(Topic ID: 147970)

Will 8 New Pins Come Out 1st Half of 2016?

By kaneda

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7acaa93144ac46397bba04928b93b556_(resized).png

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I want a Lebowski pinball. Why does it matter to you whether I buy it now or later? I like Dutch and I love BOP 2.0. I'm saving $1000 and get extra shit and the game sooner.

Why are you insulting those who bought a Lebowski? Seriously?

So Lebwoski is $1,000 more than the pre-order price. Good deal. Hope you get it soon. I've always loved TBL since I played it at Modern like a year ago. Be positive bro. This is just pinball. You shouldn't get so wound up by any post. For real.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Your apartment fits exactly one pin. Who you kidding?

I'm working on another location to put games. We'll see

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Modern Pinball?

I'm on fire tonight...

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm working on another location to put games.

Where?

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Thunderbirds are go ?

Why yes, yes they are!

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Probably trying to convince the girlfriend to get into pinball.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Instead I put 30K into the Hellcat.

no one said he was smart!

#59 3 years ago

To each his own, but if I had the cash to burn on an expensive car that I had to park 15 minutes from where I live, I would bail on cramped apartment living and get the hell out of Dodge.

#60 3 years ago

Oh yeah, Lexy Lightspeed will likely be out in 2016. Excited for that!

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Kaneda is Pinside's version of a stock market analyst: LOTS of discussion but not much in terms of "chips in".

Quoted from NPO:

It is what it is based on topic history as well as posts based on in-home purchases. He generates a LOT of discussion with minimal investment in hardware at home (based on what I've seen).

Based on in-home purchases, and minimal hardware investment, this is exactly true of someone else that chronically posts on Pinside. And yet, this other person's opinions & comments are never questioned and he is worshiped as if he were the Pinside God.

Even though I disagree with many of Kaneda's follow up comments, his topic here is appropriate and some of you need to open your eyes.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Pat Lawlers game and hopefully Pinball Circuis.

I'll bet a lot of money that pat lawlor a game doesn't begin shipping production units until 2017 or after. More likely after 2018. JJP just can't get it together.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll bet a lot of money that pat lawlor a game doesn't begin shipping production units until 2017 or after. More likely after 2018. JJP just can't get it together.

I feel the same with JJP, with no hobbits coming off the line this will only further delay Pat's game.

GB and RZ will start shipping in Q1
TH will ship in Q2, small run complete by end Q1
TAG will start shipping in Q2, surprising almost everyone.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

oldskool1969 said:

Thunderbirds are go ?

Why yes, yes they are!

I just discovered Stingray on Hulu and noticed this was recommended as well. Watching stingray I could easily imagine a pinball machine, I would imagine the same is true for this show. Great stuff. countdown will complete in 3 marine minutes..... lol love that stuff.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

TAG will start shipping in Q2, surprising almost everyone.

TAG? Not sure if it's a typo or something I'm not familiar with.

#66 3 years ago

Also, I would like add speculation that there will be even more speculation than 'actual' anything. However I don't base this on any fact or expertise. I just have a feeling that I'm absolutely certain of it, probably. If I'm wrong, its probably because of something I hadn't speculated would prevent me from speculating that would have happened.

If only there was a fly swatter or spatula icon to the right used to slap these things down. I blame the TeeVee and its venarial infestation of pundants on the newsfotainment channels. Happy New Years! Now get off my lawn....

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

TAG? Not sure if it's a typo or something I'm not familiar with.

TAG - Thunderbirds are Go!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

TAG - Thunderbirds are Go!

TBAG I like to say this as Mike hates it

#69 3 years ago

Whatever pins are coming in 2016, happy new year for all, pinball fellows and pinball manufacturers.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To each his own, but if I had the cash to burn on an expensive car that I had to park 15 minutes from where I live, I would bail on cramped apartment living and get the hell out of Dodge.

I found the sweetest parking spot for $200 a month. In NYC, being 15 minutes away from something is a blessing, not a curse. And I don't live in a cramped apartment. Oh and Parking on my block is $600 a month. That's a Stern LE a year just to have an attendant f*** your car up.

Also, I'm a 15 minute walk to work. Which I love. Many of my co-workers spend hours each day commuting. I'm home in 15 minutes flipping away. City living isn't for everyone but I love it. And I bought my place years ago so my cost of living is nothing. Able to save around 8K a month. No way I would trade that to go live in the suburbs and spend a ton on taxes for a school system I wouldn't even be using. No thanks.

#71 3 years ago

"Based on in-home purchases, and minimal hardware investment, this is exactly true of someone else that chronically posts on Pinside. And yet, this other person's opinions & comments are never questioned and he is worshiped as if he were the Pinside God.
Even though I disagree with many of Kaneda's follow up comments, his topic here is appropriate and some of you need to open your eyes."

