Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4602A68F-E564-449E-A672-30599AFC0635 (resized).jpeg
    094B37FC-79B7-44E0-A802-655B2D6A8C85 (resized).jpeg
    Canadian Lake Trout (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    5D4AC06B-4A86-41B5-B07F-6871DF52186F (resized).jpeg
    D8A80A95-9A49-4E30-88D4-F1D04226CADD (resized).jpeg
    20190525_172153 (resized).jpg
    20190527_102143 (resized).jpg
    1557179160564 (resized).jpg
    bigrock (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7EF8C748-85D2-48A5-9819-565097AE9516 (resized).jpeg
    1500253640563 (resized).jpg
    amy catfish7_n (resized).jpg
    amy (resized).png
    russ carp (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

Love to fish and so does my wife, here's just a few

1500253640563 (resized).jpg1500253640563 (resized).jpgamy (resized).pngamy (resized).pngamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgruss carp (resized).jpgruss carp (resized).jpg
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I’m bored so I thought I would share this.

Have you ever fished the reservoir up in Belton? I used to live in Temple for about 6 yrs. and man we'd go over there and the bass were just monsters. I remember the first one I caught was about 6 lbs. and being an Ohio boy I thought is was a record. Yeah little did I know how big those hybrid bass get! Biggest one I caught was 10.7 lbs. and it was like trying to reel in Moby Dick!!!!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Is that a carp? It is quite a nasty looking fish. Did you eat it?
    We wanted to go back this weekend but now they have shut everything down.

No I don't eat anything I catch just take a pic and return it to the lake. Those carp are a blast to catch they hard really hard fighters.

#21 4 years ago

You see that big grin on my wife's face was because that was her fish.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Been fishing all my life

I'm supposed to go to Texas later this summer so if that happens maybe we get together and fish. I'll be in Belton for a week and then to Marietta just outside Houston to visit with my family there. Loved Texas but wife has COPD (beginning stage 1 of emphysema) and doesn't tolerate the heat so we moved back to Ohio in '97. Okay with me I can live anywhere!

#29 4 years ago

Wow every country boys dream boat lol!!!!

#30 4 years ago

Okay time to fess up, who here has a lake on their property they can fish in all year round? Lucky bastards

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I call mine "the blob

Good golly miss molly that's a big ass striper!!! How long did you fight him, man I bet that was a titanic struggle. I'd of loved to be there just watch the battle!

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I do not get into fishing unless someone else supplies the equipment, boat, and know-how. I'll gladly supply the beer though

You ever come to Cincy and I'll loan you the equipment but with a warning: Fishing like pins is highly addictive and may leave feeling like Bill Dance and make large purchases when you get home!

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Not all that long. We use relatively light gear but also that is built to whoop a fish quickly. We try to get them in quick so they aren't drained when we release them.

Yeah when I fish for big cats or carp I use 11 ft rods with 50lb test so I can horse them somewhat because they will fight to the point of dying from the stress when put back. Biggest carp I've caught was 42lbs and the biggest cat (blue) was 86lbs in a pay lake called cedar lake and they'll pay 50 cents a lb. to you when you put them back.
    I do a lot of tourney fishing early like now and in the fall when the Blues are active.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Carp are a blast to catch have not done in a long time

Fighters man they give their all right from the beginning.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wish I had a Koi pond.

I have very small decorative pond I put in about 15yrs ago. Had fish in it but honestly they were bluegill I put for two purposes:

1) Bait, use warmouth bluegill when I shovelhead fish early in the spring and late fall I use them for cut bait for blues.

2) When my grandson was really little 1-5yrs old I let him fish for them lol, needless to say he caught them they had nowhere to go.

1557179160564 (resized).jpg1557179160564 (resized).jpg20190525_172153 (resized).jpg20190525_172153 (resized).jpg20190527_102143 (resized).jpg20190527_102143 (resized).jpg
    #43 4 years ago

Is that a sturgeon? Wow I bet you were tired by the time you got him in eh.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from BenB:

Yes it’s a lake sturgeon caught in Northern Minnesota.

The land of 15,000 lakes. I've never caught one but I'd sure like too. Those things can upwards of 2-250lbs or more. My other dream fishing trip would be to tarpon fish. Like catching an enormous shiner minnow!

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Within a few miles of my house.
    I could possibly catch

Then what in the hell are you doing here? Go get them!! lol We have pretty good size perch here in Ohio.

#52 3 years ago

No shack or tent, you are a true warrior! Hope you caught something? Pics for us poor fisherman "not left out in the cold"?

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You are going to get eaten by polar bears

You suppose they think we taste like chicken?

1 week later
    #58 3 years ago

Check out the Lake Trout (12lbs.) this boy caught in Canada (Shabogomo Lake). Damn I'm getting antsy, I may go to the Lake next week, can't go to the stream or river as I've not gotten my license yet this year. Big carp and Blues running this time of year, strippers too in the river.

Canadian Lake Trout (resized).jpgCanadian Lake Trout (resized).jpg
    #61 3 years ago

Yeah they'd have to loosen up here in Ohio for me to go also, but I can dream.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wifes-first-fish?tu=rwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.