13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by northerndude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
    5D4AC06B-4A86-41B5-B07F-6871DF52186F (resized).jpeg
    D8A80A95-9A49-4E30-88D4-F1D04226CADD (resized).jpeg
    20190525_172153 (resized).jpg
    20190527_102143 (resized).jpg
    1557179160564 (resized).jpg
    bigrock (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7EF8C748-85D2-48A5-9819-565097AE9516 (resized).jpeg
    1500253640563 (resized).jpg
    amy catfish7_n (resized).jpg
    amy (resized).png
    russ carp (resized).jpg
    15504D3F-3F27-40E8-9C52-267CC6373F15 (resized).jpeg
    7A83A038-2431-4C4D-BC5A-07D9BB1199A4 (resized).jpeg
    9F337F4D-C0A4-4E76-853B-5104045C793F (resized).jpeg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 13 days ago

I’m bored so I thought I would share this. My wife loves to go fishing off the pier is Galveston but up until recently she would just watch and then when I caught one I would let her real it in and usually they were very small fish. She asked for her own rod and reel that she could cast easily for Christmas so I bought her a pink Zebco rod and reel setup that would make catching small fish feel like a fight. She asked to go fishing yesterday because she was bored being locked up in the house. She caught a couple and I helped but after that I told her she was on her own. She wound up pulling a 15-20lb slot redfish out of the water with her little pink Barbie pole. I’m proud of her.
    7A83A038-2431-4C4D-BC5A-07D9BB1199A4 (resized).jpeg53C6B636-A7C7-483C-8E60-A5232DA25F81 (resized).jpeg9F337F4D-C0A4-4E76-853B-5104045C793F (resized).jpeg

#2 13 days ago

Looks like supper to me.
    -Mike

#3 13 days ago

Nice fish!

#4 13 days ago

Blacken that baby and dig in!

#5 13 days ago

Hey look Bob! Water skiers!

#6 13 days ago

We let it go. We love animals and we have no room in the freezer.

#7 13 days ago

Somehow i thought this was a Fishtales thread.

#8 13 days ago

Went fishing yesterday, COMPLETELY different fishing

We caught a few, my youngest caught a smaller pike, but at least it was out of the house!

15504D3F-3F27-40E8-9C52-267CC6373F15 (resized).jpeg
    #9 13 days ago

Neat. So, I have always wondered, do the fish fight when they are that cold or do you just pull them up.

#10 13 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Neat. So, I have always wondered, do the fish fight when they are that cold or do you just pull them up.

Oh yeah they fight. His reel was buggered and I had to pull it up just by the line in my hand (glove on), I had to work for it.

I caught a 14 lb'er a month or so ago, it didn't fight a bit, it was swimming directly towards the hole, I could hardly keep the lime tight at all, was weird.
    Lot's of times its a bit tough to get them up the hole, as if they are horizontal, they don't fit of course. Gotta get them nose up!

#11 13 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I’m bored so I thought I would share this. My wife loves to go fishing off the pier is Galveston but up until recently she would just watch and then when I caught one I would let her real it in and usually they were very small fish. She asked for her own rod and reel that she could cast easily for Christmas so I bought her a pink Zebco rod and reel setup that would make catching small fish feel like a fight. She asked to go fishing yesterday because she was bored being locked up in the house. She caught a couple and I helped but after that I told her she was on her own. She wound up pulling a 15-20lb slot redfish out of the water with her little pink Barbie pole. I’m proud of her.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

She’s hooked! Guess she’ll need a bigger pole for Mothers Day!

#12 13 days ago

If we can even go outside or afford to I would be happy to buy her one.

#13 13 days ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

She’s hooked! Guess she’ll need a bigger pole for Mothers Day!

I see what you did there.

#14 13 days ago

That went way over my head,WHOOOSH

#15 12 days ago

Love to fish and so does my wife, here's just a few

1500253640563 (resized).jpgamy (resized).pngamy catfish7_n (resized).jpgruss carp (resized).jpg
    #16 12 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I’m bored so I thought I would share this.

Have you ever fished the reservoir up in Belton? I used to live in Temple for about 6 yrs. and man we'd go over there and the bass were just monsters. I remember the first one I caught was about 6 lbs. and being an Ohio boy I thought is was a record. Yeah little did I know how big those hybrid bass get! Biggest one I caught was 10.7 lbs. and it was like trying to reel in Moby Dick!!!!

#17 12 days ago

Is that a carp? It is quite a nasty looking fish. Did you eat it?

We wanted to go back this weekend but now they have shut everything down.

#18 12 days ago

Imma leave this here...

7EF8C748-85D2-48A5-9819-565097AE9516 (resized).jpeg
    #19 12 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Is that a carp? It is quite a nasty looking fish. Did you eat it?
    We wanted to go back this weekend but now they have shut everything down.

No I don't eat anything I catch just take a pic and return it to the lake. Those carp are a blast to catch they hard really hard fighters.

#20 12 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Love to fish and so does my wife, here's just a few[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m surprised in that 3rd pic down you guys didn’t fumble that fish.

#21 12 days ago

You see that big grin on my wife's face was because that was her fish.

#22 12 days ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Imma leave this here...

Nice striper! Where did you catch it?

#23 12 days ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Imma leave this here...[quoted image]

That is sweet. I’ll bet it was fun catching it.

#24 12 days ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Nice striper! Where did you catch it?

Cape Cod Bay in Massachusetts. 53lbs.