I couldn't agree more!!

It's like the twilight zone here sometimes. Actually, most of the time.

#72 3 years ago

Speaking of the Twilight Zone, what's with all the posts saying that Pat Lawlors pin for JJP will be available this year? Are you people insane?

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Speaking of the Twilight Zone, what's with all the posts saying that Pat Lawlors pin for JJP will be available this year? Are you people insane?

JJP faithful are funny, aren't they? How anyone can believe a JJP ship date is beyond me. Pat's game will ship with no pre-order model. I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it. Super curious to see how an original theme plays amidst a world of Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Alien, etc. Gonna be a tough sell unless it brings some epic innovation / fun to the table. We shall see.

#74 3 years ago

Added P3 into the mix. They said they are in the final stretches. Hard to tell in the pinball world what "final stretches" equates to. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say within 6 months.

I had fun playing P3 at Expo but have to say the art on Lexi Lightspeed was a real issue for me. That thing is not cheap and I think they really should have invested in a licensed theme to get people into the platform.

#75 3 years ago

You can throw in the next remake which is supposed to be ready and announced at tpf. I don't know if 2016 will be any different than 2015. Stern will produce a handfull of hit and miss pins. Competition will struggle with delays and just keeping up with preorders if anything is produced. I don't know if any are a direct threat to Stern yet. How many guys preordered, got sick of waiting, cancelled, and bought a Stern?

#76 3 years ago

Don't see Pinball Circus coming - as a production model - for at least a couple years. Why? The main prototype is pretty much done and has lots of reworking to be done, serious reworking. Then the first 12 prototypes. Then the work to see if production is feasible. It's a really cool game, cool idea, and lots of neat stuff going on, but I still think it will have limited release.

On a separate note related to this thread - the difference between a personal attack and not one is attacking just one person. Kaneda saying he doesn't understand so many people putting money into DP right now isn't personally attacking each and every one of those people. Yes, DP did get BOP 2.0 licensed and done. But to say that putting together a mod kit with a few components and a really sweet software upgrade that completely changes an existing table is practically in a different universe from building a game from the ground up then getting it to full production. That would be like saying that a mod shop could just start producing automobiles because they do great restores/mods.

I'm betting closer to 5 new pins and also betting there will be slow downs. Even 5 new games will be pressing an already seemingly tight market. Machines just don't 'seem' to be moving as quickly as they were 1 or 2 years ago.

#77 3 years ago

Any idea what the next PPS / CGC remake will be? What does the rumor mill say?

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I had fun playing P3 at Expo but have to say the art on Lexi Lightspeed was a real issue for me. That thing is not cheap and I think they really should have invested in a licensed theme to get people into the platform.

The art kills it...people are buying a game, not a platform. Even though he P3 is an amazing platform, it's going to be a tough sell as a "console with a pack-in game" when no one knows what future "software" will be.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You can throw in the next remake which is supposed to be ready and announced at tpf. I don't know if 2016 will be any different than 2015. Stern will produce a handfull of hit and miss pins. Competition will struggle with delays and just keeping up with preorders if anything is produced. I don't know if any are a direct threat to Stern yet. How many guys preordered, got sick of waiting, cancelled, and bought a Stern?

A remake announced vs when it will ship are not the same thing. I'm counting physical machines that will be going into homes in the first half of 2016. Personally I think revealing a pin months/years ahead of availability isn't the way to go anymore unless you need pre-order money to survive / get started.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The art kills it...people are buying a game, not a platform. Even though he P3 is an amazing platform, it's going to be a tough sell as a "console with a pack-in game" when no one knows what future "software" will be.

Yeah it's kind of strange when you think about it. They went super innovative with the technology / platform, yet wrapped it in an unappealing package. Something about that art just makes me NOT want to own it, ever.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Any idea what the next PPS / CGC remake will be? What does the rumor mill say?

Rumors are Attack from Mars and Cactus Canyon.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Don't see Pinball Circus coming - as a production model - for at least a couple years. Why? The main prototype is pretty much done and has lots of reworking to be done, serious reworking. Then the first 12 prototypes. Then the work to see if production is feasible. It's a really cool game, cool idea, and lots of neat stuff going on, but I still think it will have limited release.
On a separate note related to this thread - the difference between a personal attack and not one is attacking just one person. Kaneda saying he doesn't understand so many people putting money into DP right now isn't personally attacking each and every one of those people. Yes, DP did get BOP 2.0 licensed and done. But to say that putting together a mod kit with a few components and a really sweet software upgrade that completely changes an existing table is practically in a different universe from building a game from the ground up then getting it to full production. That would be like saying that a mod shop could just start producing automobiles because they do great restores/mods.
I'm betting closer to 5 new pins and also betting there will be slow downs. Even 5 new games will be pressing an already seemingly tight market. Machines just don't 'seem' to be moving as quickly as they were 1 or 2 years ago.

