Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 894 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TPF Corona Virus Recovery Thread!”

• Hell Yes, im concerned 207 votes
      46%
    • Hell no, the silverball rolls on 200 votes
      44%
    • I already have the virus, im spreading it around!! 43 votes
      10%

(450 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

youpeople (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.37 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.35.12 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.33.09 PM (resized).png
    4AF9F8E6-2DF7-4DD0-B0CA-707965B97C09 (resized).png
    38E6BED7-3E4A-4585-8323-24D4A93A35B1 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).jpg
    4A05C84D-EBF4-4D88-A997-584547719B5F (resized).jpeg
    ABC55A64-3752-4E12-A211-2F452CC48B70 (resized).jpeg
    CF778200-852B-4A7A-8F02-772C37B1D552 (resized).jpeg
    infectious (resized).jpg
    8EDB20EA-ABB1-4EF2-B036-FBC849A62FE5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    67C069B3-F789-4648-871E-05CEAC9F638A (resized).png
    8BALL (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

His points are irrelevant to this situation.

Maybe to you....

#552 4 years ago

Once it is discovered (if it is discovered) HOW this originated, I wonder if this will be a contributing factor...

'overuse of antibacterial products'

Google it

but like all things on the WWW, point of view's can be found from any perspective I guess.

#553 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Maybe to you....

No, maybe to REALITY. This virus has zero to do with stats of other diseases. ZERO. It was an attempt to diminish the reality of this situation.

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This one cracks me up too. Thousands of people get virus: meh, Tom Hanks gets virus: OH SHIT! PANIC!

I just got "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" in the mail from Netflix yesterday. Now, I'm not sure if it's safe to watch.

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Once it is discovered (if it is discovered) HOW this originated, I wonder if this will be a contributing factor...
    'overuse of antibacterial products'
    Google it
    but like all things on the WWW, point of view's can be found from any perspective I guess.

... but this is a virus.

That said, I do agree with the whole "super bacteria" thing. It's simple evolution. Overuse of sanitation can accelerate the creation of a anti-anti-bacterial.... um, bacteria. Not so good with the words, but you get my drift

#556 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The problem is that none of those things happen simultaneously to a large population.
    Under normal circumstances, a small handful of people with a viral infection are manageable, and unless they have some serious complications, they are likely to be able to survive it.
    The problem right now overseas is that very large numbers of the population are infected and totally overwhelming their heath care infrastructure. For example, if 3 people need a ventilator, and only one is available, 2 of those people probably aren't going to make it.
    On top of that, there is no vaccine. That's about a year away, unless some corners get cut.
    So, what we have right now are mitigation measures to help slow down the rate of infection within populations. All it takes is one asymptomatic person in a large group of people to spread it around, and for those people to spread it around, and so on. So, limiting gatherings of people will help reduce exposure, and a slower spread will be a bit more manageable for the heath care infrastructure to be able handle.

AAF5F848-2D40-42B9-A9C8-D864E0B39164 (resized).jpegAAF5F848-2D40-42B9-A9C8-D864E0B39164 (resized).jpeg
    #557 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I just got "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" in the mail from Netflix yesterday. Now, I'm not sure if it's safe to watch.

Netflix still rents DVDs?

#559 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Interesting, I did not know Netflix still does the mailing version of their service.

#560 4 years ago

But Gary will be in attendance at TPF. Right...

How would that look. TPF infects and kills Stern. Great headline

#561 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Well it IS a weird and kind of creepy movie.
    Just don't watch it alone and you'll be ok.

#562 4 years ago

YA, time to reschedule TPF to later in year. Big group of people touching all the machines and coughing/farting all day.
    Its just safer at this point to push this event back a few months.
    In fact, always surprised that a pinball show hasn't been ground zero for other outbreaks.

#563 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Netflix still rents DVDs?

Quoted from DCFAN:

Interesting, I did not know Netflix still does the mailing version of their service.

Yep. It's still a great way to watch stuff they don't stream, which seems like it's about 80% of the stuff out there.

#564 4 years ago

I think it’s just a matter of time now. I’m bummed, but pushing it to later in the year is the best move.

#565 4 years ago

Yea, may be the best move for all involved.

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

whysnow Let me help you see the difference...
    Number of deaths for leading causes of death
    Heart disease: 647,457 - Doesn't infect others
    Cancer: 599,108 - Doesn't infect others
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 - Ban cars. Doesn't infect others
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201 - Doesn't infect others
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383 - Doesn't infect others
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404 - Doesn't infect others
    Diabetes: 83,564 - Doesn't infect others
    Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672 - Yep, that sucks too bad we don't do something about that too
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633 - Doesn't infect others
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173- Doesn't infect others
    Corvid-19 - Infects others.

47,540 deaths a year to opiods.

#567 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

...is an irrelevant stat about something that’s not contagious.

#568 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

And that's illegal in most cases, so should have cured itself! *cough*

#569 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

YA, time to reschedule TPF to later in year. Big group of people touching all the machines and coughing/farting all day.
    Its just safer at this point to push this event back a few months.
    In fact, always surprised that a pinball show hasn't been ground zero for other outbreaks.

It always comes back to the farts with pinball players. Why does pinball result in such troublesome gastric conditions? Or, are farty people more attracted to pinball? Is it because you can stand and play at the same time? Drink beer between balls?

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

And it’s just getting started, the flu has been around awhile.

Good point. Flu antibodies are present in different amounts in a good portion of the population—vaccinated or not—due to previous exposure.

Covid is a “novel” virus which basically means new. No antibodies anywhere. No defense.

New viruses don’t necessarily kill everyone, but this is new and fairly dangerous.

