(Topic ID: 147970)

Will 8 New Pins Come Out 1st Half of 2016?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am almost starting to think TBL is vaporware. I used to follow it back in 2014, and I can't remember the last time there was a SERIOUS update towards its production.

Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't give you the right to invent your own facts. There have been plenty of updates throughout 2015, including reasons for the delays. Production samples were tested at the DPO & a new board had just been shown that solves issues they had with the samples. It will be shipping soon.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why anyone still has their money locked up with Dutch is beyond me.

You sure yap your flap a lot for someone who doesn't contribute anything financially to pinball. You have no stake yet you're constantly posting the same old shit-stirring stuff with this sense of entitlement and superiority. You know nothing about this industry or how it works. The fact that you even considered putting money in on Jpop and working for him speaks volumes - and you have the audacity to question how anyone else spends their money on pinball?

In regards to Dutch Pinball - perhaps you've forgotten about BOP 2.0 - a beautiful licensed product the changed an old game into a modern one more impressive than new Sterns. It shipped. It exists. I have it and play it a lot! You forget that people around the world have played the Lebowski Protos and Samples. What they've accomplished doesn't show you they're the real deal? WTF do you want them to do? You couldn't dream to accomplish what they have in the pinball world.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why are you being so mean and nasty? Why are you personally attacking me? I started a thread and everyone is having a mature discussion. And I agreed with what you said and then you fly off the handle on me? What gives?

You personally attacked the hundreds of
people who have pre-paid for
the Big Lebowski with nothing to back up your venom against Dutch other than your own impatience.

Quoted from kaneda:

And I stand behind my statement that locking money into Dutch was inane. Why? Because what's the point? They are going to make as many TBL's as people order. It's not limited.

It's not inane or insane. Again - they've proven they can make, license and ship a killer pinball product. BOP 2.0. They've shown the Protos and Samples. Roger Shrpe is behind it. It's not insane. Jpop was always insane. TBL has always been real. I paid for it a while ago and got
It at a lower price with rug and chrome included. Why would I pull my money out? I'd get it later, with less stuff and for more money. That would be insane at this point. It's right around the corner.

Quoted from kaneda:

In the future, please do not personally insult people who are stating an opinion. It just makes you seem small and juvenile.

Project much? I'm just calling you out on your narcissism and know-nothing bravado. Words have meaning. Opinions without facts to back them up are nothing
but bluster, and in this case an insult. You fired the first shot.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Happy you're happy with your TBL deposit. My opinion is locking money up on a machine for years isn't worth it. Save money? How much in total are you going to save on that Lebowski?

I want a Lebowski pinball. Why does it matter to you whether I buy it now or later? I like Dutch and I love BOP 2.0. I'm saving $1000 and get extra shit and the game sooner.

Quoted from kaneda:

Why are you so upset? Seriously

Why are you insulting those who bought a Lebowski? Seriously?

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I had fun playing P3 at Expo but have to say the art on Lexi Lightspeed was a real issue for me. That thing is not cheap and I think they really should have invested in a licensed theme to get people into the platform.

The art kills it...people are buying a game, not a platform. Even though he P3 is an amazing platform, it's going to be a tough sell as a "console with a pack-in game" when no one knows what future "software" will be.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

A remake announced vs when it will ship are not the same thing. I'm counting physical machines that will be going into homes in the first half of 2016. Personally I think revealing a pin months/years ahead of availability isn't the way to go anymore unless you need pre-order money to survive / get started.

PPS isn't doing pre-orders anymore. They said when the next game is announced - it will be ready to ship. I'm sure there will still be the usual manufacturing delays - but nothing like MMR.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

When LCD/HD screens get integrated properly, I really think DMD games are going to look as old now as EM games look to us. I'm not positive about this, but I feel like a big step forward is going to happen soon that just makes all DMD's lose value.

