Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 9 years ago

I would buy just so I could own two games everyone said would never be remade : )

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I would buy just so I could own two games everyone said would never be remade : )

Ya but (everyone) saying that is just wishful thinking! (Everyone) just needs to get there heads out of the sand, because it's going to happen. Ed

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Ya but (everyone) saying that is just wishful thinking! (Everyone) just needs to get there heads out of the sand, because it's going to happen. Ed

Only people who don't want this to happen are the ones who own them because if a remake is done their 20K BBB is not worth as much anymore. MMr hurts the value of my MM but I don't care and am glad it's being made.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Only people who don't want this to happen are the ones who own them because if a remake is done their 20K BBB is not worth as much anymore.

I'm sure it will always be worth more than $4501, so they have nothing to worry about

If anyone is paranoid about BBB's price plummeting, I've got a cool $8k for your machine right now!

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone is paranoid about BBB's price plummeting, I've got a cool $8k for your machine right now!

Rarehero, not to derail you but... Me Too!

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Rarehero, not to derail you but... Me Too!

We can share custody.

#307 9 years ago

Hey, there is money to be made. Don't think they're not brainstorming the issue. What games can we charge $8k for...BBB, MB, etc. What games can we get $6-7K for AFM, etc....Fun stuff happening this year...

#308 9 years ago

Of course BBB will be made again! Probably not in the next year or two, but it's going to happen... To think otherwise is being naive. Once the dust settles on the IPB bankruptcy and someone else procures the Capcom rights, do you honestly think they're just going to sit on those rights and not produce anything?-Especially when current BBB machines sell for $25K+. Those rights are worthless if they don't build more machines. What are they going to do, produce parts for the current 190 machines? There's no money in that.... As long as the demand is there for BBB, it will be remade. In the past the biggest roadblock was re-producing the Capcom boards, but now with emulation and Beagleboards the remake would be easier than ever to accomplish. Personally, I'd rather see Kingpin made first but I think BBB would be the better seller because it is a known commodity and the 190 current machines is just a drop in the bucket of what the overall demand for the machine would be. I bet they would sell 1000 machines in a matter of a couple of hours, similar to what happened with MMR last Fall.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

It appears BBB left TPF in the company of MMR. Makes you wonder.

BBB.jpg 189 KB

Intriguing!!

#310 9 years ago

I'm a buyer of mint HUO, low play BBB examples at $17,500 if anyone is getting scared! NIB I'll go $22k!

Its gonna get remade So be very afraid... BOO!

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm a buyer of mint HUO, low play BBB examples at $17,500 if anyone is getting scared! NIB I'll go $22k!

Of course you're a buyer right now at those prices Teekee. You'll flip those games way before the rights are sold/auctioned to Planetary or some other pinball manufacturer BBB is still a sellers market until that happens...

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

BBB is still a sellers market until that happens...

It will never happen... half you guys know this you just simply like to start crap. BBB owners are not worried.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It will never happen... half you guys know this you just simply like to start crap. BBB owners are not worried.

I'm not starting crap. I'm just being realistic.... I'll say it again, Capcom rights are worthless without the ability to produce new games. Do you think they'll really go unsold at Auction?

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Of course BBB will be made again! Probably not in the next year or two, but it's going to happen... To think otherwise is being naive. Once the dust settles on the IPB bankruptcy and someone else procures the Capcom rights, do you honestly think they're just going to sit on those rights and not produce anything?-Especially when current BBB machines sell for $25K+. Those rights are worthless if they don't build more machines. What are they going to do, produce parts for the current 190 machines? There's no money in that.... As long as the demand is there for BBB, it will be remade. In the past the biggest roadblock was re-producing the Capcom boards, but now with emulation and Beagleboards the remake would be easier than ever to accomplish. Personally, I'd rather see Kingpin made first but I think BBB would be the better seller because it is a known commodity and the 190 current machines is just a drop in the bucket of what the overall demand for the machine would be. I bet they would sell 1000 machines in a matter of a couple of hours, similar to what happened with MMR last Fall.

Well said.

I agree that they could sell 1000 BBBr's at $8k. BBB isn't as good as MM, but since there were so many more MMs made compared to BBB (only 190 as you state), the demand would easily be there for this title.

Like you, I'd prefer to see Kingpin first though.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not starting crap. I'm just being realistic.... I'll say it again, Capcom rights are worthless without the ability to produce new games. Do you think they'll really go unsold at Auction?

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well said.
I agree that they could sell 1000 BBBr's at $8k. BBB isn't as good as MM, but since there were so many more MMs made compared to BBB (only 190 as you state), the demand would easily be there for this title.
Like you, I'd prefer to see Kingpin first though.

I agree. I think out of all the pinball machines ever made, MM and BBB are the only two that would sell out 1000 machines instantly at $8K a pop. MM has better gameplay/rules, but BBB has the best artwork in modern pinball as well as a really cool theme with innovative lighting for its time. I don't think Kingpin is nearly as good of a total package as BBB and people weren't exactly lining up in droves to fax in their pre-orders to Gene.

#317 9 years ago

Kingpin theme does nothing for me. BBB would great next to Luci. Get on it PPS.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I don't think it's worth the footprint space. I think that's more valuable than any game to have, just to say.....HA!

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I will pay 17,600 and 22,100 respectively if anyone is selling.

#320 9 years ago

Sure you will.

#321 9 years ago

My guess is that PPS will take it, get the boards like the EL lamp board and motor board for the two aliens copied with a few changes that doesn't infringe copyright.

Then work at possibly getting Williams parts made/modified or just plain make some stronger coils/assemblies.
Does Gene own Capcom rights outright? Or is it on a lease like Williams was? If it is on lease, soon as that runs out or Gene sells the rights, which ever sooner, PPS will have ground work done to get the ball rolling.

