Coyote Ugly1.jpg
heithkit fireball.gif
Heithkit Fireball Pinball.JPG
kingpin offer.jpg
024.JPG
023.JPG
download.jpg
image-779.jpg
There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Played BBB when I had no idea what they were selling for. Offered the guy $10k. He laughed and said he'd been offered $20! ....that was THEN....

Would love to see a large run of remakes just to all those who dare ask $20,000 for a pin can see a price crash.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Would love to see a large run of remakes just to all those who dare ask $20,000 for a pin can see a price crash.

Yep… just what I thought. Much of the calls for remakes stems from jealousy.

#153 10 years ago

a lot of truth to that statement^

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

a lot of truth to that statement^

Is it jealousy to want to own a cool game for a reasonable price? I'd say it's just a desire to be somewhat practical.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it jealousy to want to own a cool game for a reasonable price? I'd say it's just a desire to be somewhat practical.

You had your chance to get it in 2007 for $4500… not everyone gets to win.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yep… just what I thought. Much of the calls for remakes stems from jealousy.

Just like there a bunch of people who don't want them made to protect their 'investment'.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

That's not cool man, to hope for a price crash for people who might have saved up for years to get their grail game and then it crashes on refakes. Instead You should be happy for anyone who has the game they took the time to buy and appreciate the effort it took them to get it. To wish financial hardship on a small community of collectors like us straight out isn't cool. If the game commands a 20K price tag and people pay it, then who cares it's not your problem. I personally don't try to look at games as investments, however nowadays you need to be careful as we all seem to have tons of cash " invested " into toys we collect. If they remake stuff great, if they don't, they don't. I highly doubt they will make BBB, but if they do I'd like the chance to own one too. I just don't see the need to throw crap in the current owners faces all the time on these forums. WOZ, XMEN, MET, MMr, CC, now this....Geez enough is enough.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just like there a bunch of people who don't want them made to protect their 'investment'.

I don't blame them… many of them took a big risk and it paid off. Good for them! If you want one they are out there for sale… quit whining and get out your wallet like everyone else.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I don't blame them… many of them took a big risk and it paid off. Good for them! If you want one they are out there for sale… quit whining and get out your wallet like everyone else.

Who is whining?? Certainly not me. I love how BBB looks, but can't stand the gameplay. I wouldn't pay 2500 for one, much less 20k. Lots of whining on both sides here, and I don't care for any of it. People complaining about the price sound jealous, and those complaining about losing value sound like snobs.

#160 10 years ago

That's the issue. Hoping prices crash isn't wishing financial hardship on anyone. If the price of your pinball machine crashing leads to financial hardship, you are in this for all the wrong reasons. Bring on a crash, I want to play and own as many games as possible. I don't care if the value of my collection gets cut by 75%.

And $20K for a BBB is greed, not a whole bunch of people who can't afford it being jealous.

Quoted from ctozzi:

That's not cool man, to hope for a price crash for people who might have saved up for years to get their grail game and then it crashes on refakes. Instead You should be happy for anyone who has the game they took the time to buy and appreciate the effort it took them to get it. To wish financial hardship on a small community of collectors like us straight out isn't cool. If the game commands a 20K price tag and people pay it, then who cares it's not your problem. I personally don't try to look at games as investments, however nowadays you need to be careful as we all seem to have tons of cash " invested " into toys we collect. If they remake stuff great, if they don't, they don't. I highly doubt they will make BBB, but if they do I'd like the chance to own one too. I just don't see the need to throw crap in the current owners faces all the time on these forums. WOZ, XMEN, MET, MMr, CC, now this....Geez enough is enough.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

quit whining and get out your wallet like everyone else.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Who is whining?? Certainly not me.

That was a general statement not necessarily directed at you… they know who they are.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly!
Thus the need for the remake....

A remake would end up being twice the price of the first run. Thats close to $9,000....I'm out.

A remake between $4,000 and $6,000....I might be in.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

And $20K for a BBB is greed,

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

And $20K for a BBB is greed, not a whole bunch of people who can't afford it being jealous.

Wanting a pinball machine at all is "greed". Don't get it twisted, everyone is greedy based on there own self interest. Who gets to decide what amount of money is to "greedy" or to much? You do.

#165 10 years ago

Well whatever I said my 2 cents I'm out of this waste of a thread...on to something else with my time. I'll keep saving for a BBB and hopefully I can get one someday.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you read carefully, greg, Tony used the word "much", which doesn't mean "all".