#571 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I will be there hell or high water. My guess is many of us here take daily risks that are higher than coronavirus like replying to a text while driving, consuming some form of drug be it tobacco, alcohol, or caffeine, and being a pinball crowd probably not eating the healthiest of diets. Nobody freaks out over those things on a daily basis. I'm not going to freak out about a new strain of flu going around. Stay home if it makes you feel better, shorter lines for me.

You need to factor something else into your trip. Nobody has talked about this, and TPF is still too weeks away. Consider the possibility that the airlines could decide to shut down flights within the country. It is a long shot but anything is possible.

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Ok. I won’t do opioids.

I hope to not do Corona but I don’t have 100% control. Comprende?

#573 4 years ago

If we are lucky, this will die out with a whimper. If we aren't lucky, this could turn into any of your favorite apocalyptic films.

<cue The Thing: Blaire computer infection spread simulation> (can't find a pic)

#574 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

If we are lucky, this will die out with a whimper. If we aren't lucky, this could turn into any of your favorite apocalyptic films.

Here ya go

#575 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Ever seen 12 Monkey's? It all starts with the airports.

#576 4 years ago

I can confirm two rooms freed up at Embassy Suites for those still planning to attend and think the show won't get cancelled, if you're not already staying on-site. As noted above; lots of folks in a confined space, all touching the same surfaces over and over make for a prime/perfect storm should exposure occur. With confirmed cases in Frisco, elsewhere in the state, and folks traveling from other areas of the country and from outside the country to the show, it's just a bit too much to ignore. Really hate to miss it, but I'm going to invite my local friends who are also cancelling over for a beer and to play a few games instead.

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

And that's illegal in most cases, so should have cured itself! *cough*

2020 will be the decisive victory in the War On Drugs, I can sense it

#578 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

https://www.theonion.com/we-have-coronavirus-under-control-announces-cdc-dire-1842128516

#580 4 years ago

All those machines in the free-play area........

#581 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No, maybe to REALITY. This virus has zero to do with stats of other diseases. ZERO. It was an attempt to diminish the reality of this situation.

it does have to do with stats of other diseases, it was an attempt to think about perspective. Obviously you don't wish to, so carry on.

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

it does have to do with stats of other diseases, it was an attempt to think about perspective. Obviously you don't wish to, so carry on.

It wasn’t about perspective. It was an attempt to diminish the discussion about a pandemic. Comparing a pandemic to other things that aren’t contagious is irrelevant & dangerous.

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It's not really the right perspective at all. He was trying to diminish the concern over corona by comparing it to a myriad of other things that kill people (the same as 100 other posts regarding 'the flu' have been trying to do). The key thing with the majority of those is - that is PER YEAR. The second thing as I pointed out is the bulk of that is SELF INFLICTED. People DO care about those statistics, but others can't do anything about them. THIS others can do things about. Not sure what else needs to be said. If people don't understand the difference yet, maybe darwinism will figure it out.

#584 4 years ago

Well, I'm out! Crap

#585 4 years ago

Keep chanting "cancel" and and it will come....

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

It always comes back to the farts with pinball players.

Yep... and I own two of the most farting pinballs, if not the only two? FG & SP...

#587 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

maybe darwinism will figure it out.

Well Darwin is sure helping out the virus, if nothing else...

#588 4 years ago

MLB and NHL are also suspending their seasons. No pro sports, people.

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

So you’re saying there’s an upside to all of this!

#590 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Washington Redskins are calling their scouts and people home. With the NFL draft coming up. I wonder if other teams will follow ?

LTG : )

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Washington Redskins are calling their scouts and people home. With the NFL draft coming up. I wonder if other teams will follow ?

You mean they usually have people there? If they didn't it would have explained a lot.

#592 4 years ago

Poll results once again showing the stupidity of this country and that goes for the inaptitude of the government. We always seem to reach a new low and yet I am always somehow befuddled.

We're gonna light up worse than Italy.

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

Gives new meaning to “Special when lit”

BC50F56A-51E7-42CD-9481-1D4BFA742C34 (resized).jpegBC50F56A-51E7-42CD-9481-1D4BFA742C34 (resized).jpeg
    #594 4 years ago

Goes on Pinside and Social Media to announce to the world that they are not attending TPF.
    Looks for praise and likes to make their decision feel good.
    Bullies and lashes out to anyone who disagrees and does not do the same as they do and demands that all organizers of any big gathering cancel.
    Continually say their choice of reason is because they do not want to catch the bug and pass it on to someone else in fear they will make that person sick.
    Will still continue to go out into public and walk and touch where thousands of people have been.
    Once the virus calms down, will have no problem going out in large gatherings and risk catching another virus or illness and passing that down to someone who is old and ill and will suffer from that person passing that to them.
    If its not in the public eye then f%#@ em right?

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I think we'll get the NFL. Maybe starting late, say, October.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Wow...for the first time in decades my beloved Redskins are the first to get something right!

Quoted from pinballOsp:

Poll results once again showing the stupidity of this country and that goes for the inaptitude of the government. We always seem to reach a new low and yet I am always somehow befuddled.

The poll is two weeks old.

If it started today you'd see vastly different results.

#598 4 years ago

Sorry guys been banging around a few diff'rent virus threads but just remembered this one.

Does this thread explain Whysnow's secret job as a virologist?

#599 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just close the country, flip the sign over. Economy is toast. Send every taxpayer basic stipend until infection rates decline. It would end all the anxiety and suspense and health decisions based on money.

Putting this back out there...thought it was an extreme measure when I said it all of a day ago or whenever.

#600 4 years ago

Comerica Center just closed till April, and that is right next door to TPF...

There are 894 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/12?hl=mjalexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.