Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
    #801 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

This is a very entertaining thread has anyone on this thread actually been tested? I have.

Braggart

#802 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.
    The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.
    I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.
    Buddy can you handle this?

Drive-Ins allowed right now??? What about AT home PPV maybe $15-$20 a pop MAX

#803 4 years ago

2 large swabs up both nostrils and a throat swab still awaiting results from state... 2-7 days. Fun stuff. Have time to hone high scores.

#804 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

This is a very entertaining thread has anyone on this thread actually been tested? I have.

Are you a professional basketball player, famous actor, or a rich politician?

#805 4 years ago

Nope! Just your normal average every day citizen that’s in and out of clinics for work experiencing symptoms.

#806 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Drive-Ins allowed right now??? What about AT home PPV maybe $15-$20 a pop MAX

That's a good idea. Close the theaters and do PPV direct. That's too cheap here I think $30 would work here, where a pair of tickets is about $40.

They'll lose a ton of money though. No concessions.

#807 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

Nope! Just your normal average every day citizen that’s in and out of clinics for work experiencing symptoms.

Did the test cost you any money?

#808 4 years ago

25.00 copay so far. Dr. actually swabbed for influenza first came back negative so next step was COVID. I’ll have some time to blow on Pinside awaiting results.

#809 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

25.00 copay so far. Dr. actually swabbed for influenza first came back negative so next step was COVID.

It will be interesting to see if people start getting huge bills for treatment, and if it stirs widespread outrage.

#810 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It will be interesting to see if people start getting huge bills for treatment, and if it stirs widespread outrage.

This shouldnt happen. That badass lady aenator/congresswoman (unsure,) grilled the dude until he came out with an affirmative that Covid will not cost any money to screen or treat.

#811 4 years ago

Yeah I hope I don’t get a charge for the testing it was quite the ordeal.

Quoted from FYMF:

This shouldnt happen. That badass lady aenator/congresswoman (unsure,) grilled the dude until he came out with an affirmative that Covid will not cost any money to screen or treat.

#812 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Did the insurance companies agree to that?

#813 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Did the insurance companies agree to that?

It's not up to them. Standby. I'll find a link.

This woman impresses me whenever I see her arguing for our people.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/watch-katie-porter-grill-cdc-director-coronavirus-966572/

#814 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/watch-katie-porter-grill-cdc-director-coronavirus-966572/

Hopefully they keep their word. So the government is going to reimburse all these hospitals? It almost sounds like a step towards a socialized healthcare system.

#815 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Wow, this is good information. At the time I was having the test done I never really thought about the costs I just need to know if I have it, if this thread is still going by the time I get the bill I’ll let y’all know. If I’m reading the article correctly and if insurance does not cover it which I do have it could cost around 1100 bucks!!

#816 4 years ago

Deleted. Already talked about.

#817 4 years ago

Damn. She’s pretty good.

#818 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Damn. She’s pretty good.

Yeah. She totally bossed him. Dude was stuck. "You're good at asking questions .. so yes"

Thank God for people like her making beaurocrats own a decision.

#819 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They'll lose a ton of money though. No concessions.

A theater manager once described his job to me as “value-added candy reseller.” Although I’d bet the profit margin is higher on popcorn & soda.

#820 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Quick math from the video... $1331 X 300 Million People (minimum) would be $399.3 Billion dollars (if insurance doesnt cover it) but our actual uninsured number is around 40 Million so actually he was only really commiting to $53.24 Billion. Wonder if his boss was happy with that number?

#821 4 years ago

Whelp apparently it will now...

#822 4 years ago

yes it will

#823 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Feds will likely create a bill waiving cost of testing. Kind of like how the annual physical is now free due to Obamacare. This shouldn’t stop people who need testing from doing it... but if you are feeling sick and worry about costs, please stay at home rather than going out and potentially spreading it to others.

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It is very hard for some people to admit they were wrong even when presented with overwhelming evidence. It’s called the Fonzie effect.

They should rename it. I’ve got an idea.

#825 4 years ago

Pivoting this discussion a bit, how does this affect pinball manufacturing for the next 2-6 months? Has Stern told their employees to stay at home like so many across the country or does their line stay open for the new games they are currently making like JP2, Elvira, etc?

My guess is even if the line remains open, sales will slow in 2-4 months if this continues long and impact to the economy begins to be felt.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that but Italy is a mess right now and lack of quarantining of hot zone areas like NYC, Seattle, etc (here in Utah we’ve had 3 cases in the past two days of people that have traveled here from New York for skiing or that traveled there for business recently) etc combined with inadequate testing I’m afraid is almost guaranteeing spread throughout the country.

