839D5077-7308-4316-8554-A98E6103C371 (resized).jpeg
B80ECB9E-93F6-4CB1-BA92-5A0FF4E73EFB (resized).jpeg
F219E97C-913C-402E-8846-6AD6F7F8B4CF (resized).jpeg
BD594E5B-01DE-4392-9DF2-C0FD96AC790D (resized).jpeg
26E0CBFC-7729-4A65-846C-EF55C3AA30BB (resized).jpeg
4D21812A-CEDF-43F8-AD70-2FDDAC9F9FF6 (resized).jpeg
6E92789B-46D8-4434-B762-E111A9117DCD (resized).jpeg
31B1AD72-2C6F-44C7-87EB-1A7E9B714CA3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Nice story! I got a question about game play - GTB made a AAB version of this game called Lariat. I thought maybe yours was a Lariat with the wrong BG, but then I looked at IPDB and saw the other differences between the two game's PFs...mostly point values. So anyways - the WOW on the Lariat PF as the top vari-target value makes sense, but on WWW what happens when you get a WOW? Free game? Mystery score?

Also very nice that the paper was mostly intact - in the original pic I see pieces of the original paperwork envelope - to me this is the worst things mice like to do...shred any original score cards and labels...very happy to read later on that you found them inside. Congrats!

Sean

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I wonder how the mice got on the playfield in the first place. I can see them starting a family in the bottom...

In my experience, mice always seems to build nests on the PF, especially if it's stored on it's legs. I speculate they like the tight space between the PF and the PF glass. It would then follow that inside the cab is too wide open for their liking - easier for a predator(like your cat! lol) to get to them.

When the games are stored on end, they still prefer that space, and they tend to build nests against the upper ball arch, or under the lower apron. These are slightly better, because they don't run around on the PF surface spreading their filth. See goingincirclez thread on his mouse housed El Dorado. Or this Ship Ahoy I did years ago: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UZoHmsQwJcpcdqw82

Also...the longer those disgusting little critters live on your PF, the worse it will get, since they seem to have no problem using their bed as a toilet, and eventually, a coffin. Fortunately, it seems like the OP's WWW only had it's four legged residents for a short time...unlike my SA and that ED I mentioned.

Sean

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.00
Electronics
UpKick Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Tools
JuanSolo's modshop
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wild-wild-west-my-first-mice-residence-pinball-machine?tu=stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.