That's sort of the point I'm making. Pinball bas been a pretty sound investment over the past few years. But how will that change when so many NIB titles hit the marketplace? It's not really the volume per se that's going to hurt prices, it's the innovation. When LCD/HD screens get integrated properly, I really think DMD games are going to look as old now as EM games look to us. I'm not positive about this, but I feel like a big step forward is going to happen soon that just makes all DMD's lose value.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

A remake announced vs when it will ship are not the same thing. I'm counting physical machines that will be going into homes in the first half of 2016. Personally I think revealing a pin months/years ahead of availability isn't the way to go anymore unless you need pre-order money to survive / get started.

PPS isn't doing pre-orders anymore. They said when the next game is announced - it will be ready to ship. I'm sure there will still be the usual manufacturing delays - but nothing like MMR.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

When LCD/HD screens get integrated properly, I really think DMD games are going to look as old now as EM games look to us. I'm not positive about this, but I feel like a big step forward is going to happen soon that just makes all DMD's lose value.

No it won't. Those games are still proven to be the "best of the best" - it's the era of pinball that most people interested in pinball love the most. The new games won't be that different due to their displays. The DMD era still has music, voice, light shows, ramps, toys - unless the new era innovates more on the playfield, only the color display will define it. The DMD era brought more than a display. The games themselves were just so much more advanced and entertaining than what came before it. At the end of the day, the games themselves make the game. Revenge From Mars makes my DMD games look outdated - but is only worth a fraction of what most DMDs cost. There won't be enough "next gen pins" to obliterate demand for the great DMD games.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You forget that people around the world have played the Lebowski Protos and Samples. What they've accomplished doesn't show you they're the real deal?

When they actually start shipping in numbers then I'd say they are the "real deal". What they have done thus far is impressive in a lot of ways. In others, not so much.

No need to get all touchy on TBL Greg, you were slinging your share of "insults" during the pre Woz delivery days and of course with Jpop. What does it matter anyhow?

#86 3 years ago

I agree with you Kaneda, what they will be able to do with the "next gen" technology such as Spike, not just the LCD, will make the older DMD's less desirable over time.

Same thing happened with EM's.

It's just a matter of time, an evolution, may take a decade or it may be shorter or longer, who knows, but I'm looking forward to what's coming down the road for pinball.

For me anyhow, it will be out with the old and in with the new!

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So Lebwoski is $1,000 more than the pre-order price.

$1,500 assuming CoinTaker's $10K price includes chrome package & rug and shipping is extra (as with pre-orders).

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with you Kaneda, what they will be able to do with the "next gen" technology such as Spike, not just the LCD, will make the older DMD's less desirable over time.
Same thing happened with EM's.
It's just a matter of time, an evolution, may take a decade or it may be shorter or longer, who knows, but I'm looking forward to what's coming down the road for pinball.
For me anyhow, it will be out with the old and in with the new!

Do EMs feel/play/sound anything like the DMD era games? Not at all. No music, voices, light shows, ramps, toys, or complex rules. How does the "Color display" generation of games differ besides the display? So far, not at all. The display doesn't define a game. No display will make pinball lovers decide the "DMD era" games aren't fun anymore.

Quoted from iceman44:

No need to get all touchy on TBL Greg, you were slinging your share of "insults" during the pre Woz delivery days and of course with Jpop. What does it matter anyhow?

False equivalency. Jpop never had a plan from day one - and I was vocal about it. Turns out I was right. It never made financial sense, there was no manufacture plan. Nothing about Dutch is remotely like Jpop. They've proven they can code and ship a professional and complex product. They've proven they can build playable Protos and samples. They've proven they have a manufacturing facility. I get that people are frustrated with the delays - but unless you have any logic or proof that they can't pull thru this last stretch, any accusations or insults are unwarranted.

And what did I say about WOZ? Other than not digging it and cancelling my order - it seemed pretty clear that JJP always had a business plan and a factory.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing about Dutch is remotely like Jpop.

Excuse me? Unless the comments by Phil were outrageously untrue then it appeared that funds from TBL deposits were being used to get BOP 2.0 out the door after HUGE delays, amongst other accounting issue that Phil didn't like. Hence, exit stage left.

Money seemed to be a major issue then. Like I said, we will see what happens when they actually start shipping in bulk. I hope they do, but lets not pretend everything has been hunky dory with them.

