(Topic ID: 72572)

Will arcade cabs become the next pinball?

By Dommer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dantebean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tekken-466.JPG
    20130907_184543.jpg
    20130907_184430.jpg
    atomiswave.jpg
    image-334.jpg
    image-678.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I will agree on that, someday I would love to get a 720.

My favorite arcade game 720. Just completed mini restore. All new joystick parts and plays about as close to new as I have ever felt. This was one you can't replicate without the controller. Oh and it was lonely without Paperboy (waiting on grips).

image.jpgimage.jpg image-334.jpgimage-334.jpg image-678.jpgimage-678.jpg
    #49 10 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Again, almost nothing plays correctly/authentically on mame. Those who say otherwise simply do not know anything about the subject. And this is a pin forum, with guys that are likely to have mame cabs and zero dedicated classics.
    I understand. .

With a good mame controller and a proper setup I think there are 1000's of games that play fine in MAME. Carbon copy well it's the same code. I am playing on a true arcade monitor so they look the same and the sound is the same. Unless you are talking about unique games like Tron,720 ect I sort of disagree with you. Well at least for me they are the way I remember and having one machine playing multiple games well is priceless to me. I also have been using Mame and had a dedicated cabinet with a custom controller since the late nineties. Good enough for me and I understand vector games won't look the same,dragons lair does not have the digital points point bored but these changes really do not effect gameplay.

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

If I were going to ever buy two arcade games, these would be the two. Both are excellent. 720 is amazing, you can have games on it that last forever once you get good at it.

I want the world record but unfortunately it was done on the wacky code version. My goal is to get all golds on expert, have came very close already. Although I am a bit slower then I was young I can still whip it 1000 point landings pretty early on in the game.

How do I know about the wacky code issue my childhood arcade had this version and some of the manhole springs on the sidewalk would launch you way into the air allowing big points very early in game. This was later revised and my current has the new code.

Back on topic, sorry for thread jack I just thought since you were talking about odd controllers these two games were worth showing. My main concern with future of arcade game is monitors. Most are very old and they are stopping production on crts. Thankfully there are a ton out there so this may be many years down the road they sort of dry up. Cap kits will always be available it seems.

My next hunt a dedicated dragons lair (original cabinet) playing the multi laser emulator off a PC. I have little desire to use a laser disc at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-arcade-cabs-become-the-next-pinball?tu=starbase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.