVD 50% (Reference WHO)
    MERS - 34.4% (Reference WHO)
    ZIKA - 8.3% (NCBI Reference)

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

The way this hysteria is going, maybe you should rename this thread, "Would you die for pinball?"

meatloaf (resized).jpgmeatloaf (resized).jpg

#83 4 years ago

OK we joke but this morning they're saying 6 dead from it in Seattle (highest concentration of machines in public in America, per capita) now https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/world/coronavirus-news.html

#84 4 years ago

The death rate is inflated because of a lack of adequate testing. My concern is not so much with my health, but with those that I may spread it too. Contracting it at a show and bringing it back to my community is my biggest concern. What is happening in WA at the retirement home is just heartbreaking.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

The death rate is inflated because of a lack of adequate testing. My concern is not so much when my health, but with those that I may spread it to. Contracting it at a show and bringing it back to my community is my biggest concern. What is happening in WA at the retirement home is just heartbreaking.

Truth!
    The mortality rate for healthy adults is like 0.2-1.3%. For seniors that jumps to 8-15%.
    For any immuno-compromised people (think babies that have had certain medical treatments, chemotherapy survivors, many other circumstances, etc) the risk is apparently even higher.
    (stats taken from cases reported by Chinese Center for Disease Control Prevention, as presented by Business Insider)

#86 4 years ago

Wait until the complaints come in about hand sanitizer taking paint off playfield cabinets after repeated overuse.

#87 4 years ago

Hand sanitizer isn’t the solution. People just need to wash their damn hands and stop being slobs. You can do whatever you want in your own house, but for the love of God please wash your hands after using the restroom and sneezing into them when out in public. Takes 30 seconds, or as I have witnessed at TPF, twice as long as the average players ball times.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Wait until the complaints come in about hand sanitizer taking paint off playfield cabinets after repeated overuse.

Now why did you have to go and remind the anal collectors about this? Actually I foresee a cancellation of the show before this happens.

#89 4 years ago

I'm wondering, will some other regular flu vaccine work? You know we just pump that out there, and attack Corona?

No?

Huh. OK how about the Polio vaccine? We still have some of that stuff laying around?

No? Hmm, well I'm all out of ideas. Fortunately it will be the beautiful month of April soon and it will just go away.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

As coronavirus continues to spread and get worse they will close all large venues. It’s already happening......

I’m in Paris at the moment.
    Yesterday I was watching CNN when I got back to my hotel room and they were saying that public places in Europe are shutting down due to the Coronavirus threat. They showed a video clip of the front of the Louvre with two people standing in front of it as if we’re closed.
    I can tell you for a fact, it was not closed yesterday.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I’m in Paris at the moment.
    Yesterday I was watching CNN when I got back to my hotel room and they were saying that public places in Europe are shutting down due to the Coronavirus threat. They showed a video clip of the front of the Louvre with two people standing in front of it as if we’re closed.
    I can tell you for a fact, it was not closed yesterday.

They were probably referring to the staff walkout over coronavirus concerns https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-france-louvre-idUSKBN20O1OG

The Louvre is a great example of a virus petri dish as you have an incredible density of tourists meeting in enclosed space. The sheer moisture from human breathe is recognized specifically as a threat to be analyzed and mitigated against in regards to painting preservation, so workers there would have decent analysis in that regard.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

They were probably referring to the staff walkout over coronavirus concerns https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-france-louvre-idUSKBN20O1OG
    The Louvre is a great example of a virus petri dish as you have an incredible density of tourists meeting in enclosed space. The sheer moisture from human breathe is recognized specifically as a threat to be analyzed and mitigated against in regards to painting preservation, so workers there would have decent analysis in that regard.

That very well may be, but the way they presented it was not as a staff walk out and more along the lines of a manditory closure (which isn’t the case).

#93 4 years ago

Don’t believe the hype!

Yes, because everyone on Earth has had it, right? That's not how math works.

#94 4 years ago

I am married to a wonderful woman who just happens to be a great Physician. This is the link she posted to her patient base.
    https://www.kxly.com/i/virology-expert-coronavirus-mortality-keeps-coming-down/?fbclid=IwAR0BqXuQgF34tM8B_M3AUhiRTaqUnTZh0A4mXvpFtt3oAsBHN36vOviF3zA
    For your information

#95 4 years ago

The best defense is a good offense.

I’ll be clearing a safety radius with a combination of patchouli oil and fake tales of San Francisco.

720CE256-D892-4F22-AE89-011B18168AE4 (resized).jpeg720CE256-D892-4F22-AE89-011B18168AE4 (resized).jpegBB0A5CC6-9FF2-4491-BA70-AB8DF5B9D8F0 (resized).jpegBB0A5CC6-9FF2-4491-BA70-AB8DF5B9D8F0 (resized).jpeg
    #96 4 years ago

Uncle Daddy Cleatus?!? Why are you in here?

72D8E451-A4F4-419E-920C-FF5083883415 (resized).jpeg72D8E451-A4F4-419E-920C-FF5083883415 (resized).jpeg
    #97 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

guys relax...I'm hearing it will just disappear, as if it were a miracle!

No, it's not a miracle. It's science. When the weather warms up it'll take care of itself.

I heard it from a self proclaimed stable genius who admits he knows more than real scientists. I feel good now.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Uncle Daddy Cleatus?!? Why are you in here?[quoted image]

Cleatus: “ Looking for a HUO Heavy Metal little dude. Any word on a Bill and Ted pin?”

#99 4 years ago

Just have a Corona and listen to some Virus

#100 4 years ago

SXSW Conference in Austin next week is cancelled because of the latest plague. What do people think the odds are TPF is next? Not saying they should or shouldn’t cancel (I honestly don’t know), but trying to figure out my travel plans.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/2?hl=e_gpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.