(Topic ID: 18484)

will a good window tint stop my pin from fading?

By TZBen

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Want to utilize some space that gets sunny in the afternoons, will window tint UV protected be enough to stop fading?

#2 12 years ago

yes, I did my game room 6 years ago and have zero fade on my Judge Dredd which is known to fade.....

#3 12 years ago

Yes!

#4 12 years ago

Yes, it will help but will not stop fading 100%. It will be a great reduction though!

#5 12 years ago

Cool more open wall space.

#6 12 years ago

How do you tint the windows in your game room? DIY or hire? How?

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Yes, it will help but will not stop fading 100%. It will be a great reduction though!

DITO, the real good stuff is great.

#8 12 years ago

Hire it out.

#9 12 years ago

Before I got new double pane windows installed back in 2010, I used the Gila privacy/energy saving film for my old 70's windows and it did a pretty good job reflecting heat and blocking UV rays during the hot summer months.
    (It was super easy to install too...)
    Definitely recommended for older single pane windows; they have a variety of finishes to choose from as well. If you have the newer double or triple pane windows, you already have pretty good UV protection so I'd just add some thermal curtains and call it a day.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

If you have the newer double or triple pane windows, you already have pretty good UV protection so I'd just add some thermal curtains and call it a day

My house was built in 2001 so I would assume I'd be ok then. Thanks

#11 12 years ago

I have no choice but to put my pins near windows, so I installed window tint. It's real easy to do, FYI.

10 years later
    #12 1 year ago

On this topic, I just bought some Green Film for a room in the back of the house that has several windows (after moving my pins up from the basement)....

https://greenfilmusa.com/products/g-cling-70-static-cling-window-tint?pr_prod_strat=use_description&pr_rec_id=ea2e1ada3&pr_rec_pid=6835604750494&pr_ref_pid=6910093787294&pr_seq=uniform

Got it on Amazon - was easy to install and is removable...says it blocks 99% of UV and 85% of IR...has 73% light transparency.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.