Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

I can't wait until PPS remakes BBB! Bring it on!

#37 10 years ago

Someone who owns a bunch of games that PPS is probably going to remake

Quoted from chadderack:

What's a 'true collector'?

#100 10 years ago

No, I think we get it. We should put the small segment of people with "deep pockets" above everyone else? Call me crazy, but in my opinion $8,000 IS "deep pocket" money.

There are so many problems with your statement. Basically, you are saying all these rich people out there need to be protected or they will leave the hobby. How about all the people who leave the hobby because they can't afford it while we "protect" all these people with deep pockets?

I have to admit, it's a new take on the price situation. High prices for all so we can protect a select few.

Quoted from metallik:

You guys don't get it. Many people are in the hobby in part due to the collectibility of these games - they enjoy seeking out and owning rare and desirable games as much as others enjoy fixing, playing and competing. Not everyone cares about this, but enough people with deep pockets do, that if you destroy collectibility by remaking games, you drive that money away from pinball and into other hobbies. If too many folks who can afford 8K NIB games find other places to spend their money, we may not be able to support two or more manufacturers like we are (kinda) now.

Teekee might be a bit of a dick with his delivery, but his hypotheses is sound. The comic book industry flooded the market with "collectible" product.. not remakes, but gobs of "special and limited edition" books, and it eventually killed interest. I think too many pinball remakes could do the same, although the good thing is that pins are much more difficult to manufacture than books.

At some point, you gotta say "there will be no more of this particular game..."

#102 10 years ago

You have Stern and JJP to blame, they are the reason PPS is making games. If Stern was making killer games, and JJP didn't screw up WOZ so terribly, more people would be buying their games and there wouldn't be money for a PPS remake in the market.

Look at WOZ, it's a great looking game and has an LCD screen. Big whoop, there isn't a single thing on that play field that is overly impressive. It's got a lot of stuff, but the stuff it has isn't a mind blowing technological breakthrough.

Look at AC/DC, it's a great game but mainly because of the rules. Generic layout, rehashed toys, the LEDs were done well but big deal. Every game since has been meh. ST is a fun game, but nothing special.

We shouldn't do remakes because it would hurt Stern and JJP? Stern and JJP are hurting themselves with lack of innovation and botched releases.

If you can't understand that competition is what drives innovation... hopeless...

Quoted from teekee:

If you can't see how the remakes of old pins will hurt the manufacturers like Stern and JJP that are moving forward and trying to bring us new stuff… hopeless…

#105 10 years ago

I said COMPETITION drives innovation. I did not say PPS is innovating, even though they created a new board set, there is some innovation there.

The fact that MM14 is being remade solidifies them as competition. You have always been the master at selective reading.

Stern and JJP are going to have to step up and get better (innovate) if they want those dollars going to them and not PPS.

Quoted from teekee:

LOL, and you think PPS remaking a 20 year old pin is innovation? Maybe you think its a mind blowing technological breakthrough? PPS is remaking MM because they know they can take advantage of its overinflated price and because they can take advantage of everyone like yourself who's willing to give them $8000 for a $4000 product… PPS is bringing absolutely nothing new to the table simply taking your money!

LOL, man you should have just stayed out of this thread… it didn't help your already hopeless mentality I've seen in your many other posts. LOL!

Quoted from jalpert:

If you can't understand that competition is what drives innovation... hopeless...

#107 10 years ago

If PPS isn't competition then Stern and JJP have nothing to worry about and there is no problem here, right?

Quoted from teekee:

LOL, 20 year old competition! LOL… no competition, no innovation, no breakthrough, nothing. They just know how to take advantage of a very profitable situation. Good of them! Bad for the hobby… you'll get it someday just try to keep up for now.

#110 10 years ago

It's literally 4 posts up.

Quoted from fryeguy7:

The most important thing no one is mentioning is that competition brings invention.

Quoted from jalpert:

I said COMPETITION drives innovation.

#120 10 years ago

HAHA. Good. As long as you agree with me.

Quoted from fryeguy7:

Sorry. Well I agree with you then

1 week later
#160 10 years ago

That's the issue. Hoping prices crash isn't wishing financial hardship on anyone. If the price of your pinball machine crashing leads to financial hardship, you are in this for all the wrong reasons. Bring on a crash, I want to play and own as many games as possible. I don't care if the value of my collection gets cut by 75%.

And $20K for a BBB is greed, not a whole bunch of people who can't afford it being jealous.

Quoted from ctozzi:

That's not cool man, to hope for a price crash for people who might have saved up for years to get their grail game and then it crashes on refakes. Instead You should be happy for anyone who has the game they took the time to buy and appreciate the effort it took them to get it. To wish financial hardship on a small community of collectors like us straight out isn't cool. If the game commands a 20K price tag and people pay it, then who cares it's not your problem. I personally don't try to look at games as investments, however nowadays you need to be careful as we all seem to have tons of cash " invested " into toys we collect. If they remake stuff great, if they don't, they don't. I highly doubt they will make BBB, but if they do I'd like the chance to own one too. I just don't see the need to throw crap in the current owners faces all the time on these forums. WOZ, XMEN, MET, MMr, CC, now this....Geez enough is enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.