From your posts, I know you like to argue, put a little spin on, so have at it.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

A remake would end up being twice the price of the first run. Thats close to $9,000....I'm out.

A remake between $4,000 and $6,000....I might be in.

The first BBB remake was $4500 back when Stern games were $3700, so You are not going to get BBB for $4000 10 years latter.

I imagine that a remake will run $8000 just like the MMr.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

the difference between you and me is my hobby is pinball and your hobby is money.

#169 10 years ago

Teekee- You seem to love the free market (so long as it fits into your neat, little box). Read: Teekee makes money. If the free market includes legitimately done remakes and squashes demand and therefore price of your machines, then that's somehow not the free market to you, just a bunch of whiners.

#170 10 years ago

Free Market At Work:

If there is a dime to make off a BBB remake - make it.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The first BBB remake was $4500 back when Stern games were $3700, so You are not going to get BBB for $4000 10 years latter.
I imagine that a remake will run $8000 just like the MMr.

Yep, I am aware, thats why I said I'm out unless its between 4 and 6k.

#172 10 years ago

Now that I've had a chance to play Big Bang Bar back to back with Kingpin I'm definitely in the "remake Kingpin instead" camp, if you're gonna remake a rare Capcom. BBB is neat, love the theme and presentation, but it just didn't grab me the way Kingpin did, which is a very cool game, and so much rarer that it's even more likely people won't get to play it.

#173 10 years ago

+1 on the Kingpin remake. I own an IPB BBB and was able to play one of the KP prototypes a few years after I received my BBB. While I wouldn't sell my BBB I would definitely be on the list for KP: it's a really neat game with interesting software.

#174 10 years ago

People like to talk about what there game is worth. There was a AFM in the area for sale at $13,000 no sale different seller started his at $8500 and still had to mark down to get the sale so quoting prices asked as value means shit.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yep, I am aware, thats why I said I'm out unless its between 4 and 6k.

Yeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr out !

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If there is a dime to make off a BBB remake - make it.

Due to Gene's current financial situation, the Capcom rights would probably go for a staggering seven figure amount at this point.

Next to that you're reproducing a game, unlike PMI, at rock bottom with NO inventory.

Even with a 100 run, you're looking at an additional six figures *before* assembly.

Watch the BBB documentary and listen to some of the 2004 prices Gene had to pay for small stuff.

Gene wanted $8K for KP, six years ago. To turn a profit today, you would have to sell the game for at least $10K ~ $12K.

You would also have to sell more than 200 of them. To sell it for $8K, you would have to sell MORE than that!

For a game that can be mastered in less than 15 minutes, I just don't see the demand, profit or time to remake something, mostly for notoriety, to a *handful* of collectors.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

How about loving to see a remake because you might actually want to own one?

In the perfect world, the remakes would be affordable to the people that want one, and the people that already own one don't lose too much money on what they paid for their originals.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

How about loving to see a remake because you might actually want to own one?
In the perfect world, the remakes would be affordable to the people that want one, and the people that already own one don't lose too much money on what they paid for their originals.

Most BBB owners paid a fraction of the price that they ask for. As for those who pay $15,000 to $20,000 it is hard to feel for them

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Due to Gene's current financial situation, the Capcom rights would probably go for a staggering seven figure amount at this point.
Next to that you're reproducing a game, unlike PMI, at rock bottom with NO inventory.
Even with a 100 run, you're looking at an addition six figures *before* assembly.
Watch the BBB documentary and listen to some of the 2004 prices Gene had to pay for small stuff.
Gene wanted $8K for KP, six years ago. To turn a profit today, you would have to sell the game for at least $10K ~ $12K.
You would also have to sell more than 200 of them. To sell it for $8K, you would have to sell MORE than that!
For a game that can be mastered in less than 15 minutes, I just don't see the demand, profit or time to remake something, mostly for notoriety, to a *handful* of collectors.

Remember, Gene is the master of telling you what he wants you to hear.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Remember, Gene is the master of telling you what he wants you to hear.

With chapter 11 given that the rights are worthless unless sold don't think bidders are going to pay retail

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You had your chance to get it in 2007 for $4500… not everyone gets to win.

The BBB pre-order was over in what '04 or '05? I wasn't in the hobby then - so no, I did not have a chance to get it. It's not about winning. It's about playing with a toy. It's not reasonable for most people to spend $20k on a toy.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

look forward not back

testify brother!

im really more interested in what spooky, jpop, heighway, skit b, proc, and especially the guy that's building wrath of Olympus and what pat lawlor is doing.very exciting times for pinball.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Most BBB owners paid a fraction of the price that they ask for. As for those who pay $15,000 to $20,000 it is hard to feel for them

That is straight up envy- I'm okay with not being able to afford one, as there are other things in life that beyond my reach also.

