Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
    #851 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

we dont need cnn in a pinball forum. reported!

Hey man, maybe you should step up and renew your pinside membership and get your little red heart back. Especially if you want to use the services. Pinside can always use members who help the cause.

#852 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

We don’t need Robotron in a pinball forum. Deported!
    Am I doing it right?

i am trying to get a robotron pin made.

#853 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They are occupying the spaces we’ve vacated. If the US wants to lead the world, we actually need to, you know, provide leadership.

Agreed. The attitude that only America matters and making our allies feel as such creates an opportunity for bad actor countries like China to exploit.

Let's not kid ourselves. Their offer of ventilator and extensive medical support to Italy right now isn't purely (or even mostly) altruistic. It has political underpinnings and motivations.

Interesting it coincides with them threatening to damage or cut off US medication and pharmaceutical supply lines

#854 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Hey man, maybe you should step up and renew your pinside membership and get your little red heart back. Especially if you want to use the services. Pinside can always use members who help the cause.

done ! thanks for heads up. i will buy you a corona one day.

#855 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

we dont need cnn in a pinball forum. reported!

Tattletale!

Did you report Johnny Utah too? Just responding to him.

#856 4 years ago

(edited)

#857 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

other countries sticking it up americas rear end for decades and not getting away with it no more is why they are angry.

GLOBAL politics! Reported!

#858 4 years ago

GLOBAL politics! Reported!

youre funny. i drive up the palisades every day and pass new city. now ill be thinking about you.

#859 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

youre funny. i drive up the palisades every day and pass new city. now ill be thinking about you.

And I you when I’m next at Rock Fantasy. Maybe we can lay down arms one day and play some pinball together.

#860 4 years ago

And I you when I’m next at Rock Fantasy. Maybe we can lay down arms one day and play some pinball together.

just messing with ya. we will meet at rock fantasy when this blows over.
    see, another pinpal!
    seriously im me when you go.

#861 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

just messing with ya. we will meet at rock fantasy when this blows over.
    see, another pinpal!
    seriously im me when you go.

I posted this in another thread, where I’ve had a couple battles. We hugged it out over there too. So I thought of this! Lol

#862 4 years ago

I feel really bad for Steve at rock fantasy. He’s just one of many small businesses being hurt by this.

And on a personal level I’m good friends with Mr Rock Fantasy Man and I know this is tough and scary for him and his family in a number of ways.

#863 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel really bad for Steve at rock fantasy. He’s just one of many small businesses being hurt by this.
    And on a personal level I’m good friends with Mr Rock Fantasy Man and I know this is tough and scary for him and his family in a number of ways.

Do you mean Steve? Hope he’s ok. I love what he does, but I’m not down with the new location yet. It was Future Shock for me. I’m going to have to get used to it.

#864 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Even before they gave Covid19 to the world

Are you trying to imply that it was engineered? Othewise...I'm pretty sure that evolution and natural selection (or God if you believe in that) did this one to us, not China.

#865 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Are you trying to imply that it was engineered? Othewise...I'm pretty sure that evolution and natural selection (or God if you believe in that) did this one to us, not China.

My wife’s theory - not cnn’s or the Atlantic’s - is that the hacking down of the rain forests (for things like palm oil farms, for example) has created a situation where the various animals and insects and critters that typically never leave the jungle have to when their habitat is destroyed. So they come into contact with more domesticated animals (and the kind we eat) and agriculture and people, and it just creates some new dynamic.

And of course, the related shrinking of bio-diversity doesn’t help for a variety of reasons.

#866 4 years ago

I

Quoted from Frax:

Not at all. What I am saying is that is now widely accepted this likely originated at a Chinese wild animal wet market. Many don't know that SARS originated from these same type of markets back in the early 2000's. At the time, China's government banned all the those markets as it spread in China and other parts of Asia and the world.

Fortunately, SARS only spread when it was symptomatic so coupled with the fact few Chinese tourists and business people had money to travel back them, it died out fairly quickly.

