Recently picked up my first EM, Williams Wild Card from 1977. I've uploaded the schematic and manual here since they're not currently on IPDB (Uploading new items seems to be disabled?).
Here are the issues I've noticed:
1. Right sling shot doesn't score points or ring chime.
2. The lower switch on right slingshot changes the lit match number in the backbox. Both switches in the left slingshot change the lit match number.
3. Increments of 10000 score in Bonus, but 5000s do not (i.e. 10k or 20k will score, 5k, 15k or 25k will not).
4. Double Bonus doesn't score any Bonus.
5. The Left and Right eject holes intermittently do not spot an Acey or Ducey. While testing this, there was also a point where the switch did not seem to register at all (the ball was not ejected and no points, Aceys or Duceys awarded.)
So far all I have done to address was clean the contacts on the bonus unit with q tip and alcohol.
Would appreciate any guidance as I am a complete noob on EMs. I do own both a multimeter and a soldering iron, and am capable with both.
Thank you in advance!
For learning's sake I'll write my inclinations below (now that I'm sitting down to write and think):
1. For the right slingshot, I'll need to trace the Green-Black wire to the 10 point relay and make sure there's proper continuity.
2. The match problem is confusing for me. I would have imagined it's a short, but the last page of the schematic seems to show the 10 Point Relay connects Match Unit. So, maybe this is proper functionality?
3. Something to do with the X relay?
4. Same as above?