Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

BBBR2 makes even more sense than MMR. If I was PPS that is the #1 thing I would be interested in doing next and getting stuff when IPB is liquidated in the future.

I would actually consider buying a BBBR2 as I have played both an original and BBBR1 and they are super fun with cool animations, unique gameplay, and very funny.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

BBBR2??? What the heck is that? BBB was never remade and won't be. Capcom built 14 protos and before they could put them into production they went out of business. Gene simply did what Capcom planned to do... put them into production. You don't remake protos.
Have fun dreaming about BBBR...

Well Gene was not Capcom and hence anything he produced was technically a remake since it had been done before by Capcom. 14 original games are called 'prototypes' but as far as I know are very similar to the remake that IPB made. What Gene did is very similar to what PPS is currently doing. Take an already finished game and remake it to the best of your abilities. What are the main differences besides real boardset vs emulated?

Seems like the same business model and plan and the only differences are the # of original games and the cost of the remake?

There are 14 BBB and then the BBBR that gene made.

#23 10 years ago

You cant have it both ways Tony. Just because you resell BBBRs does not make them originals. I do like though how you are able to cut the line ever so thin around what makes a game a remake and what makes it an original produciton.

By your example, if PPS was making MMR with original boards and name and harness then he would just be doing a continuation of the original production rather than a remake.

BBBR is a remake and so is MMR. Similarly, game play featires will be like the originals in both cases but there will be sublte differences from original and remake.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

PMI's BBB was NOT a remake, it was a production run. They used original boardsets and they built all of the parts to manufacturing diagram specs. Other than improving the reliability of the lighting on the ramp and using a couple of graphics with more details on the plastics, the machines are practically the same. There are 13 original games out in the wild, but since PMI and Capcom Pinball were both owned by the same person, the machines produced were production games, not remakes.

I am not sure how anyone would not define what Gene did as a remake. He had to physically REMAKE the majority of the parts that went into his production run. The BBBRs are NOT identical to the original games or from the original run of games (even if the original run was pre-production or "prototype"), hence they are remakes. It is really pretty cut and dry.

remake > anything that is made anew. something in remade form especially a new version of an original version. creation that is created again.

#40 10 years ago

LOL, Teekee your motives/perceptions are obviously altered by $$$$ signs.

Williams made prototype MM and ran the original produciton games as one big process. It is not like they made ramp molds for ptototype MM then lost them, waited a few years, someonme else bought the remaining crap from Williams, and remade all the parts based off original specs.

Original manufacturer, original process, original games

New manufacturer, new process, remaking parts, remake of original

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its just not worth trying to explain$$$$$ Economics 101 and how markets$$$$$ work and how they fail... you should have paid more attention in school. $$$$$$$
How many times$$$$$$ does it have to be said… the pinball market$$$$$$ can't handle all these $8000 pins. We are already seeing some of the effects and it hasn't even really begun yet.
Some of $$$$$you guys are living in a dream land... dozens of new games$$$$$ and remakes and the endless flow of money dancing in your head. $$$$$
And sadly some of you guys are only $$$$$$hoping for certain remakes because you're $$$$$jealous and upset that certain pins have reached extremely$$$$$ high values and you missed out… wah-wah! Sorry, we all can't win, get over it!$$$$$

^^^ best way to read any TeeKee post is filtered through dollar signs.

Tony, if you have not realized the majority here dont care about your "market" as more pinball is good. More manufacturers making more games is good! I agree that I wish efforts were put into new technology and new games, but no matter how you look at it, if you love playing pinball and collecting pinball machines, more of any game is a good thing.

People will remake the high value machine if they are able because there is money in it. Any doom and gloom "crash" to the market is really a good thing for the majority of collectors and players. Please let me know when the crash comes so I can stretch my dollar further and get more machines.

1 week later
#146 10 years ago

BBB is an awesome game IMHO! Love every chance I have had to play one!

1 week later
#319 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm a buyer of mint HUO, low play BBB examples at $17,500 if anyone is getting scared! NIB I'll go $22k!
Its gonna get remade So be very afraid... BOO!

I will pay 17,600 and 22,100 respectively if anyone is selling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.