(Topic ID: 63216)

Will acdc premium hold my interest for the long run in my collection?

By dannunz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Breadfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have played the game and like it. I'm not sure what I am doing when playing it on route. Does it have long term appeal?

#2 10 years ago

I see a lot of them for sale or trade recently.

#3 10 years ago

It's a great game, a lot of them have been sold because of this....people are selling now to get NIB Star Trek. There are enough out there, that if you sell now, it will be around down the road...unlike older pins

#4 10 years ago

Still love pressing the start button after 12 months

#5 10 years ago

Well, those for sale are asking about the same price or more of a NIB price. There's a significant demand for this pin. If there wasn't, it'd be a lot cheaper on the used market. That speaks heavily to the game, in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see the HUO price once the NIBs are all gone.

#6 10 years ago

Its a fun, fast game that may someday have a rule set. Perfect for those with ADD.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Well, those for sale are asking about the same price or more of a NIB price. There's a significant demand for this pin. If there wasn't, it'd be a lot cheaper on the used market. That speaks heavily to the game, in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see the HUO price once the NIBs are all gone.

OK but when will that be? Doesn't sterns plan on making these for a while?

#8 10 years ago

It never gets old and has nuance and depth in such a fresh non-linear game that I think you can play this game forever and always find new tricks, ways to play, ways to personally enjoy it. Just pure rockin' fun.

#9 10 years ago

Just like a car, a boat or a wife. Some people are happy with what they have and plan to hold on to it indefinitely.
Others lose interest when a newer more appealing car/boat/wife are about.

Your results may vary

#10 10 years ago

I sold my premium a couple months after buying it NIB. Personally I hated it and will never own another. ACDC was the most angering and frustrating game I have ever purchased.

#11 10 years ago

Good game and for a music pin, one of the best.

I'm in the market for a premium now !

#12 10 years ago

Definitely a great game and easily one of Stern's best.

#13 10 years ago

I enjoy the pro version, if you don't like acdc you won't enjoy it. I like that the game is frustratingly hard at times, yet can give you the best game the very next game.

#14 10 years ago

Had mine since April, easily the most played in my collection over that time. My college and high school kids love it and start their nights playing that game first. The outlanes are painful, there is one situation where the ball ricochet over to, and up the left flipper feed and circle around and go directly down the right outlane SO ANNOYING!! They are not my favorite band by any stretch but I've had ACDC in my music collection since the late 70's and seen them in concert. Listening to the music while playing gets the blood pumping.. so it's not going any where soon.

#15 10 years ago

Have it for like 10 months and enjoy it still. Must admit that at the moment MET pro is consuming a lot of my pinball time but that is just a phase. Acdc remains no. 1

Get it while you can !

#16 10 years ago

I've had it for 6 months now and I play it more than any other game. It's got a real addictive set of rules that keep you constantly thinking and trying out new approaches. So many different ways to play the game that I don't know how anyone could get sick of it.

Looking at your collection we have similar taste in pins (I've got a TZ too). Have a feeling you'll enjoy it unless you just hate the band.

#17 10 years ago

Short answer - yes.

#18 10 years ago

I've had my BIB for over a year now. It still makes me crazy,& IS the funnest game ever!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-acdc-premium-hold-my-interest-for-the-long-run-in-my-collection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.