Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now that I've had a chance to play Big Bang Bar back to back with Kingpin I'm definitely in the "remake Kingpin instead" camp, if you're gonna remake a rare Capcom. BBB is neat, love the theme and presentation, but it just didn't grab me the way Kingpin did, which is a very cool game, and so much rarer that it's even more likely people won't get to play it.

I really love them both, but I agree, I'd take Kingpin over BBB.

1 week later
#314 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Of course BBB will be made again! Probably not in the next year or two, but it's going to happen... To think otherwise is being naive. Once the dust settles on the IPB bankruptcy and someone else procures the Capcom rights, do you honestly think they're just going to sit on those rights and not produce anything?-Especially when current BBB machines sell for $25K+. Those rights are worthless if they don't build more machines. What are they going to do, produce parts for the current 190 machines? There's no money in that.... As long as the demand is there for BBB, it will be remade. In the past the biggest roadblock was re-producing the Capcom boards, but now with emulation and Beagleboards the remake would be easier than ever to accomplish. Personally, I'd rather see Kingpin made first but I think BBB would be the better seller because it is a known commodity and the 190 current machines is just a drop in the bucket of what the overall demand for the machine would be. I bet they would sell 1000 machines in a matter of a couple of hours, similar to what happened with MMR last Fall.

Well said.

I agree that they could sell 1000 BBBr's at $8k. BBB isn't as good as MM, but since there were so many more MMs made compared to BBB (only 190 as you state), the demand would easily be there for this title.

Like you, I'd prefer to see Kingpin first though.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

It appears BBB left TPF in the company of MMR. Makes you wonder.

Let the speculation begin. lol

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd agree about Kingpin. Plus, it's not finished yet so you can take what's there and run with it or even start over on rules and dots. It looks like it could be a really fun game. The real question is though:"Who owns Capcom Pinball right now?"

Exactly. If some could accurately track what's happening in the bankruptcy proceedings it could tell us who may end up owns the Capcom rights. It would be particularly interesting to know what kind of offers would be made for the rights. Seems likely that anyone paying for those rights would do so with the intention of remaking BBB and King Pin

#360 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why? BBB is not even a top 30 pin. The only real appeal is its value and collectibility and that certainly wouldn't crossover to the remake. Makes no sense to remake it...

No. BBB certainly has way more going for it than value and collectibility. It's a fun pin with a superb theme and great art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.