Does Williams still have the rights to produce their version of BBB? That is the question!?

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

Bam!

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Maddog:

Let the speculation begin. lol

#324 9 years ago

OMG, two pins together owned by the same guy? Set the boards on fire with talk.

#325 9 years ago

When those two pins are a remake of one of the greatest and an original of one of the most wanted and in the hands of the one guy starting remakes it tends to make one wonder.
Certainly not your average coincidence though it could be.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 9 years ago

Pretty sure after MMr Rick can afford any damn game he pleases just for fun.

#327 9 years ago

what about the guy who owns pinball circus and 400 other games? Usually when someone is making a game, they usually own other games as well. Don't know any of the boutique run companies, that don't own any other machines besides the one they are making.

#328 9 years ago

Good point guess it want happen. Thanks

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm finding out about importing pinballs that may contain lead solder from international sources and already within European Union.
Also finding out about importing spare Circuit boards. Will post when know more.

Here is the reply

Dear David, thank you for your enquiry. 'Placing on the Market' happens when a product that has completed its manufacturing stage is made available for distribution and sale for the first time in the EU. It applies to individual products regardless of whether they are part of a wider product line or series. Products produced before 2006 can therefore only be sold if placed on the market before that time too. Spare parts for products placed on the EU market before July 2006 time do not have to be compliant with RoHS. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate in asking.

#332 9 years ago

At this point ,you may as well sell it for $100,000!

#333 9 years ago

I thought this sold at TPF for $17K.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Is this the same one? I wonder what happened. These asking price are insane on EBay.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I could be wrong but I think there was a reserve that was not met… I think it ended at $17,500. I believe there were some pretty hefty fees that went with it so it would have ended up being closer to $20k.

#336 9 years ago

Yeah, well a lot of the pins I thought were "sold" at the TPF auction have mysteriously been reacquired and put up on eBay by them again...

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from BooyaNY:

Yeah, well a lot of the pins I thought were "sold" at the TPF auction have mysteriously been reacquired and put up on eBay by them again...

And I thought those auction prices were high too. They weren't "deals" in my eyes, they were going for market value not counting the fees.

#338 9 years ago

The fact people are asking these silly prices does not mean the games are selling.If you want to see the real value of these games put them up no reserve.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The fact people are asking these silly prices does not mean the games are selling.If you want to see the real value of these games put them up no reserve.

The best way to see the value is to make about 1500 of them and sell them around 7-8k ; )

#340 9 years ago

I don't think they'd sell 1500 even at 7K. As others have said, the game is good, but not necessarily great. Most of the price is a result of the rarity and owning a bit of pinball history... the only machine IPB ever produced, and the whole crazy ride it took to get it done. Once you start cranking out the clones, sales will have to be made on the merits of the game itself, and frankly, AFM is a better game. Kingpin is likely better as well... from what I've played at CAX, it has a more interesting ruleset, and the Mark Ritchie ramps are sweet to shoot.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Kingpin is likely better as well... from what I've played at CAX, it has a more interesting ruleset, and the Mark Ritchie ramps are sweet to shoot.

I'd agree about KingPin. Plus, it's not finished yet so you can take what's there and run with it or even start over on rules and dots. It looks like it could be a really fun game. The real question is though:"Who owns Capcom Pinball right now?"

#342 9 years ago

What's not finished? At CAX, I played through all the modes, got to some explore the hotel mode, and was apparently one shot from the final multiball. Is that final mode not implemented?

I think this was the non-timed ruleset, although towards the end there were a few times I had to make a shot to stay alive, or the ball was over. It did the weakening flippers during this mode IIRC.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't think they'd sell 1500 even at 7K.

They would sell 1,000 at 7K in 3 hours.
...and I'd be 2nd in line...

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why? BBB is not even a top 30 pin. The only real appeal is its value and collectibility and that certainly wouldn't crossover to the remake. Makes no sense to remake it...

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Maybe to distributors, but not homes. Especially not right now, when you have big dollar NIB money going out in 6 different directions.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

BBB is not even a top 30 pin.

It is human nature to shower praise on things which you are smart enough to own and to show distain and dilike for those things which you did not or could not acquire. For this reason ratings for BBB are lower than they should be. Of course, I would be fine if BBB is never remade.

#347 9 years ago

If you play the game, you would agree it's not a top 30 playing game. Has nothing to do with jealousy, rarity or any of it. Just basic layout and rules. It's ok, but that top loop area isn't as smooth as it should be. And many things on it, just seem a little off, when it comes to angles and what not. If they would have had more time to test play it and tweek it, i'm sure it could have been better than it ended up being.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you play the game you would agree it's not a top 30 playing game.

Was that comment directed towards me? I have AFM and BBB directly opposite each other at one end of my pinball room. Looking in that direction I have to decide if I want to kill aliens or have a drink with them.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd agree about Kingpin. Plus, it's not finished

Yes it is. You need to play one where all the stuff is working.

LTG : )™

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you play the game, you would agree it's not a top 30 playing game. Has nothing to do with jealousy, rarity or any of it. Just basic layout and rules. It's ok, but that top loop area isn't as smooth as it should be. And many things on it, just seem a little off, when it comes to angles and what not. If they would have had more time to test play it and tweek it, i'm sure it could have been better than it ended up being.

I had one, it played fine. It wasn't the best game I ever played and it wasn't the worst. I really liked the way it looked more than how it played. It was fun and getting to the Wizard mode was pretty possible by mere mortals. I was pretty involved with keeping information flowing to the buyers about it while it was being made and I made a documentary about its production. I'd rather have a completed Kingpin or a more than completed Kingpin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.