#826 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.
    The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.
    I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.
    Buddy can you handle this?

Clandestine meetings are being held now by “top men” (under NDA of course) to get this Drive In Movie thing rolled out. You can also get tested for coronavirus in the concession line.

#827 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Pivoting this discussion a bit, how does this affect pinball manufacturing for the next 2-6 months? Has Stern told their employees to stay at home like so many across the country or does their line stay open for the new games they are currently making like JP2, Elvira, etc?
    My guess is even if the line remains open, sales will slow in 2-4 months if this continues long and impact to the economy begins to be felt. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that but Italy is a mess right now and lack of quarantining of hot zone areas like NYC, Seattle, etc combined with llack of testing I’m afraid is almost guaranteeing spread throughout the country.

I’m sure it’s business as usual at Stern but let’s face it, this is not the most progressive company. They are run by old men who have in the past bragged to the entire industry about defeating workers by busting their union. I don’t think their highest concern lies with their employees on the line or in the office, but this kind of denial can’t last forever.

They will stay open as long as possible, until they are shut down by the government or just refuse to come in. But as this continues to disrupt our daily lives at some point they will have to close the line. That day should probably be today but like I said it will be a little while.

The professionals at Stern can work from home but I’m sure that hasn’t happened yet either.

#828 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sure it’s business as usual at Stern but let’s face it, this is not the most progressive company. They are run by old men who have in the past bragged to the entire industry about defeating workers by busting their union. I don’t think their highest concern lies with their employees on the line or in the office, but this kind of denial can’t last forever.
    They will stay open as long as possible, until they are shut down by the government or just refuse to come in. But as this continues to disrupt our daily lives at some point they will have to close the line. That day should probably be today but like I said it will be a little while.
    The professionals at Stern can work from home but I’m sure that hasn’t happened yet either.

Gary didn’t buy all those microwaves so workers could sit on their asses and eat at home!

#829 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m sure it’s business as usual at Stern but let’s face it, this is not the most progressive company. They are run by old men who have in the past bragged about defeating workers at the bargaining table and busting the union.
    They will stay open as long as possible, until they are shut down by the government. But as this continues to disrupt our daily lives at some point they will have to close the line. That day should probably be today but like I said it will be a little while.

So what you’re saying is if you’ve got a NIB Stern on order with a manufacture date of March or later, disinfect the box and game when it arrives, right?

Seriously though, I do wonder how this is going to affect both NIB pin sales and resale value of pins in several months if this drags on into summer. Difficult times for the country and world to be sure right now.

#830 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

My guess is even if the line remains open, sales will slow in 2-4 months if this continues long and impact to the economy begins to be felt.

Oh, I’m sure the sales impact is already here. Rich guys who just lost a third of their net worth aren’t rushing out to buy expensive toys right now. Small business owners who could go belly up in a bear economy, same thing. Even regular schmoes like me who lost a big chunk of retirement and could lose my job. Wait for impact? No way, I’m tightening the purse strings now.

#831 4 years ago
    #832 4 years ago

I've had very mixed feelings about Trump as POTUS but this one strikes me as a big nothing.

#833 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Oh, I’m sure the sales impact is already here. Rich guys who just lost a third of their net worth aren’t rushing out to buy expensive toys right now. Small business owners who could go belly up in a bear economy, same thing. Even regular schmoes like me who lost a big chunk of retirement and could lose my job. Wait for impact? No way, I’m tightening the purse strings now.

Anyone know what is rolling of their line currently? Any games that are currently back ordered (or at least were backordered).

#834 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

A theater manager once described his job to me as “value-added candy reseller.” Although I’d bet the profit margin is higher on popcorn & soda.

$4.50 coke when it costs pennies and $5.50 popcorn. Beer pricing is at bar levels.

#835 4 years ago

Pretty much. He makes funny sounds is the extent of it. No malice.

#836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

$4.50 coke when it costs pennies and $5.50 popcorn. Beer pricing is at bar levels.

Well, now you don’t have to worry about that stuff as you’d be insane to go to the movies and they’ll probably shut down theaters soon anyway.

Like a million other things, paying $10 for popcorn at the movies is something we are gonna to miss.

#837 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Social distancing/controlled shutdown while doing rapid testing (hours not days) and isolation of infectees has to be done before 1% of the population is infected or it can't be stopped and has to burn through the population.

