3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F55056FF-E10B-40C8-AFC4-D2D4B8312673 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I have a gottlieb world fair that i recently have started working on well upon startup i put a quarter in to start and the game makes a large humming sound, (like a coil is stuck in) the games played meter starts shooting up more games very quickly, & the score motor is non stop moving any idea of where to start? Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Check the bank reset coil, (at the base of the cabinet), and make sure it's firing and physically resetting the bank of coils and releasing. It sounds like the bank reset bar is not moving freely.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Check the bank reset coil, (at the base of the cabinet), and make sure it's firing and physically resetting the bank of coils and releasing. It sounds like the bank reset bar is not moving freely.

No it is not moving at all unless i press it is which then once i press the reset coil in is when i hear the humming sound till i manully unplug the game what do i do?

#4 3 years ago

We need to see some pics of that transformer you were telling me about. Crazy glued wires?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

We need to see some pics of that transformer you were telling me about. Crazy glued wires?

This is Opotomus primes little Brother Optomus Bull****

F55056FF-E10B-40C8-AFC4-D2D4B8312673 (resized).jpegF55056FF-E10B-40C8-AFC4-D2D4B8312673 (resized).jpeg
#6 3 years ago

Oh boy. That does not look safe at all. Did this game work when you bought it? What did the seller tell you about it?

#7 3 years ago

Said it worked perfectly but only willing to meet in a public place aka business parking lot due to prior worries of selling. Helped me load it in and quickly drove away blocked me after purchase.

#8 3 years ago

Wow. That sucks. So it hasn’t worked since you got it home. You’re going to have through it from the beginning. You could have all sorts of things wrong with it starting with that scary looking transformer. Fuses could be the wrong sizes. There’s a lot to go through. There’s Gottlieb EM start up sequences on this forum. I’ll see if I can find them. There’s several EM experts on here. I’m not one of them haha. Hopefully they will chime in.

#9 3 years ago

Yes. I think my biggest hurdle is why the bank of coils is not resetting.

#10 3 years ago

Suggest moving this to the EM tech sub forum. Here’s a little info that might help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-pool-won-t-start-i-m-new-to-ems

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wild-kingdom-startup-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.