(Topic ID: 72572)

Will arcade cabs become the next pinball?

By Dommer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dantebean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tekken-466.JPG
    20130907_184543.jpg
    20130907_184430.jpg
    atomiswave.jpg
    image-334.jpg
    image-678.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

MAME cabs are great. With an x arcade dual stick with trackball, a spinner and flight stick about the only games you can't do 100% are light gun games which do work good with a stick....especially considering at home you have unlimited continues. I have an 84 dynamo cab that has been rehabbed and converted to a mame cab with a 32" LCD. Works great and does everything I need it to and about 5,000 other things.

I also have and build virtual pins. I will say that a true pin is different than an virtual. Think of it as playing a video game representation of the best pins ever. While they are great fun and have unequaled versatility replicating a real pin exactly just can't happen without wood, steel, rubber and plastic. That being said for $2500-7,000 pending size and features you definitely get the most unique (and expandable) experience with a virtual and at a fraction of the cost.

#36 10 years ago

Exactly.. emulation is more for the folks without room and limited funds. If I was a millionaire and had a 2,000 foot finished basement it would be an arcade paradise, but since I'm not I'm satisfied with a pin or 2 a virtual pin and a Mame cab. No doubt the cool factor for dedicated cabs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bub2010.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-arcade-cabs-become-the-next-pinball?tu=bub2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.