(Topic ID: 35307)

Will a widebody fit in a 2008 Honda Fit?

By Dommer

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fit.jpg
    007.jpg

#1 11 years ago

I'm looking at a RS for sale within driving distance. My biggest hesitation is that it won't fit in my 2008 Honda Fit since it's a widebody (it's the older model than the new one, not sure if it's got different dimensions). Seems like i might be able to if i put it in sideways. Can you take the back box off entirely if need be? I thought i'd check if anyone has done this with success. I asked about this several months ago and got lots of good info but not a clear answer about transporting a wide body. Would also help a lot if I could get dimensions of a RS with back box folded down, minus the legs.
    here's a rough idea of the measurements. it has kinda a oblong hexigonal shape, which i tried to show the best i could:
    ______
    /____\
    \____/
    /\shaped like this kinda.
    bottom/top lip: 28"
    widest part in the middle: 41 1/2"
    height: 30 1/2"

Thanks ya'll!

#2 11 years ago

No Legs, Head Folded Down

Height :32", Width : 29", Length : 52"

I think if the head comes off you can fit it.

#3 11 years ago

The gentleman who delivered my TZ transported it in a Honda Fit. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. The game fit.

#4 11 years ago

The new Honda fits have a higher height than the old. I could no it a new Stern in my girlfriends fit (2008), but could fit it in a new fit.

#5 11 years ago

Proof! Not my pic or car, but the fact most pins fit with no issue is making me seriously consider a Fit as my next vehicle.

007.jpg007.jpg

#6 11 years ago

the above is the newer model style, 2009-current i think. the opening looks a lot taller, so a widebody could probably fit without issue. checked the dimensions on mine and don't think it would fit. also don't want to drive 2 hours + to find out the hard way. still love my fit though!

i'm probably going to get a pinbot instead. found one close by for a price i'm happy with.

#7 11 years ago

That is my car it is 2009.

Scott

#8 11 years ago

I've also moved TZ, JD, IJ, and Genie in it. And Genie is huge!

#9 11 years ago

I did not know you could put a Gottlieb in the newer fit.
    I have 2009 fit.

Fit.jpgFit.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-a-widebody-fit-in-a-2008-honda-fit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.