Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
    #751 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Yea to clarify, I am in the shutting things down camp. It will be a very sad state of affairs if this does last 2-3 months.

Social distancing/controlled shutdown while doing rapid testing (hours not days) and isolation of infectees has to be done before 1% of the population is infected or it can't be stopped and has to burn through the population.

#752 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Singapore did pretty much everything right and kept their infections and deaths low, but it's still going on there. US so far has done almost EVERYTHING wrong, the government is having Johns Hopkin's real time tracker obfuscate the stats for each state again as of yesterday. This is helpful to NO ONE. We need to know where the outbreaks are, and how bad they are.
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
    We're on the Italy path of infection and health system overload, not Singapore's excellent relatively flat graph. We're looking at 2-3 months AT BEST.

What do mean “obfuscating the real time tracker”? What is happening?

#753 4 years ago
    Quoted from toastbot:

No no, April is when the virus will "miraculously" go away, haven't you heard?

Yup. That perennial April heatwave is like death and taxes. You can always count on it!

#754 4 years ago

One really simple thing that we can do to support Ed, Kim and crew is to NOT ask for a refund on pre- registration tickets. They can keep my money to help defray any cancellation costs incurred.
    Wally

#755 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What do mean “obfuscating the real time tracker”? What is happening?

The John's Hopkins tracker used to show, for example, where in the state the outbreaks were clustered geographically. But now, that's been taken offline again. The last two times were at the demand of the US government (then they came back), so I can only assume it's the same this time, too. This time, for a while they were combining all the CA stats into one dot instead of breaking it out like they had been. Then it just disappeared. There's no tracking for CA listed on the real-time tracker at all now. This is NOT the way to manage a pandemic. Forcing medical institutions to HIDE the numbers doesn't make them go away, it will just cause them to explode.

#756 4 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

One really simple thing that we can do to support Ed, Kim and crew is to NOT ask for a refund on pre- registration tickets. They can keep my money to help defray any cancellation costs incurred.
    Wally

Yeah, I mentioned the same on Facebook. They said to reply to their email about the cancellation with your order number or PayPal transaction ID.

They’re running fast and hard right now. I hope they read that I was wanting them to keep my money

#757 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The John's Hopkins tracker used to show, for example, where in the state the outbreaks were clustered geographically. But now, that's been taken offline again. The last two times were at the demand of the US government (then they came back), so I can only assume it's the same this time, too. This time, for a while they were combining all the CA stats into one dot instead of breaking it out like they had been. Then it just disappeared. There's no tracking for CA listed on the real-time tracker at all now. This is NOT the way to manage a pandemic. Forcing medical institutions to HIDE the numbers doesn't make them go away, it will just cause them to explode.

Stop with all the Bullshit conspiracy theories. The site you referenced was fake and used to install malware.

Alerts went out to the government agencies this week to alert people.

Also a 10 second google search would reveal hundreds of articles like this...

https://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-are-using-fake-coronavirus-maps-to-give-people-malware-2020-3

#758 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Imagine getting that kind of damage at 30. That is NOT the flu profile. Saying it shouldn't be taken VERY seriously because it's like the flu or a cold is a really poor idea.

You have to understand, the flu comparers THRIVE on bad ideas. They are like bad idea vampires.

And, while their numbers have dwindled, those who remain are still HARDCORE on this. They are going to the grave repeating how many people the flu kills.

Once you are that dedicated I guess you just can’t let up. Ever. They’ve been repeating this for weeks, and just have too much vested to give up on it now, even though it’s TERRIBLE advice and completely irresponsible to push.

#759 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Stop with all the Bullshit conspiracy theories. The site you referenced was fake and used to install malware.
    Alerts went out to the government agencies this week to alert people.
    Also a 10 second google search would reveal hundreds of articles like this...
    https://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-are-using-fake-coronavirus-maps-to-give-people-malware-2020-3

Well, that's nice, but that has no relevance to the REAL non-malware tracker I posted.

That was the direct link without the John's Hopkins window dressing. If you want the version with the john's hopkins frame, here it is:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Same map. No malware. Educate yourself.

#760 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I put 192 songs on the iPad I travel with that has manuals and stuff. And an FM transmitter. So I could listen to music on the 14 hour drive to TPF. Last year when having the radio scan I only hit about one song an hour I liked. So this would have been more enjoyable.
    So I got to thinking of picking up an iPod and move the music to that. So I could enjoy it on shorter trips around town.
    No replacing missing my JJP friends and Guns & Roses, or my AP buddies and Hot Wheels. TPF would have been my only show this year. So I'll hope for reveals, twitch feeds, podcasts, and videos.
    LTG : )

Soooo, when are we gonna see JJP GNR? You can't unsee what's been seen

#761 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You have to understand, the flu comparers THRIVE on bad ideas. They are like bad idea vampires.
    And, while their numbers have dwindled, those who remain are still HARDCORE on this. They are going to the grave repeating how many people the flu kills.
    Once you are that dedicated I guess you just can’t let up. Ever. They’ve been repeating this for weeks, and just have too much vested to give up on it now, even though it’s TERRIBLE advice and completely irresponsible to push.

The problem is, they have one or two sources for "news" and they're not actual news outlets, but opinion or propaganda and they also get info from their trusted facebook "friends" they've never met or who watch the same opinion or propaganda channels they do. If they watched PBS newshour, it would blow their mind what real, actual news is.

#762 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It's been openly rumored for like a year or more now. Everyone knows it's coming, it's just a matter of seeing what Eric cooked up. 15 GnR tracks featured sounds like a beefy machine. Can't wait.

#763 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Rumor is it's going to be themed around Chinese Democracy. Can't wait! By far the best GnR album.

#764 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No, I'm going by the Pinside rumor that Eric would be there with it. And shouldn't have repeated it.
    If by chance I was right. Thank you for throwing me under the bus. I was tired of doing tech support for JJP.
    Lloyd

Nice Try - we already see you with GNR buddy

GNR (resized).jpgGNR (resized).jpg
    #765 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That was the direct link without the John's Hopkins window dressing. If you want the version with the john's hopkins frame, here it is:
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Same map. No malware. Educate yourself.

I educated myself with CDC internal memos and security alerts earlier this week, thank you.

They discussed many corona 'info sites' had been spoofed, hacked, copied, etc. that attracted people looking for info, which led to some shutdowns of websites.

The site appears to be working fine right now. Are you sure its not just inundated with way more traffic than it can handle, or that the data is changing faster than they can update it?

If you have any real evidence of the government interfering with public information, please share a source.

#766 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Same with the map linked on drudgereport.com

It used to show all the spots in Florida. Then it centralized them all into 1 dot and as of today they have Florida with no dots literally giving the impression there isnt an outbreak here.

Fucking criminal

#767 4 years ago

I educated myself with CDC internal memos and security alerts earlier this week, thank you.
    They discussed many corona 'info sites' had been spoofed, hacked, copied, etc. that attracted people looking for info, which led to some shutdowns of websites.
    The site appears to be working fine right now. Are you sure its not just inundated with way more traffic than it can handle, or that the data is changing faster than they can update it?
    If you have any real evidence of the government interfering with public information, please share a source.

If you need internal memos from the CDC to tell you how to avoid malware sites, I can't help you. The link I posted was the real deal pandemic tracker from Johns Hopkins and not a malware site. As if "jhu.edu" wasn't a big enough clue.

http://whois.domaintools.com/jhu.edu

The Johns Hopkins real time tracker is not "working fine right now." Zoom in on California. See ANY red dot ANYWHERE in the state? Two days ago there were large dots in LA, SF, Sac and smaller dots elsewhere with hundreds of cases. Today? Gone. That's a problem, and it came from the government to hide the numbers.

#768 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem is, they have one or two sources for "news" and they're not actual news outlets, but opinion or propaganda and they also get info from their trusted facebook "friends" they've never met or who watch the same opinion or propaganda channels they do. If they watched PBS newshour, it would blow their mind what real, actual news is.

No kidding. And yet PBS, NPR, the Atlantic and The NY Times are all untrustworthy and elitist according to these highly informed people.

I asked a dude where he got his news and he said “he did his own research. Got his own news.” He had “bots”. Then he told me that 6 companies own all the news organizations in the world.

#769 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you need internal memos from the CDC to tell you how to avoid malware sites, I can't help you. The link I posted was the real deal pandemic tracker from Johns Hopkins and not a malware site. As if "jhu.edu" wasn't a big enough clue.
    The Johns Hopkins real time tracker is not "working fine right now." Zoom in on California. See ANY red dot ANYWHERE in the state? Two days ago there were large dots in LA, SF, Sac and smaller dots elsewhere with hundreds of cases. Today? Gone. That's a problem, and it came from the government to hide the numbers.

I thought the numbers in the US went down to 0 days ago? Can’t remember where I heard that though.

#770 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you always a troll?

You contended the government shut down JH, they didn't. Sites were shut down that appeared to be JH and others because they weren't real, I understand that and don't need memos to explain the concept. I just followed the activity this week to understand what was going on.

You followed internet conspiracy threads instead, where some one said JH was shut down, when really it was others trying to look like JH.

You said JH data is not accurate. This must be a government conspiracy, because there is no way it is an internal JH issue or that the data is moving very fast.

Oh, and by the way, the JH data looks eerily like the WHO data that was published today: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200313-sitrep-53-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=adb3f72_2

You said The CA data was gone. Ten minutes later, when I looked, it was there. Oh, so it must be the f'ing black helicopters man, couldn't be servers that are being over run or someone updating the data. Oh, wait there is a maintenance message on the top of the page, nevermind.

Get a grip.

#771 4 years ago

Are you always a troll?

if he is trolling, why do you keep letting yourself get trolled? I stopped reading both your posts (in this thread) a long time ago.

#772 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Unofficial US county map tracker: https://infection2020.com/

#773 4 years ago

The best map at the moment imho is the NY Times map.

#774 4 years ago

Are you always a troll?
    You contended the government shut down JH, they didn't. Sites were shut down that appeared to be JH and others because they weren't real, I understand that and don't need memos to explain the concept. I just followed the activity this week to understand what was going on.
    You followed internet conspiracy threads instead, where some one said JH was shut down, when really it was others trying to look like JH.

Untrue. I followed the John's Hopkins tracker on the johns hopkins site. You know, the one you laughably said was fake and loaded with malware when it was no such thing.

You said JH data is not accurate. This must be a government conspiracy, because there is no way it is an internal JH issue or that the data is moving very fast.

When ACCURATE, very granular data is there one day and COMPLETELY MISSING the next, that has nothing to do with the speed of the numbers.

Duh. Because the WHO data isn't broken down by state and locality in the US. You completely missed the point that much more granular data from Johns Hopkins was combined or removed so you can't see where the outbreaks are clustered (in this case I'm talking about California, but Florida has 50+ cases and no red dot(s) at all now.

You said The CA data was gone. Ten minutes later, when I looked, it was there. Oh, so it must be the f'ing black helicopters man, couldn't be servers that are being over run or someone updating the data. Oh, wait there is a maintenance message on the top of the page, nevermind.
    Get a grip.

It's been gone or combined into the whole state. Currently it's one dot for the whole state. The granular data that was actually informative is gone, and has been gone long before the "maintenance" message happened.

But whatever. This isn't a thread about Johns Hopkins and data transparency supression. Everything that needed to be said has been said on the matter. I'm out.

#775 4 years ago

You said The CA data was gone. Ten minutes later, when I looked, it was there.

You're not following what he's saying.

The tracker is there, but the granularity of the data they are showing has changed. They have a dot per state instead of a dot per city/region now. Why that change is.. I have no idea. Before it was showing detail lower than 'per state'.

#776 4 years ago

The news is totally bogus, so following play by play is pointless until there’s a vaccine and it’s gone

Here is an article about the Brazilian President having the virus, and then magically not. Where’s the correction or apology for fake news?

Orwell was spot on with 1984

38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    #777 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

lower expenses of not actually having the show

What expenses of not having a show? It was a couple weeks away. Everything for 2020 has probably already been paid for.
    I know those of us working the tournaments bought our stuff long ago. You don’t wait until the week prior if you want to run a successful event.

#778 4 years ago

Yeah, you don't spend some money by not having the show... but much of the money is tied into things that were pre-committed and generally not refundable.

You are forced to enter contracts that commit your spend... even if the spending isn't done yet. Or done things like paid for shirts, printed materials, signage, etc etc.

The negotiations between the venue and the promoters is the big deal to sort out...

The 'not spending' during the show is dwarfed by the problem of 'no revenue' to cover prior or committed expenses.

#779 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What expenses of not having a show? It was a couple weeks away. Everything for 2020 has probably already been paid for.
    I know those of us working the tournaments bought our stuff long ago. You don’t wait until the week prior if you want to run a successful event.

May I counter, I didnt say there were no costs but lower costs. There are cost of paying people that are now not going to get paid, services not needed, not used, etc... To not hold the event will be less costly in that regard. Notice I also said the lawyers will be involved and contracts hashed out. Besides, I said keep my 2020 money... A discount for 2021 would benefit both parties at that point. Do you want them to get only 1x my money by offering refund or more than that, like 1.5x if I get 50% off 2021? If I get a refund or if they give me free entrance next year, they get my money once. I want them to have more and help 2021 actually happen.

#780 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is very hard for some people to admit they were wrong even when presented with overwhelming evidence. It’s called the Fonzie effect.