No, I don't own one. Again, if they do make another run, I hope the first 2 runs retain there value, and I am able to save up and buy a new one.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

That is straight up envy- I'm okay with not being able to afford one, as there are other things in life that beyond my reach also.
No, I don't own one. Again, if they do make another run, I hope the first 2 runs retain there value, and I am able to save up and buy a new one.

Not envy I played BBB the original and Kingpin at a house in mass some years back and nether game is worth the money

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

testify brother!
im really more interested in what Spooky, jpop, heighway, skit b, proc, and especially the guy that's building wrath of Olympus and what pat lawlor is doing.very exciting times for pinball.

Agreed with above.

Everybody will have one that wants one and can afford the remake, right? Awesome. Anyone guessing what their huo remake will be worth on the market when the dust settles, and when it comes time to sell? (I know, not a concern for those taking it to the grave.)

So a group of people spends big money into chasing remakes versus a new game from Somebody. Does Somebody go out of business, ending a line of new, creative, possibly the greatest pin to ever come out, pins?

Just questioning the whole remake thing. Would bet originals will always rule the day.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Agreed with above.
Everybody will have one that wants one and can afford the remake, right? Awesome. Anyone guessing what their huo remake will be worth on the market when the dust settles, and when it comes time to sell? (I know, not a concern for those taking it to the grave.)
So a group of people spends big money into chasing remakes versus a new game from Somebody. Does Somebody go out of business, ending a line of new, creative, possibly the greatest pin to ever come out, pins?
Just questioning the whole remake thing. Would bet originals will always rule the day.

why not let the market decide? MMRLE doesn't seem to be having trouble selling WAY more than 200 remakes of that game.

#187 10 years ago

You totally missed the point, pez. Not saying it's not selling. One Question was once everybody who can afford one, gets one, what will the value be of the huo remake?

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

LOL.

When licensing rights are sold under duress, they will fetch the least amount of money.

Capcom only produced 4 pinball machines and a couple of prototypes.

That is hardly a 7 figure legacy, especially when none of the games were hits (about 1000 each of the 4 games were made).

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Question was once everybody who can afford one, gets one, what will the value be of the huo remake?

Who cares?

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

LOL.
When licensing rights are sold under duress, they will fetch the least amount of money.
Capcom only produced 4 pinball machines and a couple of prototypes.
That is hardly a 7 figure legacy, especially when none of the games were hits (about 1000 each of the 4 games were made).

LOL!

Gene wouldn't be selling the licensing under his name.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Not saying it's not selling. Question was once everybody who can afford one, gets one, what will the value be of the huo remake?

who cares? people should buy pinball machines bacause they like them, not because they like their resale value.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

LOL!

you trying to convince us or yourself?

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

#194 10 years ago

You obviously don't know how bankruptcy works.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you trying to convince us or yourself?

Sadly, I'm a realist.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

You obviously don't know how bankruptcy works.

So please explain it to us all:

Is Gene going to be forced to sell the rights to the Capcom empire by a bankruptcy court?

Is he secretly going to sell the rights under a name other than his own?

How many possible buyers are lined up to buy the rights to a half dozen 20 year old commercially unpopular pinball machines?

If it is impossible to turn a profit by reissuing BBB, why would anyone pay "seven figures" for those rights?

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Is Gene going to be forced to sell the rights to the Capcom empire by a bankruptcy court?
How many possible buyers are lined up to buy the rights to a half dozen 20 year old commercially unpopular pinball machines?
If it is impossible to turn a profit by reissuing BBB, why would anyone pay "seven figures" for those rights?

He is not going to be able to answer any of those questions in any meaningful way.

Get ready for much dodging in 3...2....1.......

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Gene still answers his phone. Call and ask him. Things may have changed since the last time him and I talked.

Heck, just a few months ago he told Vid1900 "maybe" to a BBB remake. Now he's filing for bankruptcy.

Get ready for Vid1900 to deny that conversation in 3....2....1.......

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Now he's filing for bankruptcy.

Is Gene filing for bankruptcy or is he being forced into bankruptcy by creditors?

--

Please answer these questions for us all about bankruptcy:

Quoted from cichlid:

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Is Gene filing for bankruptcy or is he being forced into bankruptcy by creditors?
--
Please answer these questions for us all about bankruptcy:

PM me if you want Gene's number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-bbb-be-remade-again/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.