(Topic ID: 10150)

Will a pinball machine fit inside a Prius?

By pinb0t

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jfbenson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20120117_181435.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Answer: Yes. Believe it or not!

IMG_20120117_181435.jpgIMG_20120117_181435.jpg

#2 12 years ago

backglass off I take it?

#3 12 years ago

no freaking way! I can't get one in my Dodge Magnum. There's no way the head is still on that, though. is there?

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

Believe it or not!

I see what you did there.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

There's no way the head is still on that, though. is there?

Look closer.

#6 12 years ago

it appeared (past tense) to be sitting next to it but i couldn't tell for sure. small monitor and poor vision here.

Update your collection and remove TZ because we all know those two are the same game...

#9 12 years ago

taking the head off is cheating.

#10 12 years ago

You should definetly get extra Karma points for that.

#11 12 years ago

I sold a cabinet and backbox to a lady the other day. We put it in her Prius. I never would have guessed. I'd have bet against it for sure.

#12 12 years ago

I can fit a pinball in my scion XD (wagon, but not big by any means), though I have to take the head off as well (but the head can fit next to it, just have to move the front passenger seat up).

#13 12 years ago

That is impressive. I have said it before. We could use a sticky thread "Will it Fit"? Photos of pins in various cars.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Update your collection and remove TZ because we all know those two are the same game...

I don't get this comparison? I see a lot more Whirlwind or TAF in the layout. I guess it's like TZ because it has a lot of features on the PF. Still want a TZ anyway. I'm not really a 'collector' per say. I just like to own games until I master them, sell them and get something else. I play in a lot of tournaments and leagues so I like to know the ins and outs of games.

Quoted from coasterguy:

That is impressive. I have said it before. We could use a sticky thread "Will it Fit"? Photos of pins in various cars.

This is a good idea. I think one of the wiki sites was doing it but I haven't found it. This is a 2008 Gen II Prius BTW.

That will work for the older games but you would have to take the hinges off on a newer one. I like the way I did it because when you scoot the drivers seat back it holds the backbox nice and snug for the ride.

#15 12 years ago

Ive got a 2005 subaru Legacy and a 2003 subaru forester and a normal sized pin with head still attached fit in both =)

#16 12 years ago

i'm surprised you had to decapitate the pin for it to fit in the prius.
    do you know how much clearance you were missing?
    can't be that much...

#17 12 years ago

I have a Toyota Yaris 2-door. Going to have to give it a shot!

#18 12 years ago

I was happy I could fit a pin with a little room to spare in a Honda Fit. Someone managed to wedge a Battlezone upright(in a diagonal form) in their Fit.

#19 12 years ago

That cant have been easy...Impressive

#20 12 years ago

believe it not! now that is funny

#21 12 years ago

I finagled a Getaway playfield into my 2-door hardtop Wrangler. Back seats have to come out, passenger seat has to go all the way forward, and I slid it in diagonally on its side through the back and next to the passenger seat.

Probably couldn't do a full pin - just not enough depth in the back. Of course, being a Wrangler you could always take off the roof, but then there's the issue of it being -14 outside right now...

10 months later
    #22 11 years ago

I have a prius and I get all my machines in there with the head still attached.

Unscrew the back box hinges and carefully lower the backbox over the passenger side headrest.

Machine will fit comfortably in the car and all doors can be shut. There is about 3mm to spare

Picked up 3 machines this way including one I drove to West Germany for

David

#23 11 years ago

Why would anybody want a Prius?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

+1

#25 11 years ago

I fit 2, yes 2 pins in my Chevy HHR when I had it! And I did it twice! lol First time I put Cosmic Gunfight & GTB Amazing Spiderman (widebody). 2nd time I put a Solar Fire & Alien Star in there. I wish I had photos to prove it but I don't I do have witnesses though!

#26 11 years ago

I fit a Gottlieb Target Alpha in my '74 VW Super Beetle.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Boggles my mind as well but my employee has a blue one for himself and a red one for his wife. He filled the tank today when we went to lunch, $38 and will get 450 miles.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Boggles my mind as well but my employee has a blue one for himself and a red one for his wife. He filled the tank today when we went to lunch, $38 and will get 450 miles.

