(Topic ID: 147970)

Will 8 New Pins Come Out 1st Half of 2016?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You forget that people around the world have played the Lebowski Protos and Samples. What they've accomplished doesn't show you they're the real deal?

When they actually start shipping in numbers then I'd say they are the "real deal". What they have done thus far is impressive in a lot of ways. In others, not so much.

No need to get all touchy on TBL Greg, you were slinging your share of "insults" during the pre Woz delivery days and of course with Jpop. What does it matter anyhow?

#86 8 years ago

I agree with you Kaneda, what they will be able to do with the "next gen" technology such as Spike, not just the LCD, will make the older DMD's less desirable over time.

Same thing happened with EM's.

It's just a matter of time, an evolution, may take a decade or it may be shorter or longer, who knows, but I'm looking forward to what's coming down the road for pinball.

For me anyhow, it will be out with the old and in with the new!

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing about Dutch is remotely like Jpop.

Excuse me? Unless the comments by Phil were outrageously untrue then it appeared that funds from TBL deposits were being used to get BOP 2.0 out the door after HUGE delays, amongst other accounting issue that Phil didn't like. Hence, exit stage left.

Money seemed to be a major issue then. Like I said, we will see what happens when they actually start shipping in bulk. I hope they do, but lets not pretend everything has been hunky dory with them.

There will be many other advancements coming soon other than the LCD, phone interaction, additional code service packs to unlock, web group play, etc....

Jpop had a plan from day one, he ended up being incompetent and unable to finish it. He definitely had a plan that plenty of people bought into. In the end you were obnoxiously correct.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No display will make pinball lovers decide the "DMD era" games aren't fun anymore.

"Less desirable". Still fun to play.

And I'll throw in all the licensing mishaps from day one to today with the crappy music files.

The communication sucks and they don't seem to be able to get their shit straight. It appears, they lack any kind of business acumen at this point. Let's see if that changes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-7-new-pins-come-out-1st-half-of-2016?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.