(Topic ID: 147970)

Will 8 New Pins Come Out 1st Half of 2016?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Gratz on the short walking commute! I have one as well and bike whenever I can (weather permitting)!
But what's the point of having a HELLCAT (which I would love to own but don't have the garage space (or $$$)) if you are in the middle of the city?
Are you even able to get out of third gear?
I've only been to NYC about a 4 times in the past 10 years but each time the traffic seems worse. Living in Seattle or Chicago practically the only thing my car was good for was Costco and Trader Joe's runs.

I don't drive it to get to places in NYC, I drive it OUT of the city. The roads leading out of the city are amazing and I have friends and family all over NY, Connecticut, Massachusetts. Also, if I do go city driving, I'll wake up at 7am on a Saturday and just fly around the city. Not crazy fast, but enough to stretch her legs. But I normally just fly up the Merritt Parkway.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No it won't. Those games are still proven to be the "best of the best" - it's the era of pinball that most people interested in pinball love the most. The new games won't be that different due to their displays. The DMD era still has music, voice, light shows, ramps, toys - unless the new era innovates more on the playfield, only the color display will define it. The DMD era brought more than a display. The games themselves were just so much more advanced and entertaining than what came before it. At the end of the day, the games themselves make the game. Revenge From Mars makes my DMD games look outdated - but is only worth a fraction of what most DMDs cost. There won't be enough "next gen pins" to obliterate demand for the great DMD games.

Dude, CHILL-Ax! Time will tell my friend. And it's not only about the games making the games. Then why does a LOTR sell for less than a WOZ? Not even close as to which is a better game.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Time will tell my friend. And it's not only about the games making the games. Then why does a LOTR sell for less than a WOZ? Not even close as to which is a better game.

It's somewhat relative to what the game initially cost, plus the fact that LOTR is out of production. Most people bought LOTR for $3200-$3600 NIB....or around the same or less used for a while. Now, it's selling for about $2000+ than what it was originally. That's pretty impressive. WOZ, while $6500 initially - is still available NIB for $8000-9500, so - there's no reason anyone would have to sell a used for for super low. Anything slightly below NIB would be enticing at the moment for possible buyers. So - while WOZ is still more expensive than LOTR, it hasn't gained value...LOTR has - a testament to the GAME itself.

Quoted from kaneda:

Dude, CHILL-Ax!

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's somewhat relative to what the game initially cost, plus the fact that LOTR is out of production. Most people bought LOTR for $3200-$3600 NIB....or around the same or less used for a while. Now, it's selling for about $2000+ than what it was originally. That's pretty impressive. WOZ, while $6500 initially - is still available NIB for $8000-9500, so - there's no reason anyone would have to sell a used for for super low. Anything slightly below NIB would be enticing at the moment for possible buyers. So - while WOZ is still more expensive than LOTR, it hasn't gained value...LOTR has - a testament to the GAME itself.

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

Was LOTR really that cheap NIB? If so...WOW...we are getting fleeced nowadays.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Was LOTR really that cheap NIB? If so...WOW...we are getting fleeced nowadays.

Yup. NIB Sterns were in the mid $3k's (give or take based on your distributor) until the new investors came in and the Pro/LE/Prem split became the norm. Then the prices kept climbing with each new release (The LE's getting the highest increase). The first "Different LE", Avatar...I believe was just about $5k. TFLE was around $5300...then came the Premium with AC/DC, which sorta took over the LE price at ~$5500 and the LE jumped to $6600....and it kept going. What are people spending on GOTLE? $7800?

Yikes.

However, it has allowed them to grow as a company, explore R&D to advance their hardware, get a new factory, and employ tons of designers & programmers who might not be working in pinball otherwise.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Then why does a LOTR sell for less than a WOZ? Not even close as to which is a better game.

You're open to your opinion, however if you're thinking LOTR is a far better game than WOZ, I challenge you to get deep into WOZ's ruleset and really learn what's going on with it. Personally I find LOTR to be grindy and boring, while WOZ has more traditional challenge along with its depth, which allows it to be more unique and interesting.

I do think LOTR's ruleset is cool, and getting to Valinor is a great quest, however it tends to play really long and not have much strategy variation each time, something that can hold back its value for many higher level players. Also War of the Ents with the constant looping of the Path of the Dead (and really just the POTD in general) is soooo boring, but is of such high value that I've gotta do it every game if I want to make good progress.

#107 8 years ago

LOTR definitely got to feeling like a grind. Really every pinball machine is a grind - there are only so many shots in any game, no matter the # of flippers or layout. It's about how fun the grind is made, or how little grind it feels. LOTR became a grind after the second time I made it to Destroy the Ring and got cheated by the magnet. I thought I might want one but I'm glad I had the time with it that I did. Would I have one again? Possibly, but not very long I wouldn't think.

1 week later
#108 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

And 15 days from knowing everything about GB

2 more days and "Who are you gonna call?"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC
Shooter rods
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-7-new-pins-come-out-1st-half-of-2016/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.