There will be many other advancements coming soon other than the LCD, phone interaction, additional code service packs to unlock, web group play, etc....

Jpop had a plan from day one, he ended up being incompetent and unable to finish it. He definitely had a plan that plenty of people bought into. In the end you were obnoxiously correct.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No display will make pinball lovers decide the "DMD era" games aren't fun anymore.

"Less desirable". Still fun to play.

And I'll throw in all the licensing mishaps from day one to today with the crappy music files.

The communication sucks and they don't seem to be able to get their shit straight. It appears, they lack any kind of business acumen at this point. Let's see if that changes.

#91 3 years ago

I don't think these will see production start in first half of 2016:

Quoted from kaneda:

Alien
The Hobbit

These are rumors; not sure if we'll see them at all:

Don't forget about the rumored PPS remake.

Looking forward to Lexy finally shipping.

#92 3 years ago

Pat lawlors game well sell like crazy. It's pat lawlor, an original theme, LCD platform. It's going the be the game changer.

#93 3 years ago

Oh it well, well it?

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Pat lawlors game well sell like crazy. It's pat lawlor, an original theme, LCD platform. It's going the be the game changer.

I hope it's awesome, but "Pat Lawlor" doesn't mean anything to the casual pinball player/buyer - and neither do original themes. It prob won't sell well initially - but if word of mouth is stellar - it can pick up steam over time. Hopefully it'll end up being a good "catalog title" for JJP - a game they can always produce since they're not tied to a limited license agreement.

#95 3 years ago

So far the LCD hasn't morphed pinball, however, it's a 'neater' integration to cut scenes than pixelated DMD images that frankly were outdated almost by the time they began. Once LCDs came onto the scene, well, it's surprising that Stern didn't start putting them into play a while back. Likely reason - no competition. What's more surprising is the lack of real development of anything new.

JJP has pushed the boundaries, but in many ways just under the hood. WOZ, though, still feels like something new in ways that Stern's latest offerings still don't.

Innovations of pinball haven't been fully explored. Why? R&D costs, testing new hardware, designing something really new and interactive - like magnets. Other than P2K allowing 'virtual' devices, what innovations have really come to pinball? The basics - pops, vuks, magnets, etc., have been around plenty long enough. Will there be another such universally applicable playfield mech someone designs?

I'm looking for playfields that physically change configuration based on the shots you make or other selection methods and by that I mean more than diverters - ways the playfield can be significantly changed during gameplay. I'd also like to see more 'invisible' flippers like the mini playfield on TZ. Why hasn't a company put under-playfield magnets in that are user-controllable the way flippers are. The more places on a playfield we can have reasonably controlled (skill-based) interactions with the ball(s) the more innovative. That would be game-changing for me, literally. It's also something I'm working on for my own custom projects.

#96 3 years ago

The LCD has proven to be a bigger draw when on location compared to older DMD games. I agree that DMD games will eventually be forgotten like EMs by the locations and mainstream crowds. Collectors will still hold up the classic games of today such as Tron and Metallica just like they do with Addams Family and Twilight Zone but the lesser titles will not hold up as well. I imagine we would already be firmly on this path if JJP had delivered Hobbit when it was still relevant and if Lawlor's game had been revealed already. Stern would have probably already integrated LCDs in their games, but because of delays, innovation and evolution has had to wait.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I found the sweetest parking spot for $200 a month. In NYC, being 15 minutes away from something is a blessing, not a curse ...
Also, I'm a 15 minute walk to work. Which I love. Many of my co-workers spend hours each day commuting. I'm home in 15 minutes flipping away.

Gratz on the short walking commute! I have one as well and bike whenever I can (weather permitting)!

But what's the point of having a HELLCAT (which I would love to own but don't have the garage space (or $$$)) if you are in the middle of the city?

Are you even able to get out of third gear?

I've only been to NYC about a 4 times in the past 10 years but each time the traffic seems worse. Living in Seattle or Chicago practically the only thing my car was good for was Costco and Trader Joe's runs.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Are you even able to get out of third gear?

I've never understood that mindset either. I thought the point of living in the city was to be able to walk everywhere and get rid of the hassle of a car.

#99 3 years ago

Some people think the point of a car is to get attention. Sound like anyone we know?

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I'm looking for playfields that physically change configuration based on the shots you make or other selection methods and by that I mean more than diverters - ways the playfield can be significantly changed during gameplay.

What Gerry has done with P3 is the closest to this I have seen. The LCD playfield and pop-up targets of Lexi Lightspeed allows the game to dynamically change, putting you in many different environments, adding or subtracting available shots as is fit to the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
$ 12.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Edmond, OK
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 8,500.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside