Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
    #651 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Pinburgh is a tournament.
    ReplayFX is the show. I've never heard of ReplayFX selling out. Same deal.

Yes, I've gone to TPF almost every year...I always just buy my ticket at the door.

#652 4 years ago

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/terms-conditions/

General Admission Cancellation/Refund Policy: Purchased admission(s) are non-refundable, but they are transferable. Should you need to transfer your admission(s) to another person’s name, contact [email protected].

Merchandise Cancellation/Refund Policy: Merchandise purchases are non-refundable, but can be exchanged for a different size/color, subject to availability. Should you need to transfer your merchandise order, contact [email protected] or the registration desk at the show.

Vendor Cancellation/Refund Policy: Space is held for vendors to the exclusion of others. Due to the difficulty in reselling space last-minute, booth space is only refundable up to 30 days prior to the show or if the space is resold.

Sponsor & Advertisement Cancellation/Refund Policy: Sponsorships, web links on the TPF home page and program ads are non-refundable.

Tournament Ticket Refund/No Show Policy: Tournament tickets are refundable until the cutoff date indicated by the tournament rules, provided a wait listed player can replace him/her and according to the graduate refund schedule. Tournament tickets are not transferable. No-shows for the Wizards Tournament are non-refundable.

Special Guest Cancellation: Special guests are subject to cancellation or schedule change, due to professional commitments. Although most guests are available for the duration of the event, due to limited availability some guests are only available for a portion of the event, i.e. a single day. Appearance day(s) will be posted on the website as soon as we know them. Seminars have limited seating capacities and are generally offered on a first come, first served basis. Seminars expected to reach capacity in the seminar room may institute some reserved seating.

Show Cancellation: TPF is a “rain or shine” event. In the unlikely circumstance that the Texas Pinball Festival were forced to cancel due to Acts of God, Government Action or any other reason out of our control, no payments will be refunded, and no credit will be applied toward any future show.

#653 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If only people got this fired up about the leading causes of death in the US each year...
    Many of which are more more easily impacted and have less cost to society to exert change.
    Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 647,457
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

I wish I could say you were in rare form. But...

#654 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

TPF website says NO REFUNDS.
    Even for acts of God.
    They will make a bit of coin on this, dont worry about them.

Oh this will bite them in the butt for sure.

#655 4 years ago

Looks like the answer to the thread title is - YES.

#656 4 years ago

sounds like a good reason to just buy tickets at the door.

General Admission Cancellation/Refund Policy: Purchased admission(s) are non-refundable, but they are transferable. Should you need to transfer your admission(s) to another person’s name, contact [email protected].
    Merchandise Cancellation/Refund Policy: Merchandise purchases are non-refundable, but can be exchanged for a different size/color, subject to availability. Should you need to transfer your merchandise order, contact [email protected] or the registration desk at the show.
    Vendor Cancellation/Refund Policy: Space is held for vendors to the exclusion of others. Due to the difficulty in reselling space last-minute, booth space is only refundable up to 30 days prior to the show or if the space is resold.
    Sponsor & Advertisement Cancellation/Refund Policy: Sponsorships, web links on the TPF home page and program ads are non-refundable.
    Tournament Ticket Refund/No Show Policy: Tournament tickets are refundable until the cutoff date indicated by the tournament rules, provided a wait listed player can replace him/her and according to the graduate refund schedule. Tournament tickets are not transferable. No-shows for the Wizards Tournament are non-refundable.
    Special Guest Cancellation: Special guests are subject to cancellation or schedule change, due to professional commitments. Although most guests are available for the duration of the event, due to limited availability some guests are only available for a portion of the event, i.e. a single day. Appearance day(s) will be posted on the website as soon as we know them. Seminars have limited seating capacities and are generally offered on a first come, first served basis. Seminars expected to reach capacity in the seminar room may institute some reserved seating.
    Show Cancellation: TPF is a “rain or shine” event. In the unlikely circumstance that the Texas Pinball Festival were forced to cancel due to Acts of God, Government Action or any other reason out of our control, no payments will be refunded, and no credit will be applied toward any future show.

