Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 698 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will a looming recession impact your NIB pinball purchases?”

• Yes. I'm canceling or holding off on orders I would have made. 121 votes
      34%
    • No. Keep them coming! 117 votes
      33%
    • I couldn't afford the games before the recession. 121 votes
      34%

(359 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    loser.gif
    IMG_4146.gif
    IMG_0515 (resized).png
    241747A3-023C-47C0-9230-5ABF8E9D3DAB (resized).jpeg
    1C233C4C-5489-4531-A2B8-7BAE75E21E10 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-12-16 8.10.24 PM (resized).png
    IMG_6599.gif
    IMG_20231216_190741.gif
    ch (1) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 1 year ago

Any effect of a recession will be gone from the pinball community when Keith Elwin releases his next game. It's easy to hold onto your wallet when Toy Story 4 is the theme and the price is $12K for the cheapest model.

1 year later
    #569 4 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New record high for the DOW

Filled up my gas tank for $2.55/gallon at Costco last night. Now we just need to cross our fingers that there's no price increase on Jaws and that we get a jam packed game.

#576 4 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Lol, where are those facts from? Let's see some data.

Egg prices down 22.3% year over year according to BLS statistics.
    Food prices rose 2.9% between November 2022 and November 2023, according to the most recent consumer price index (CPI) report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. By comparison, at the same time in 2022 prices rose 10.6% over a one-year period.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/price-of-food

#616 4 months ago

Ahh yes, the good old days in 2020 when gas was dirt cheap and we had no where to drive. The days when you couldn't go to a restaurant, a concert or watch a sporting event. The days when your kids attended school via Zoom and you didn't get to see your friends or relatives in person for months on end. The times where you just wanted to die from boredom. Yes, please return to that time of cheap cheap gas. If you would have said 2019 levels I could understand that but I don't want gas to be as cheap as it was in 2020 ever again, because that just means that there is some really bad shit going on in the World again.
    ch (1) (resized).pngch (1) (resized).png

#637 4 months ago

Just yesterday the U.S just broke the record for highest annual oil production. Verifiable fact

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2023/12/15/us-producers-have-broken-the-annual-oil-production-record/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-a-looming-recession-impact-your-nib-pinball-purchases?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.