• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-609.jpg
image-713.jpg
image-955.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Any secrets to big scores? I owned one up until two weeks ago and my best was like 3.5 million, I found the game tough to do well on.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

3.5 would be a good score, normal about 1 - 3 mil on mine and about 6 mil to get your name up. You have to fight the Road King and make as many shots as possible under the right ramp during 2 ball for high scores. Right outlane is a killer, gotta do some nudging. Mark Ritchie design, I like most all his games as much as his brothers.
Bob

That is pretty much how I played it. I tried to maximize my bonuses as well, love the four rollover locations, kinda like a modern Stern. I am a huge Mark Ritchie fan, although this one feels different than his other designs.

Bob (or someone else), would you be able to snap a quick pic of the flasher board under the playfield with the resistors on it for the left lightning bolt? I replaced the resistors with what I thought was correct values from the online manual, but it was a little hard to read. I know they tend to run hot, but these feel a lot hotter than the right lightning bolt.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Thanks robertmee, I just sent the info to ralphwiggum that he requested and discovered one of my ceramic resistors was broken in the same spot he mentioned.

Thanks again!

Seems pretty common for these resistors to get nice and toasty and work themselves from the board...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-anyone-admit-to-loving-road-kings?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.