#657 4 years ago

Guys, don't read too much into the TPF cancellation policy yet. Due to the nature of what is happening that may or may not be the case. No need to get spun up on something without the facts.

#658 4 years ago

I’m sure this entire thing will be a financial disaster for them.
    They can keep my money for preregistration passes as far as I’m concerned.
    It’s more important to see them survive going forward so that there are shows to attend in the future.

I’m also going to make an effort to go on some of the vendors websites and make some online purchases.
    Some vendors would have been counting on the revenue stream.

It’s gonna hurt people.

#659 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Guys, don't read too much into the TPF cancellation policy yet. Due to the nature of what is happening that may or may not be the case. No need to get spun up on something without the facts.

I thought getting spun up without facts was in the Pinside "terms of use"...

#660 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Looks like the answer to the thread title is - YES.

8BALL (resized).jpg8BALL (resized).jpg
    #661 4 years ago

I agreed to the terms so its on me, not them.

#662 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

It’s more important to see them survive going forward so that there are shows to attend in the future.
    I’m also going to make an effort to go on some of the vendors websites and make some online purchases.
    Some vendors would have been counting on the revenue stream.
    It’s gonna hurt people.

This guy gets it!

#663 4 years ago

From Deeproots website

67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    #664 4 years ago

"Show Cancellation: TPF is a “rain or shine” event. In the unlikely circumstance that the Texas Pinball Festival were forced to cancel due to Acts of God, Government Action or any other reason out of our control, no payments will be refunded, and no credit will be applied toward any future show."

We'll see what their payment processor, PayPal, has to say about their 'terms.'

They don't get to set the terms - PayPal does.

I bought tickets for myself and 2 friends, this was to be our first pin convention. And I plan on obtaining a refund.

#665 4 years ago

I agreed to the terms, so its on me.

So this falls under the “acts of god” clause? He’s the one behind this?
    Not cool god, not cool.

#666 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I hope not. I don't know their agreements. If a show cancels. They could be out a lot of money. Hotel, convention center, guarantee on rooms, food, and bars.

If a city or state cancels it. They may not have as much a financial loss. Other than promotion and stuff.

I do hope nothing but the best for TPF and MGC. A bad turn of events could kill a show.

LTG : )

#667 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope not. I don't know their agreements. If a show cancels. They could be out a lot of money. Hotel, convention center, guarantee on rooms, food, and bars.
    If a city or state cancels it. They may not have as much a financial loss. Other than promotion and stuff.
    I do hope nothing but the best for TPF and MGC. A bad turn of events could kill a show.

Pretty scary.

Similar actions have bankrupted many trade shows in the past

#668 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope not as well, but I guess time will tell.
    Wishing them the best right now.
    This has to be a stressful time.

#669 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I will also not ask for my money back. It's the least I can do to help.

#670 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I agreed to the terms knowingly.

I do not expect any refund at all.

#671 4 years ago

me too

#672 4 years ago

This is somewhat of a Force Majeure for TPF organizers. It sucks for me because when I booked my non-refundable rate at Hyatt House for Thur-Sun, I was only thinking about how I won't miss the show, not that the show would be canceled. Now I'm out $384 on the hotel.

I didn't buy passes because I exhibit games. I know it's disappointing for those of you that bought a pass, but under the circumstances list for no refund, TPF has every right to keep the money they collected from pre-sales. Their business is protected from catastrophic events like this from taking their company under. While everyone else is going to recover from their $60 hit. If that is the case (no refund), perhaps they can offer to honor free admission to the 2021 show to those that pre-purchased this year, or at least a discount. Sacrifices aren't being made one way here. Companies are protected because it can ruin them. I'm sure nobody is more disappointed about TPF not happening than Ed and Kim. They aren't walking away from this with the revenue they were expecting and maybe depending on and have worked countless hours to prepare for the show all year long.

#673 4 years ago

Glad they canceled TPF. Good call. It’s unfortunate, but a must.