No it won't. Those games are still proven to be the "best of the best" - it's the era of pinball that most people interested in pinball love the most. The new games won't be that different due to their displays. The DMD era still has music, voice, light shows, ramps, toys - unless the new era innovates more on the playfield, only the color display will define it. The DMD era brought more than a display. The games themselves were just so much more advanced and entertaining than what came before it. At the end of the day, the games themselves make the game. Revenge From Mars makes my DMD games look outdated - but is only worth a fraction of what most DMDs cost. There won't be enough "next gen pins" to obliterate demand for the great DMD games.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with you Kaneda, what they will be able to do with the "next gen" technology such as Spike, not just the LCD, will make the older DMD's less desirable over time.
Same thing happened with EM's.
It's just a matter of time, an evolution, may take a decade or it may be shorter or longer, who knows, but I'm looking forward to what's coming down the road for pinball.
For me anyhow, it will be out with the old and in with the new!

Do EMs feel/play/sound anything like the DMD era games? Not at all. No music, voices, light shows, ramps, toys, or complex rules. How does the "Color display" generation of games differ besides the display? So far, not at all. The display doesn't define a game. No display will make pinball lovers decide the "DMD era" games aren't fun anymore.

Quoted from iceman44:

No need to get all touchy on TBL Greg, you were slinging your share of "insults" during the pre Woz delivery days and of course with Jpop. What does it matter anyhow?

False equivalency. Jpop never had a plan from day one - and I was vocal about it. Turns out I was right. It never made financial sense, there was no manufacture plan. Nothing about Dutch is remotely like Jpop. They've proven they can code and ship a professional and complex product. They've proven they can build playable Protos and samples. They've proven they have a manufacturing facility. I get that people are frustrated with the delays - but unless you have any logic or proof that they can't pull thru this last stretch, any accusations or insults are unwarranted.

And what did I say about WOZ? Other than not digging it and cancelling my order - it seemed pretty clear that JJP always had a business plan and a factory.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Pat lawlors game well sell like crazy. It's pat lawlor, an original theme, LCD platform. It's going the be the game changer.

I hope it's awesome, but "Pat Lawlor" doesn't mean anything to the casual pinball player/buyer - and neither do original themes. It prob won't sell well initially - but if word of mouth is stellar - it can pick up steam over time. Hopefully it'll end up being a good "catalog title" for JJP - a game they can always produce since they're not tied to a limited license agreement.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Time will tell my friend. And it's not only about the games making the games. Then why does a LOTR sell for less than a WOZ? Not even close as to which is a better game.

It's somewhat relative to what the game initially cost, plus the fact that LOTR is out of production. Most people bought LOTR for $3200-$3600 NIB....or around the same or less used for a while. Now, it's selling for about $2000+ than what it was originally. That's pretty impressive. WOZ, while $6500 initially - is still available NIB for $8000-9500, so - there's no reason anyone would have to sell a used for for super low. Anything slightly below NIB would be enticing at the moment for possible buyers. So - while WOZ is still more expensive than LOTR, it hasn't gained value...LOTR has - a testament to the GAME itself.

Quoted from kaneda:

Dude, CHILL-Ax!

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Was LOTR really that cheap NIB? If so...WOW...we are getting fleeced nowadays.

Yup. NIB Sterns were in the mid $3k's (give or take based on your distributor) until the new investors came in and the Pro/LE/Prem split became the norm. Then the prices kept climbing with each new release (The LE's getting the highest increase). The first "Different LE", Avatar...I believe was just about $5k. TFLE was around $5300...then came the Premium with AC/DC, which sorta took over the LE price at ~$5500 and the LE jumped to $6600....and it kept going. What are people spending on GOTLE? $7800?

Yikes.

However, it has allowed them to grow as a company, explore R&D to advance their hardware, get a new factory, and employ tons of designers & programmers who might not be working in pinball otherwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-7-new-pins-come-out-1st-half-of-2016?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.