That isn't the entire picture - just 'cause he saves a little at the pump doesn't mean the Earth isn't paying for his selfishness!!!!

Not to mention they are a dangerous piece of crap to drive.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Earth isn't paying for his selfishness!!!!

Please do elaborate on that.

#30 11 years ago

I don't know enough about them, but is the $38 in fuel the total energy cost for those 450 miles or does it also need to be plugged into an electrical outlet? BTW, those free power outlets that COmpaNies have for employee electric cars as well as the ones at high-end hotels will soon be a pay-for "service". Especially if I buy a hybrid or electric vehicle.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Please do elaborate on that.

It is very well known that the energy required to produce the batteries for these things is HUGE - as is the disposal of said batteries at the end of life - which currently is running at about 6 years.

Owners of these piece of crap will be shocked to get a bill for several thousand dollars when they need a new battery!

A Prius is false economy!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

It is very well known that the energy required to produce the batteries for these things is HUGE - as is the disposal of said batteries at the end of life - which currently is running at about 6 years.

Owners of these piece of crap will be shocked to get a bill for several thousand dollars when they need a new battery!

Its a lease, he wont be paying for a new battery, and dont worry about battery disposal, Toyota made a large land purchase in the Outback and is just going to airdrop em there.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

but is the $38 in fuel the total energy cost for those 450 miles or does it also need to be plugged into an electrical outlet?

Its just a hybrid not an electric, gas it up and away you go.

#34 11 years ago

I'm amazed that ANY buyer would even remotely consider buying ANY Toyota product after they killed 56 (or was it more?) with their "unintended acceleration" manufacturing fault that they denied ever existed.

Even lying to the Govt and then copping the HUGE fine to just make it go away - what a bunch of criminals.

But go right ahead - support the criminals, buy their crap!

I'll spend my money with a more reputable company thanks.

#35 11 years ago

WOW - so nobody gives a stuff that Toyota can kill their customers and not think anything of it?

Keep buying this excellent product boys - how smart!

Give me Ford or GM anyday thanks.................Prius??? How DUMB are those buyers?

#36 11 years ago

Better question, can a Prius fit inside a pinball?

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

WOW - so nobody gives a stuff that Toyota can kill their customers and not think anything of it?

Keep buying this excellent product boys - how smart!

Feb 8 ,2011- Us Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood conducted an intensive 10 month study and declared there was no manufacture defect, unintended acceleration has been proven to be driver error mistaking the gas pedal for the brake pedal.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Feb 8 ,2011- Us Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood conducted an intensive 10 month study and declared there was no manufacture defect, unintended acceleration has been proven to be driver error mistaking the gas pedal for the brake pedal.

In 56 cases? Tells me it is a manufacturing defect regardless.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Tells me it is a manufacturing defect regardless.

Did you examine any of the cars that were in crashes or you just basing your highly educated guess off the nightly news?

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Did you examine any of the cars that were in crashes or you just basing your highly educated guess off the nightly news?

Common sense tells me that if 56 people mistook the accelerator for the brake pedal then that is certainly a design fault!

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Common sense tells me that if 56 people mistook the accelerator for the brake pedal then that is certainly a design fault!

56 fatalities from 9 million autos sold, thats 0.00001%. Id take my chances with that number any day. You go with your common sense and Ill stick with hard data.

#42 11 years ago

Wow, lots of hate for the prius. We have one but I never put a pin in it... yet. I have an '02 jetta wagon that fits pins in with the head.

David, I am not able to picture how you are placing your pin with the head still attached. Can you please explain or show a pic? Thanks.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Primarily because 50 mpg (combined) means 600 miles on a tank of gas. I thought they were small odd little cars until I realized they are as roomy as most midsize sedans with nearly 2x the gas mileage, at the same price.

#44 11 years ago

I KNEW IT! I was just saying in another thread where a guy was looking for a small car to haul pins that I think I could do it. WELL DONE.

Also, if you mistake the gas for the brake you are an idiot. Nuff said.

8 years later
    #45 3 years ago

I love how when I search Google for "can a pinball fit in a Prius?" I get to see pinside in all it's glory: clear pictures answering the question and the topic quickly devolving into anything but pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-a-pinball-machine-fit-inside-a-prius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.