#674 4 years ago

That. it's up to Ed what he'd like to do - but that clause was in there in black and white. To get all pissy if you DON'T get a refund is petulant and insane.

#675 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I agree and it's nice to see people not being selfish.

#676 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't have money invested in TPF or MGC for tickets or as a vendor. I was being sent by CGC to baby sit their games at TPF.

If TPF or MGC runs into trouble and Go Fund MEs or anything pop up. I'd find a way to contribute. I want both shows to continue.

#677 4 years ago

I am sure MGC will be next to cancel

#678 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Also, paying the TD. Who won't be working.

I wish you'd stop saying that unless you know it for sure. I'm 99% Colin has never taken a cut from the events. I heard the previous ones did take one but I haven't seen it from him. Only $$$ he's spent outside of prizes and tournament expenses have been to reimburse a couple of the techs (myself included) for parts we put into games to keep them running.

Colin and Phil are two of the most stand up an honest people I know, I'm sure if there is any possible way they can refund some or all the money for the tournament they will.

#680 4 years ago
    Quoted from _JHK_:

"Show Cancellation: TPF is a “rain or shine” event. In the unlikely circumstance that the Texas Pinball Festival were forced to cancel due to Acts of God, Government Action or any other reason out of our control, no payments will be refunded, and no credit will be applied toward any future show."
    We'll see what their payment processor, PayPal, has to say about their 'terms.'
    They don't get to set the terms - PayPal does.
    I bought tickets for myself and 2 friends, this was to be our first pin convention. And I plan on obtaining a refund.

This is your first post? What a douche move

#681 4 years ago

Sucks about TPF but it's better to be safe and i had made up my mind earlier today that i was not going.

#683 4 years ago

I’d almost consider reimbursing TPF for refund losses for anyone who throws a hissy fit about them if it could be agreed upon that they be banned for life from future TPF events!

#684 4 years ago

In my best Rick voice, "Coronavirus. You little piece of shit."

Bummer!!! Was really looking forward to TPF this year.

#685 4 years ago

Official cancellation emails from TPF have gone out, just got mine.

Text of email as follows:

Texas Pinball Festival is cancelled for March 27-29, 2020.

Our hearts are broken to have to announce the 2020 Texas Pinball Festival scheduled for March 27-29 is cancelled. This decision was not an easy one to make, and we know many of you are as disappointed as we are.

The World Health Organization has declared the COVID-19 virus a global pandemic and the safety and security of our guests is our top priority. What affects us even more directly is that President Trump has suspended travel from most of Europe and many of our vendors and special guests have contacted us in the last 24 hours to notify us they would not be coming to TPF due to concern for the COVID-19 threat. In addition, Exhibitors have begun cancelling. We've said it many times... Without the Exhibitors, there is no show.

We cannot express how devastating this is to TPF and to us personally.

We are asking everyone to give us a few weeks to develop a plan, as we work with the venue and our merchants. We hope you can weather this storm with us and be patient. We promise to do everything we can to save the Texas Pinball Festival.

Initially, tournament entries will be refunded and purchased merchandise marked “pick up at the show” will be mailed. We expect to be able to transfer general admission to TPF2021.

We want to thank everyone that stood by us offering their help and support. You don’t know how much that means to us. We will be in touch.

Paul, Kim, & Ed

#686 4 years ago

It's Officially Cancelled

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    #687 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Our hearts are broken to have to announce the 2020 Texas Pinball Festival scheduled for March 27-29 is cancelled. This decision was not an easy one to make, and we know many of you are as disappointed as we are.
    The World Health Organization has declared the COVID-19 virus a global pandemic and the safety and security of our guests is our top priority. What affects us even more directly is that President Trump has suspended travel from most of Europe and many of our vendors and special guests have contacted us in the last 24 hours to notify us they would not be coming to TPF due to concern for the COVID-19 threat. In addition, Exhibitors have begun cancelling. We’ve said it many times… Without the Exhibitors, there is no show.
    We cannot express how devastating this is to TPF and to us personally.
    We are asking everyone to give us a few weeks to develop a plan, as we work with the venue and our merchants. We hope you can weather this storm with us and be patient. We promise to do everything we can to save the Texas Pinball Festival.
    Initially, tournament entries will be refunded and purchased merchandise marked “pick up at the show” will be mailed. We expect to be able to transfer general admission to TPF2021.
    We want to thank everyone that stood by us offering their help and support. You don’t know how much that means to us. We will be in touch.
    Paul, Kim, & Ed

#688 4 years ago

Great statement, well done TPF. You have my support.