What should have happened already are quarantines and no air travel to or from domestic hotzones like Seattle, New York, and the Bay Area. The government is still pretending stopping travel from Asia and Europe will stop things, though.

They are still too worried about setting off panic and tanking the stock market rather than just facing reality and doing it now rather then in 1-2 weeks when things are much worse and it has spread everywhere.

Some will disagree but Italy quarantined many towns and villages in their north early in the breakout and it still spread. The horses are out of the barn here and I'm afraid the government's reluctance to make tough decisions now will lead to much of the country being quarantined ala Italy later. Hope I'm wrong.

#838 4 years ago

China sends medical supplies to Italy. There was a time in years past it was The US sending helpful items around the world.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-respirators/china-sends-medical-supplies-experts-to-help-italy-battle-coronavirus-idUSKBN2101IM

#839 4 years ago

TPF store is back open if anyone wants to buy anything to support them.

#840 4 years ago

Just got an email the TPF store is now open (maybe it's been open the whole time)...I just ordered a poster to support them....

#841 4 years ago
    Quoted from pantherpinball:

TPF store is back open if anyone wants to buy anything to support them.

Beat me to it!

#842 4 years ago

TPF store just opened (or I just got the email anyway) to sell some inventory & swag that they had stockpiled for the event. I bought a few things to help support them in some small way. I'll be proud to rock the TPF 2020 shirt at next years event.

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Edit: sorry for the duplicate info... guess we all got this at once!

#843 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

TPF store just opened (or I just got the email anyway) to sell some inventory & swag that they had stockpiled for the event. I bought a few things to help support them in some small way. I'll be proud to rock the TPF 2020 shirt at next years event.
    https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

Same here...

#844 4 years ago

Is the TPF store open?

#845 4 years ago

Funny that the swag bag has hand sanitizer, and they say they ordered it before all this happened. Good investment, that will be like gold!

#846 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

China sends medical supplies to Italy. There was a time in years past it was The US sending helpful items around the world.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-respirators/china-sends-medical-supplies-experts-to-help-italy-battle-coronavirus-idUSKBN2101IM

Sadly, it is all part of the Chinese government's plan to eventually replace the US and the world's superpower.

Italy is one of the few EU countries whose economy has been stagnant enough in recent years to agree to take loans from China and join their controversial Belt & Road initiative.

Even before they gave Covid19 to the world, China has been targeting Italy as their beachhead country into the traditional US influenced democratic countries of western Europe. If you think this is paranoia or xenophobia, read up on the subject.

My cousin has lived in Shanghai for 13 years and he told me when we visited there last year that it no longer a well kept secret in China that President (dictator) Xi & the CCP's plan is to spread Chinese authoritarian influence around the world and become the world's next superpower. Belt & Road is a big part of those o going efforts.

China as the world's superpower would not be pretty if you value freedom and democracy. Don't believe me? Read up on the Muslim concentration camps in Xinjiang, organ harvesting, and the surveillance state and infrastructure they've built throughout their country.

#847 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Is the TPF store open?

Yes. It is open. I just bought 4 of the commemorative coins for different years.

#848 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sadly, it is all part of the Chinese government's plan to eventually replace the US and the world's superpower.
    Italy is one of the few EU countries whose economy has been stagnant enough in recent years to agree to take loans from China and join their controversial Belt & Road initiative.
    Even before they gave Covid19 to the world, China has been targeting Italy as their beachhead country into the traditional US influenced democratic countries of western Europe. If you think this is paranoia or xenophobia, read up on the subject.
    My cousin has lived in Shanghai for 13 years and he told me when we visited there last year that it no longer a well kept secret in China that President (dictator) Xi & the CCP's plan is to spread Chinese authoritarian influence around the world and become the world's next superpower. Belt & Road is a big part of those o going efforts.
    China as the world's superpower would not be pretty if you value freedom and democracy. Don't believe me? Read up on the Muslim concentration camps in Xinjiang, organ harvesting, and the surveillance state and infrastructure they've built throughout their country.

They are occupying the spaces we’ve vacated. If the US wants to lead the world, we actually need to, you know, provide leadership.

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They are occupying the spaces we’ve vacated. If the US wants to lead the world, we actually need to, you know, provide leadership.

we dont need cnn in a pinball forum. reported!

#850 4 years ago

We don’t need Robotron in a pinball forum. Deported!

Am I doing it right?

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/17?hl=chron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.