• Latest reply 5 years ago by mrbanjo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Wild-Live-Work-10 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

The second player.......the tens score reel. 9 of 10 times with not reset until I manually take it to zero
adjusted those contacts on the reel many times with no change. Is it in the player unit and not the score reel itself?

#2 5 years ago

Possibly. The schematic will tell the exact switches on the Player unit.
I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#4 5 years ago

Hi mrbanjo
in post-1 You write "2nd-player-10s-Score-Drum does 90% not step forward to its Zero-Position when starting a new game". See the JPG - on the lower part is what HowardR is mentioning --- a problem in the switch "P4A" --- and/or the wiring.

The upper part of the JPG shows "green" the stepping through the players / balls when playing.
"Brown" is the last ball stuff. "Blue" is when starting a new game - resetting the Score-Drums - the Player-Unit is involved. First the Player-Unit is stepped some steps (depending on the previous game) - stepped to "NOW is the time to reset (means stepping forward) Player-ONEs Score-Drums" --- then a step on the Player-Unit - to "NOW is the time to reset (means stepping forward) Player-TWOs Score-Drums" - then one or more steps (Player-Unit) to reach "Player-Unit-HOME-Position - so Player-1 then can play Ball-1. See (blue): Each Score-Drum has TWO switches on position-Zero --- one switch opens when reaching Zero-Position - the other switch closes when reaching Zero-Position. IF (if, if) "encircled blue - faulty always closed" fault - two situations are possible (I talk only on 10s and 100s Score-Drums of Player-2): The 100s happens to be on 100, 200, 300 and the 10s happens to be on 60, 70, 80 --- and both Score-Drums will be resetted. If its "the 100s happens to be on 600, 700, 800 and the 10s happens to be on 10, 20, 30 --- fault - when the 100s are stepped and reach Zero-Position: The reset stops - the Player-Unit steps forward to its Player-Unit-Home-Position - the 10s are not fully resetted.
The Player-Unit is allowed to step WHEN ALL of Player-Two Score-Drums have reached their Zero-Position - when they CLOSE their Zero-Position-Switch (on every drum) --- and when the switch on the 10s Drum is faulty always closed: The brain of the pin believes "All resetted - I (the brain) am allowed to step on the Player-Unit.

Before You dig in into cleaning / adjusting - do this test: Set the 100s Score-Drum of Player-2 to 200 points - and set the 10s Score-Drum of Player-2 to 60 points - then start a new game --- AAA: The 10s Score-Drum steps and reaches its Zero-Position --- BBB: The 10s Score-Drum may step but does not reach its Zero-Position.
The written (theory) above is true - but when You have the BBB: The fault in Your pin is not there ...
Greetings Rolf

0Wild-Live-Work-10 (resized).jpg0Wild-Live-Work-10 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Thx everyone............I will check this out and let you know what I find

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wildlife-player-2-reel-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.