Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Just make a new bar themed pinball. It would interest me more than a remake.

Amen! One damn ref... I mean remake is enough! Move forward!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Would rather see Kingpin made.

That would make much more sense... There's not enough money to support all the new stuff anyway. If remakes continue a collapse is near...

#16 10 years ago

BBBR2??? What the heck is that? BBB was never remade and won't be. Capcom built 14 protos and before they could put them into production they went out of business. Gene simply did what Capcom planned to do... put them into production. You don't remake protos.

Have fun dreaming about BBBR...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What Gene did is very similar to what PPS is currently doing.

Williams made MM protos. Williams put several thousand into production. PPS is now remaking MM from the production machine but without the name/logos, boardset, harness, etc. major differences.

Gene put BBB into production with the Capcom name, parts, etc. No remake. He just did what Capcom wasn't able to do... put it into production.

Capcom made 14 prototypes... Gene made 191 production machines... no remakes here or ever.

Sorry Charlie!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The BBBRs are NOT identical to the original games or from the original run of games (even if the original run was pre-production or "prototype"), hence they are remakes. It is really pretty cut and dry.
remake > anything that is made anew. something in remade form especially a new version of an original version. creation that is created again.

There is no such thing as a BBBr and prototypes are rarely identical to the production pins... by your line of thinking I guess we could say Williams remade MM before PPS. They produced some protos and then remade it into the production machines.

Wow, I guess PPS is actually remaking a remake! MMr2... whatever makes you happy.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

TeeKee....you're up...

Yes, I know... I'm up about 41-0 right now. This is a blow out. He's trying hard but his logic is getting worse by the post.

Blowout and its not even halftime... I bet he's a Denver fan.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

And now the world will come to an end, because I never thought I would ever agree with teekee about anything.

If you like to be right than you need to agree with me… you may not like it but rarely and I MEAN RARELY am I ever wrong.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

A collapse of what? Your pinball resale empire? Seriously, what's the harm?

Its just not worth trying to explain Economics 101 and how markets work and how they fail... you should have paid more attention in school.

How many times does it have to be said… the pinball market can't handle all these $8000 pins. We are already seeing some of the effects and it hasn't even really begun yet.

Some of you guys are living in a dream land... dozens of new games and remakes and the endless flow of money dancing in your head.

And sadly some of you guys are only hoping for certain remakes because you're jealous and upset that certain pins have reached extremely high values and you missed out… wah-wah! Sorry, we all can't win, get over it!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

People will remake the high value machine if they are able because there is money in it.

So I'm a bad guy because you think my priorities are all about $$$$ yet you're fine when it comes to some making extreme profits from high dollar remakes…

Quoted from Whysnow:

More manufacturers making more games is good!

You just don't understand! More manufactures making more and more games is good? And who will buy all these? Where will all this money come from? I can't believe its so hard to understand that this market can't handle more and more $8000 plus pins! If you can't see how the remakes of old pins will hurt the manufacturers like Stern and JJP that are moving forward and trying to bring us new stuff… hopeless…

You know nothing about me and the more I read your responses I'm not sure you know much about anything…

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You have Stern and JJP to blame, they are the reason PPS is making games. If Stern was making killer games, and JJP didn't screw up WOZ so terribly, more people would be buying their games and there wouldn't be money for a PPS remake in the market.
Look at WOZ, it's a great looking game and has an LCD screen. Big whoop, there isn't a single thing on that play field that is overly impressive. It's got a lot of stuff, but the stuff it has isn't a mind blowing technological breakthrough.
Look at AC/DC, it's a great game but mainly because of the rules. Generic layout, rehashed toys, the LEDs were done well but big deal. Every game since has been meh. ST is a fun game, but nothing special.
We shouldn't do remakes because it would hurt Stern and JJP? Stern and JJP are hurting themselves with lack of innovation and botched releases.
If you can't understand that competition is what drives innovation... hopeless...

LOL, and you think PPS remaking a 20 year old pin is innovation? Maybe you think its a mind blowing technological breakthrough? PPS is remaking MM because they know they can take advantage of its overinflated price and because they can take advantage of everyone like yourself who's willing to give them $8000 for a $4000 product… PPS is bringing absolutely nothing new to the table simply taking your money!

LOL, man you should have just stayed out of this thread… it didn't help your already hopeless mentality I've seen in your many other posts. LOL!

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I said COMPETITION drives innovation. I did not say PPS is innovating, even though they created a new board set, there is some innovation there.
The fact that MM14 is being remade solidifies them as competition.