After the SARS scare passed, China's government allowed the markets to reopen completely unregulated again over time in spite of the precedent and risk of animal to human transmission of some of these viruses and diseases.

This is why I say China's government has been negligent and bears some responsibility here. I'm not trying to be insensitive as some might argue those markets are part of their culture and belief in ancient Chinese medicinal benefits to eating these animals.

I really dont care, however, as China is now part of the global economic community and the world interconnected more than ever via business and tourism air travel. As a result, they have a responsibility to their own people and the world to stop these markets permanently and better regulate food and safety in their country. This didnt need to happen if China had acknowledged the danger and shut them down permanently after the SARS outbreak

#867 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

I

Not at all. What I am saying is that is now widely accepted this likely originated at a Chinese wild animal wet market. Many don't know that SARS originated from these same type of markets back in the early 2000's. At the time, China's government banned all the those markets as it spread in China and other parts of Asia and the world.
    Fortunately, SARS only spread when it was symptomatic so coupled with the fact few Chinese tourists and business people had money to travel back them, it died out fairly quickly.
    After the SARS scare passed, China's government allowed the markets to reopen completely unregulated again over time in spite of the precedent and risk of animal to human transmission of some of these viruses and diseases.
    This is why I say China's government has been negligent and bears some responsibility here. I'm not trying to be insensitive as some might argue those markets are part of their culture and belief in ancient Chinese medicinal benefits to eating these animals.
    I really dont care, however, as China is now part of the global economic community and the world interconnected more than ever via business and tourism air travel. As a result, they have a responsibility to their own people and the world to stop these markets permanently and better regulate food and safety in their country. This didnt need to happen if China had acknowledged the danger and shut them down after the SARS outbreak

I agree

#868 4 years ago

Wanted to support the shutdown of TPF by purchasing a shirt. Can’t get passed $10 shipping for a $25 shirt tho.

#869 4 years ago

buy more stuff so the shipping cost avg comes down

#870 4 years ago

I’d change the title to TPF Recovery Thread.

One less corona thread would help, and it would also help the TPF assistance.

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Can’t get passed $10 shipping for a $25 shirt tho.

Get used to it. The post office has raised it prices.

I bought 4 commemorative coins. Shipping was $3.50 per coin. There was no combined shipping. I bought anyway. I figured it is a small way I can help them out.

#872 4 years ago

I just bought a $500 microwave. Shipping was free.

#873 4 years ago

I bought a microwave last week for $184.99 at the local Best Buy. Plus sales tax.. Around $200.00. Phuck free shipping.

#874 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d change the title to TPF Recovery Thread.
    One less corona thread would help, and it would also help the TPF assistance.

Good idea - will edit the thread title if OK for most.

And... I know it's difficult, but I would appreciate if you could stay away from politics.

I am NOT looking forward to living in seclusion in a week or so (it's not looking much better in France than in Italy), so I would appreciate not to have to moderate people for/against the current US administration while being locked at home (with tons of toilet paper of course)...

Thank you for your understanding and take care of your beloved ones.

#875 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

so I would appreciate not to have to moderate people for/against the current US administration w

Well, can we talk about the screwy leadership in France and Italy ?

#876 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, can we talk about the screwy leadership in France and Italy ?

Belgium has put in place similar policy’s to France and Italy.
    Spain will not be far behind.

#877 4 years ago

The poor people cannot pay for all of this testing. The US is going to have to step up and according to yesterday's press briefing the US is going to pick up the tab. Was it $80 billion? Something like that. The big problem is that the US is so far in hock and has not been paying its bills. It just keeps printing more money to pay for all of the Dreamer stuff and now the printing presses are going to be burning up cranking out all of the C-notes needed to pay for it.

This action could really bring the country to its knees.

#878 4 years ago

I bought a hoodie 40+25USD shipping, =93 Canadian Dollars, Fuck it! its the least I can Do to support.
    Roll over my weekend pass as well , Now.. what to do about that unused plane ticket.

