Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

41cJWHSC1sL._SY400_ (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
61+h+CoQ6+L._SL1200_ (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hopefully, this wasn't posted before. Here's a way to remotely turn on your pins, games, and other man/woman cave accessories easily.

amazon.com link »

I have a few items to turn on/off if having company over to play so I was looking for a centralized way of turning things on without having to crawl around. You can even set timers for different plugs among some of the features.

61+h+CoQ6+L._SL1200_ (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Hopefully, this wasn't posted before. Here's a way to remotely turn on your pins, games, and other man/woman cave accessories easily.
amazon.com link »
I have a few items to turn on/off if having company over to play so I was looking for a centralized way of turning things on without having to crawl around. You can even set timers for different plugs among some of the features.

I use these all over my house, including in the arcade - it’s an awesome solution and I like that I can turn off the machines together or separately, by name.

#3 1 year ago

So you can name each plug for a game then? Very cool. I'm going to order these today.

#4 1 year ago

Yep, just bought some similar to these as they work with Alexa. Upgrading from remote controlled outlets.

#5 1 year ago

I use the iDevices switch as well as Phillips Hue lighting. I can use Siri to turn on either game, or if I say "Pinball time" both games turn on and the lights dim and turn blue. With Apples homekit app you can set up scenes that control multiple brands of smart devices.

https://store.idevicesinc.com/idevices-switch/

#6 1 year ago

They gave us Siri's at my company Christmas party a couple years ago and I'm just starting to get used to her. Now I'll be able to get her to control the lighting and the game room. I was looking at those Phillips lights. The set that can do different colors is a little expensive but looks kinda cool.

#7 1 year ago

I have them on every machine. Walk in and say "Alexa, to the batcave" and Batman 66 is ready to go. My daughter thinks I'm nuts......

#8 1 year ago

If you have multiple pins I recommend this one:

JolyJoy WiFi Smart Power Strip Surge Protector, Independent Voice Control with Amazon Alexa Echo / Dot, App Wireless Remote Control Each Socket, with 3 Plug Outlets & 2 USB Ports & Timer amazon.com link »

It allows you to independently control the 3 outlets and is aggressively priced. I’ve got 4 of these in my game room and are working well.

#9 1 year ago

Thanks for the link and I been wanting to do something like that for a long time. I might go with a stackable version since I have 2 games per plug or I could go with 1 per outlet and get a splitter.

pasted_image (resized).png

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

If you have multiple pins I recommend this one:
JolyJoy WiFi Smart Power Strip Surge Protector, Independent Voice Control with Amazon Alexa Echo / Dot, App Wireless Remote Control Each Socket, with 3 Plug Outlets & 2 USB Ports & Timer amazon.com link »
It allows you to independently control the 3 outlets and is aggressively priced. I’ve got 4 of these in my game room and are working well.

I'm always worried when the product states nonsense such as

"[Be Noted] Need 2.4GHz WiFi ONLY when configuring. 3G/4G/5G will be OK after connected. ."

#11 1 year ago

My poor man's solution. The go on sale a few times a year. Love them and they are always dependable.

amazon.com link »

41cJWHSC1sL._SY400_ (resized).jpg

8 months later
#12 6 months ago

Wow, totally missed this thread. I was just thinking about how if I had it to do over I would have wired my game room differently. This is an even better solution. To get started, I ordered two of the power strips, which will cover all of my pinball machines. Plus the Echo Dot's were on sale for $20 yesterday. Assuming they work well, I'll probably order single outlets for my Chexx and arcades.

#13 6 months ago

I got these and am liking them so far. Can't beat it for $10 each and it doesn't block the other outlet.

amazon.com link »

#14 5 months ago

Received mine in the mail today. Works as expected. I can turn machines on/off individualy or as a single command for all machines on/off.

#15 5 months ago

Beats crawling around under games in some circumstances.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
6,075 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside