8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by moto_cat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FACB2DB34F2FB26B!1807&authkey=!AF-ux3BoZIQhC_8&ithint=video%2cmp4

The video above I have only seen happen at this one arcade I visit and for the life of me I can't figure out why it happens. Lockbars will wiggle, rock, and you can even pry with your fingertips and is MAJORLY distracting during gameplay. It won't happen with newer STERN title's or even older 80's games it just happens to some. I learned in the past the spot welds on some of them had broken and I restored the last lockbar shown in the video. The wiggling ones though still have strong spot welds however the wood grooves for the lock to fit in is getting worn away. I was told by the owner it's because of heavy nudging and nudging in general.

Frankly I think that is not the reason because this is the only location that I have ever seen this happen and that even includes the Pinball Hall of Fame. So how is this happening and is there a way to fix this?

#2 8 years ago

Adjust the lockbar receiver & put a new beer seal in.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiggling-lock-bar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.