#689 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

It's Officially Cancelled[quoted image]

Paul, Kim, & Ed

That is handling it properly. Cancelling it was the correct answer, and handling it like this was the proper way to do it. Well done guys.

#690 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

That is handling it properly. Cancelling it was the correct answer, and handling it like this was the proper way to do it. Well done guys.

Ed and his team are stand up individuals. The way they would handle it was never in doubt with us at Circus Maximus or probably anyone that has ever met them.

Hang in there Ed and the TPF Team!

#691 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Great statement, well done TPF. You have my support.

Agreed.
    Tuff situation all around, but sounds like they are handling it very professionally.

#692 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

TPF has every right to keep the money they collected from pre-sales.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's the RIGHT thing to do.

Like, IMO, announcing the refund of the tournament entries is a good start, and that was the RIGHT thing to do. They could've kept that money as well under the other policy clause. I probably won't seek to chargeback or ask for ticket refund if they decide not to do those just because of *that*, so it's much appreciated by me. I don't want to hurt the show, but TPF is my one 'major' (Yeah, I know to a lot of you 250 bucks is a drop of water in an ocean, but it's not for me, and others I'm sure.) vacation expense that I plan for up front every year I can get the days off.

Will be waiting to hear more.

*edit* Oh, I missed the part about the general admission possibly transferring over to TPF 2021. That would be MORE than okay with me!

#693 4 years ago

Sad to see it all come to this.

Sorry for the organizers and those that were looking forward to the event.

#694 4 years ago

I guess your stats about heart disease just weren’t convincing enough.

#695 4 years ago

Don't have much to add, just that I've been following this thread here in Switzerland (where they already closed schools and universities near the Italian border). I grew up in the States and have always planned to attend TPF with my family.

Sorry to hear it's been canceled for everyone that planned to attend, I guess better safe than sorry. I'm a Bioinformatics and Genetics scientist that worked 5 years with the Geneva hospital virology department. Even through the ebola outbreak, etc. I've seen firsthand how quickly virus can spread through a country, so it makes sense to limit the spread until we can get a handle on it.

Positive note.. Most of us have some pins at home to play, to hold us over....!? Hoping TPF and all participants can weather the financial setbacks.

#696 4 years ago

I look forward to attending my first TPF....whenever it is rescheduled. I think calling it was the right thing to do at this point.

#697 4 years ago

Honestly, wasn't even on my radar until this thread, but definitely will be looking at going next year.

#698 4 years ago

it is cancelled - TPF

#699 4 years ago

Hey Whysnow - let Ed and Kim know your thoughts on the whole thing.

#700 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's the RIGHT thing to do.
    Like, IMO, announcing the refund of the tournament entries is a good start, and that was the RIGHT thing to do. They could've kept that money as well under the other policy clause. I probably won't seek to chargeback or ask for ticket refund if they decide not to do those just because of *that*, so it's much appreciated by me. I don't want to hurt the show, but TPF is my one 'major' (Yeah, I know to a lot of you 250 bucks is a drop of water in an ocean, but it's not for me, and others I'm sure.) vacation expense that I plan for up front every year I can get the days off.
    Will be waiting to hear more.
    *edit* Oh, I missed the part about the general admission possibly transferring over to TPF 2021. That would be MORE than okay with me!

the work doesn't start when you show up. we agreed to terms of sale. offering credit to next year is a nice gesture. This is going to hurt them financially.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/14?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.