(Topic ID: 75957)

Will Black Hole inner backglasses ever be repro-ed???

By kray37

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kray37
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tn[2].jpg
#1 10 years ago

i would think this would be a huge seller if someone repro-ed these inner glasses as I have never seen a good one without flaking! the outside bg always seems ok, just inner is jacked! a buddy told me he thought that Shay Arcade did them awhile back, but not sure. any info here???

#2 10 years ago

Nothin on this???

#3 10 years ago

The glass in mine is great so I don't know, haven't heard any announcements on it and don't see it listed on Shay's site. If you need one, get a bunch of people together and petition Shay. If they know a reproduction is needed, they'll make one.

Steve

tn[2].jpgtn[2].jpg

#4 10 years ago

I've had 3 black holes over the years and none of them had bad glass. Not discounting that its needed, just pointing out that there is good ones out there. Be patient and keep looking.

#5 10 years ago

Huh, ok, I woulda figured they were all in some way jacked up with flaking! I have three(1 is really just the backbox only) and two of the three are terrible and third is flaking a little on bottom. I have seen at least 3 others in my area over the yrs and they all had major flaking. So, I guess you guys are the lucky ones or I'm bad luck! Haha

#6 10 years ago

I hate to say it, but I'm also one of the lucky ones - my playfield is pretty worn in the usual spots, but my inner backglass is perfect. however, I have heard many people say the backglass is hard to find in good condition! maybe just a weird sample bias here

#7 10 years ago

Well the good thing about the inner glass is that you can hardly tell even if your bg is terrible because of lighting and the "space" look to it anyway! To the collector we know though lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-black-hole-inner-backglasses-ever-be-repro-ed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.