#781 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It is very hard for some people to admit they were wrong even when presented with overwhelming evidence. It’s called the Fonzie effect.

I thought they were living life by The Art of the Deal one page at a time.

#782 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Once you are that dedicated I guess you just can’t let up. Ever. They’ve been repeating this for weeks, and just have too much vested to give up on it now,

It’s almost like they’ve had three years of practice.

#783 4 years ago

(Edited)

#784 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Now let’s play a quick game of
    Rearrange the quotes to match with the president who said them
    The Buck Stops Here. -Theodore Roosevelt
    Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick. -John Kennedy
    Ask not what your country can do for you -George Washington
    But what you can do for your country
    99% of Failures Come From People -Donald Trump
    Who Make Excuses
    And when you say me, I didn’t do it -Harry Truman
    we have a group of people
    Hint: “I didn’t do it” was the response when asked by a reporter whether the president regretted firing the U.S. Pandemic Response Team to cut costs

LOL still stuck on this. Once again you people just can't stop with the political trashing.

#785 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Rumor is it's going to be themed around Chinese Democracy. Can't wait! By far the best GnR album.

reported.

#786 4 years ago

Find the state in the following list that is destroying itself due to its own hubris and insane leadership:

California

#787 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL still stuck on this. Once again you people just can't stop with the political trashing.

youpeople (resized).PNGyoupeople (resized).PNG
    #788 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Find the state in the following list that is destroying itself due to its own hubris and insane leadership:
    California

Let’s play a quick game of: what is this site about?

Answer: NOT POLITICS

#789 4 years ago

I have not seen the email the TPF team sent to me posted yet. Here it is.

The opening of the email tells you where the money went. Nobody waved a magic wand and the show just happened. TPF has contract with Embassy Suites Hotel. And it sounds like the City of Frisco and Embassy Suites have the power to pull the punch bowl so those two outfits have to be satisfied with what comes.

It also sounds like the TPF team has been getting flooded with email requests. They are asking you for patience and time. Give them a break. No need to break their balls.
    ===============================================

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    ===========================================

More of where the money went. You are going to be transferred to 2021. Which means that next year the TPF team will be working for free to set up the show. Actually, they will be working for less than free; This year's money has been spent and next year's money will surely be reduced because of the transfers to 2021.
    ===========================================
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    ============================================
    Some have said that they will make dispute with PayPal. How about keeping your tempers in check. It sounds like you will be addressed as soon the TPF team can get things sorted out. If you send a dispute to PayPal, then PayPal could "blacklist" TPF and shut them down. I don't think anybody wants that. So, give them a break as they work to formulate a plan for something that could not be planned for.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png

Disclamer: I do not work for TPF. I'm just some pinballer that was going to bring a pin. And I hope to be able to do so next year.

#790 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

California

That's rich. Someone from New Jersey poking a stick at California

#791 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

That's rich. Someone from New Jersey poking a stick at California

Hey...don't get me wrong. We ain't far behind.

#792 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Let’s play a quick game of: what is this site about?
    Answer: NOT POLITICS

Well it should be.

#793 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

California

Fifth largest economy in the world and number 1 state giving to the rest of the country. (Edited)

#794 4 years ago

Hahaha oh man. I cant wait to see the chaos this forum devolves to when every one of us are bored off our asses stuck in our homes with nothing else to do for a month.

#796 4 years ago

So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet; I'm honestly surprised.

The current policy is "SDX" (the new premium Social Distancing Experience) that halves a theater's capacity and spreads people out.

I guess that's as decent an idea as any but it sure as hell isn't getting me into a movie theater. I would expect that industry will be shuttered soon. Actually they should make only Drive-Ins allowed right now, that's the only show I'd be into. Get the docs on it and ask if that works as long as everybody stays in their socially distanced Buick.

Buddy can you handle this?

#797 4 years ago

Because no one goes to the movies anymore!

Seriously though, I thought the same thing. They are definitely feeling it though. I was reading a few articles about movies that opened this week and they make hardly anything. I mean way less than normal bombs.

#798 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Hahaha oh man. I cant wait to see the chaos this forum devolves to when every one of us are bored off our asses stuck in our homes with nothing else to do for a month.

You should take this chance to shop all of your pins. Assuming you have parts you need because the parts sellers might be locked in, too.

#799 4 years ago

This is a very entertaining thread has anyone on this thread actually been tested? I have.

#800 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm curious as to why the movies haven't been closed down yet

Money. Or lack of it. Deeply in debt and the lending company is still going to expect its vig. ??

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.