LOL, 20 year old competition! LOL… no competition, no innovation, no breakthrough, nothing. They just know how to take advantage of a very profitable situation. Good of them! Bad for the hobby… you'll get it someday just try to keep up for now.

1 week later
#152 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Would love to see a large run of remakes just to all those who dare ask $20,000 for a pin can see a price crash.

Yep… just what I thought. Much of the calls for remakes stems from jealousy.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it jealousy to want to own a cool game for a reasonable price? I'd say it's just a desire to be somewhat practical.

You had your chance to get it in 2007 for $4500… not everyone gets to win.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just like there a bunch of people who don't want them made to protect their 'investment'.

I don't blame them… many of them took a big risk and it paid off. Good for them! If you want one they are out there for sale… quit whining and get out your wallet like everyone else.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

quit whining and get out your wallet like everyone else.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Who is whining?? Certainly not me.

That was a general statement not necessarily directed at you… they know who they are.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

And $20K for a BBB is greed,

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

For collectors who like hi prices and rare games hear is one of seven only $25,000
http://www.thepinballcompany.com/michael-jordan-pinball-machine-1-of-7-made.aspx

"Would love to see a large run of remakes just to all those who dare ask $25,000 for a pin can see a price crash."

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

exactly. more pinball for more people. sorry, but the plight of the pinball speculator doesn't move me.

like I care what "moves" you.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

if you didn't care you wouldn't have devoted the prior year of your life to posting about it. i mean for the entire year or so i've been posting here, your entire function has been to be to whine about the poor downtrodden speculators and trash the idea of remakes at every opportunity. i doubt there's a pinsider who isn't fully aware of your opinion on the matter. consider it noted!

I'm sure we are all aware of your opinion as well... you've also told us over and over and over... whine, whine, whine, also noted.

Now, back to not caring what "moves" you...

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

To go even further, I would say that 50% - 60% of the MMR LE's will fall into the hands of people looking to flip them.

Flippers aren't that stupid… I hope! These things won't be good for flipping. Anyone buying one (or more) of these things to flip…

Quoted from pinstor12:

Good luck flipping any mmr.

definitely… it will be the first throw away pin. When you're done and bored with it, pitch it!

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It may be illegal for anyone in Europe to buy a BBB from someone in the USA and try to ship over there.

Yes, there is a problem with customs and BBB's going to Europe… these guys from France came over and bought a NIB BBB from me and disassembled as much as they could before shipping it over. The rest they took with them in backpacks and gym bags. They didn't speak much English so I couldn't be sure of the exact problem…

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/teekee_2008/library/BBB?sort=6&page=1

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Nice job on the caption there, Teekee.

Lol, between my French and their English it was a challenge… very interesting to watch though. I could hardly believe what I was seeing!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

How many BBB still exist? Didn't some get lost in a fire?

One of the protos was lost in a fire. None of the production BBB were lost that I've heard. So to answer your question 13 protos and 191 production models.

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Before long there will be a lot more for sale. Ed

Quoted from zr11990:

Why do you say this?

He has no idea...

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Before long there will be a lot more for sale. Ed

Yes, once they hit 30 grand I think you'll see more come up for sale..

#310 10 years ago

I'm a buyer of mint HUO, low play BBB examples at $17,500 if anyone is getting scared! NIB I'll go $22k!

Its gonna get remade So be very afraid... BOO!

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

BBB is still a sellers market until that happens...

It will never happen... half you guys know this you just simply like to start crap. BBB owners are not worried.

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not starting crap. I'm just being realistic.... I'll say it again, Capcom rights are worthless without the ability to produce new games. Do you think they'll really go unsold at Auction?

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I thought this sold at TPF for $17K.

I could be wrong but I think there was a reserve that was not met… I think it ended at $17,500. I believe there were some pretty hefty fees that went with it so it would have ended up being closer to $20k.

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They would sell 1,000 at 7K in 3 hours.
...and I'd be 2nd in line...

Why? BBB is not even a top 30 pin. The only real appeal is its value and collectibility and that certainly wouldn't crossover to the remake. Makes no sense to remake it...

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No. BBB certainly has way more going for it than value and collectibility. It's a fun pin with a superb theme and great art

I'll give you theme and great art but still gets most of its appeal from its value, rarity and collectibility IMO. Just not good enough to remake… especially since it would be a difficult process unlike MM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.