Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

If there is money to made, there is always a possibility....

Brotha, you ain't never lied.

#80 10 years ago

All this pinball stuff is going to decline in value.

Right now we all have this nostalgic love of pinball because we grew up with it.

Sure there are a few 20 year old guys on Pinside, but the majority are much older.

As **our** generation starts to decline in numbers, the next generation will not have our love for the silverball.

Although pinball has had a rise in popularity lately, it is only a tiny blip.

4000 AC/DCs is a lot of games sold, but nothing compared to 20,000 Flash or TAFs, so pinball will remain an old man's game.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I kinda disagree here as its our responsibility or should I say opportunity to spread what we grew up with.

I'm sure we all try to promote pinball wherever we can, but pinball's day is long past.

I used to deploy 5 Gorgars side by side and players would be standing 4 deep behind each of them.

Those days are never going to come back.

Too many other ways kids spend their money these days for entertainment. $70 for cell phone, $10 for Netflix, $5 for Pandora, $7 for Xbox subscription, $4 Candy Crush......

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I recently went to a bar owner and offered 100% of the take and still could not get a machine in. Took up too much space, he has tried pinball before, no one plays it anymore, yada yada.

Exactly.

A Bar-ber-cut game makes $2000 a week at the local theater, and their pinball machine makes $30.

What are you going to devote your limited space to as the establishment owner?

#93 10 years ago

Maybe Heathkit will bring back their Fireball Pinball Kit ?

Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPGHeithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG

heithkit fireball.gifheithkit fireball.gif

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Does bar Ber make that much? Might give it a try if so.

James "King of Cranes" has a Cut that earns $3500 a week in one location.

(I will qualify that the owner of the location takes a photo of each winner posing with their iPad or whatever they won and tapes them all over the machine. I would guess than those ugly mugshots drive up the use of the machine 25% or more)

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Way better than the scam cranes Elaut USA runs in the Six Flags parks with iPad boxes holding off-center weights inside make pickup difficult even when perfectly aligned and the percentage-o-matic allows full voltage to the claw coil. The box still usually falls off the claw. There should be laws against stuff like this.

I think only Washington has a law requiring Skill Cranes to actually be games of skill.

All other states it's just gambling....

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

They'll never remake it. Put it to bed.

That's what they said about MM too.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I hear ta Vid, but MM is rated the #1 best game of all time. BBB #37.

Ratings, Shmatings........

Most people have never played BBB, there are only 197 in the world.

#140 10 years ago

Williams themselves bought the rights to produce BBB, so you know the game had to be pretty special.

How many other games can you name that Williams bought from an outside company?

The single BBB that Williams made is the rarest of all the BBBs.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Its a cool game but I would rather have a few dozen other games before dropping crazy money on one.

Exactly!

Thus the need for the remake....

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

A remake would end up being twice the price of the first run. Thats close to $9,000....I'm out.

A remake between $4,000 and $6,000....I might be in.

The first BBB remake was $4500 back when Stern games were $3700, so You are not going to get BBB for $4000 10 years latter.

I imagine that a remake will run $8000 just like the MMr.

#170 10 years ago

Free Market At Work:

If there is a dime to make off a BBB remake - make it.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yep, I am aware, thats why I said I'm out unless its between 4 and 6k.

Yeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr out !

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Due to Gene's current financial situation, the Capcom rights would probably go for a staggering seven figure amount at this point.
Next to that you're reproducing a game, unlike PMI, at rock bottom with NO inventory.
Even with a 100 run, you're looking at an addition six figures *before* assembly.
Watch the BBB documentary and listen to some of the 2004 prices Gene had to pay for small stuff.
Gene wanted $8K for KP, six years ago. To turn a profit today, you would have to sell the game for at least $10K ~ $12K.
You would also have to sell more than 200 of them. To sell it for $8K, you would have to sell MORE than that!
For a game that can be mastered in less than 15 minutes, I just don't see the demand, profit or time to remake something, mostly for notoriety, to a *handful* of collectors.

Remember, Gene is the master of telling you what he wants you to hear.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Question was once everybody who can afford one, gets one, what will the value be of the huo remake?

Who cares?

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

So please explain it to us all:
Is Gene going to be forced to sell the rights to the Capcom empire by a bankruptcy court?
Is he secretly going to sell the rights under a name other than his own?
How many possible buyers are lined up to buy the rights to a half dozen 20 year old commercially unpopular pinball machines?
If it is impossible to turn a profit by reissuing BBB, why would anyone pay "seven figures" for those rights?

He is not going to be able to answer any of those questions in any meaningful way.

Get ready for much dodging in 3...2....1.......

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Heck, just a few months ago he told Vid1900 "maybe" to a BBB remake. Now he's filing for bankruptcy.

I have no partnerships with Gene, nor am I a creditor in any of the legal proceedings.

I do not appreciate being implicated in Gene's bankruptcy in any way.

( I will state here for the record that if the Capcom rights can be purchased for under $10,000, I may make a bid.)

#217 10 years ago

It's funny when you got yourself backed into the corner and could not get out, but when it comes to someone's daughter getting abused, you are not funny and

NOT COOL.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Says the *other* "Location Unknown" guy.

Let me guess, someone was stalking you on the internet too?

That bothers you???

My job currently requires a very distinct separation from your online drama.

If that fact bothers you, press the little ignore button at the top of my post. I won't be offended.

-

BTW: whatever relationship you believe you have with Gene, remember that he is superior to you mentally, and only tells you what he wants you to hear.

Don't just blow off the above - every time you guys speak, he is setting up his next play, often years in advance.

#290 10 years ago

What will that car be worth in 10 years compared to the BBB?

1 week later
#367 10 years ago

Yep, Williams bought the rights and was even going to make BBB themselves - that's how excited the industry was about the game.

The rarest of all the BBB is the single Williams model.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.