#880 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The poor people cannot pay for all of this testing. The US is going to have to step up and according to yesterday's press briefing the US is going to pick up the tab. Was it $80 billion? Something like that. The big problem is that the US is so far in hock and has not been paying its bills. It just keeps printing more money to pay for all of the Dreamer stuff and now the printing presses are going to be burning up cranking out all of the C-notes needed to pay for it.
    This action could really bring the country to its knees.

so you are tested and your are positive? Then what?
    So you are tested and you are negative? Then what?

the focus on testing has me baffled.

Focus should be getting ready for those at high risk.

#881 4 years ago

That's because it cost $65 to have it built and shipped to whomever shipped it to you. You're a genius.

#882 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so you are tested and your are positive? Then what?
    So you are tested and you are negative? Then what?
    the focus on testing has me baffled.
    Focus should be getting ready for those at high risk.

Positive - Stay at home and don't leave at all until you test negative 2x or worst case, need to go to the hospital.

Negative - Seek guidance from your local authorities if the reason for testing is symptoms and/or is you were exposed to known positive people. This thing can incubate for up to 14 days and I'm not sure a negative test means you still cant develop it. If you are being tested and in quarantine, my understanding is you should remain in quarantine for at least 14 days.

#883 4 years ago

Perhaps I should have said The Dreamer (singular).

#884 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

That's because it cost $65 to have it built and shipped to whomever shipped it to you. You're a genius.

Same price if I bought it in the store or shipped to my house. I’m simply making the point it doesn’t cost $10 to ship a $25 shirt. That’s all. Not insulting people’s intelligence.

#885 4 years ago

Wanted to support the shutdown of TPF by purchasing a shirt. Can’t get passed $10 shipping for a $25 shirt tho.

So you REALLY didn't want to 'support' that badly, did you?

#886 4 years ago

topic title change

#887 4 years ago

Any chance of it being rescheduled to later in the year? When will the dates for 2021 come out?

#888 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any chance of it being rescheduled to later in the year? When will the dates for 2021 come out?

Read Ed's post. No chance this year.

And hopefully next year. No dates yet. That will take a lot of time to figure out.

LTG : )

#889 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.
    The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.
    I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.
    Buddy can you handle this?

If you are “cool” you have to sit with at least a one-seat gap between you and your bros! I never understood that. Is there something bad about sitting next to your friends? I guess I’m just not cool. Not during a pandemic, of course, I understand social distancing. I mean all other times. Teenagers won’t sit together if they are same gender. They sit with an empty seat buffer. Why? Stinky friends? Popcorn theft? Farting? Why!

#890 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

If you are “cool” you have to sit with at least a one-seat gap between you and your bros! I never understood that. Is there something bad about sitting next to your friends? I guess I’m just not cool. Not during a pandemic, of course, I understand social distancing. I mean all other times. Teenagers won’t sit together if they are same gender. They sit with an empty seat buffer. Why? Stinky friends? Popcorn theft? Farting? Why!

Because most guys I know like to spread out. So you can dump your jacket in the empty chair and get a bunch of snacks and a drink. Plus it sucks if your buddy tears ass and you’re stuck smelling it. On top it, if you’re a pretty big guy, Say 200 - 250 lbs., the last thing you want is to be crowded by another dude.

#891 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

(edited)

#892 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

My husband was a manager at a movie theater when I met him...We could see most of the theater from the projection booth. The empty seat was called the "straight seat". Usually obviously heterosexual guys would always have that buffer seat, even in groups of more than two. It was weird, and extremely common if the theater was not crowded. If we saw two guys come in and no seat in between, we would take notice and wonder if they were on a date. LOL. Obviously generalizing, but that was back in the 90s. Nowadays, with reserved seating in most theaters, you don't see that anymore.

#893 4 years ago

Good lucky to all your families. God Bless.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/18?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.