(Topic ID: 72572)

Will arcade cabs become the next pinball?

By Dommer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dantebean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tekken-466.JPG
    20130907_184543.jpg
    20130907_184430.jpg
    atomiswave.jpg
    image-334.jpg
    image-678.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider castlesteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago

No, for the most part except for very unique machines like 720, Paperboy, Tron, etc that have unique / complex parts and expensive one-off boards.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Add me as another 720 fan! That and Toobin would be the 2 arcade games I would like to own.

I have a 720 that is going under restoration - for sale. Looking after Christmas when I finally get around to it

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

What work is there to do in Crescent City (I joke) I am a humboldt guy and cruise through Crescent twice at least every year.
    I understand that Mame cabs have a place, and have value.
    You can't play a vector game on there
    You can't play a medium resolution game on there
    You think it's the same code, but it isn't always, and the way it is displayed (even on an arcade monitor) without proper sounds, controls, angle of control panel (I could go on) It isn't the same.
    Now my buddy over in reno (member on here as well) bought like 15 different actual arcade control panels from parted games and did it that way. I imagine that would be a fun way to play some of these. (spy hunter, tron, etc.)

not necessarily true.

mame machines work perfectly if
    * you build a proper computer with lightweight OS
    * you have the right controls
    * you use an output of 15khz
    * you use a proper std res monitor
    * you know what you are doing with the mame settings

It takes years to get it right... but once it is, it's perfect for all games with standard controls --- up until about 2001 era machines. Midway games of 99 and newer still glitch unless you are running a power house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider castlesteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-arcade-cabs-become-the-next-pinball?tu=castlesteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.