Quoted from zr11990:

That is sweet. I’ll bet it was fun catching it.

It was a thrill for sure. My buddy had a fish on (a much smaller fish as I remind him regularly), so I was reeling in as fast as I could so the lines didn’t get tangled... this one hit about 15 feet from the board, took a ton of line, and was a 20 minute fight.

#25 12 days ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Cape Cod Bay in Massachusetts. 53lbs.

It was a thrill for sure. My buddy had a fish on (a much smaller fish as I remind him regularly), so I was reeling in as fast as I could so the lines didn’t get tangled... this one hit about 15 feet from the board, took a ton of line, and was a 20 minute fight.

There’s a cooling lake by me that has striper, not that size, but they are fun to catch.

#26 12 days ago

Been fishing all my life and the closest I have come to something that size is a huge amberjack. I fought it for 10-15 minutes and as soon as it showed itself the deckhand cut the line, said that the limit had been reached for the season and walked away. I wanted to throw his ass in the water. But it was fun getting that far.

#27 12 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Been fishing all my life

I'm supposed to go to Texas later this summer so if that happens maybe we get together and fish. I'll be in Belton for a week and then to Marietta just outside Houston to visit with my family there. Loved Texas but wife has COPD (beginning stage 1 of emphysema) and doesn't tolerate the heat so we moved back to Ohio in '97. Okay with me I can live anywhere!

#28 11 days ago
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #29 11 days ago

Wow every country boys dream boat lol!!!!

#30 11 days ago

Okay time to fess up, who here has a lake on their property they can fish in all year round? Lucky bastards

#31 11 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Love to fish and so does my wife, here's just a few[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes!

Quoted from RWH:

Okay time to fess up, who here has a lake on their property they can fish in all year round? Lucky bastards

Wish I had a Koi pond.

I do not get into fishing unless someone else supplies the equipment, boat, and know-how. I'll gladly supply the beer though!

#32 11 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I'm supposed to go to Texas later this summer so if that happens maybe we get together and fish. I'll be in Belton for a week and then to Marietta just outside Houston to visit with my family there. Loved Texas but wife has COPD (beginning stage 1 of emphysema) and doesn't tolerate the heat so we moved back to Ohio in '97. Okay with me I can live anywhere!

That would be great. Just let me know.

#33 11 days ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Imma leave this here...[quoted image]

I call mine "the blob"

bigrock (resized).jpg
    #34 11 days ago

Hole e fuck. That is a monster. I do t know freshies got that big.

#35 11 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I call mine "the blob

Good golly miss molly that's a big ass striper!!! How long did you fight him, man I bet that was a titanic struggle. I'd of loved to be there just watch the battle!

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I do not get into fishing unless someone else supplies the equipment, boat, and know-how. I'll gladly supply the beer though

You ever come to Cincy and I'll loan you the equipment but with a warning: Fishing like pins is highly addictive and may leave feeling like Bill Dance and make large purchases when you get home!

#36 11 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Good golly miss molly that's a big ass striper!!! How long did you fight him, man I bet that was a titanic struggle. I'd of loved to be there just watch the battle!

Not all that long. We use relatively light gear but also that is built to whoop a fish quickly. We try to get them in quick so they aren't drained when we release them.

#37 11 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Not all that long. We use relatively light gear but also that is built to whoop a fish quickly. We try to get them in quick so they aren't drained when we release them.

Yeah when I fish for big cats or carp I use 11 ft rods with 50lb test so I can horse them somewhat because they will fight to the point of dying from the stress when put back. Biggest carp I've caught was 42lbs and the biggest cat (blue) was 86lbs in a pay lake called cedar lake and they'll pay 50 cents a lb. to you when you put them back.
    I do a lot of tourney fishing early like now and in the fall when the Blues are active.

#38 11 days ago

So Im not the only one who puts them back? I love fish but I hate to kill them.

#39 11 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Carp are a blast to catch have not done in a long time

#40 11 days ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Carp are a blast to catch have not done in a long time

Fighters man they give their all right from the beginning.

#41 11 days ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wish I had a Koi pond.

I have very small decorative pond I put in about 15yrs ago. Had fish in it but honestly they were bluegill I put for two purposes:

1) Bait, use warmouth bluegill when I shovelhead fish early in the spring and late fall I use them for cut bait for blues.

2) When my grandson was really little 1-5yrs old I let him fish for them lol, needless to say he caught them they had nowhere to go.

1557179160564 (resized).jpg20190525_172153 (resized).jpg20190527_102143 (resized).jpg
    #42 11 days ago

69” 95 pounder

D8A80A95-9A49-4E30-88D4-F1D04226CADD (resized).jpeg
    #43 11 days ago

Is that a sturgeon? Wow I bet you were tired by the time you got him in eh.

#44 11 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Is that a sturgeon? Wow I bet you were tired by the time you got him in eh.

Yes it’s a lake sturgeon caught in Northern Minnesota. I was beat after fighting that for just over an hour.

#45 11 days ago
    Quoted from BenB:

Yes it’s a lake sturgeon caught in Northern Minnesota.

The land of 15,000 lakes. I've never caught one but I'd sure like too. Those things can upwards of 2-250lbs or more. My other dream fishing trip would be to tarpon fish. Like catching an enormous shiner minnow!

#46 11 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Went fishing yesterday, COMPLETELY different fishing
    We caught a few, my youngest caught a smaller pike, but at least it was out of the house![quoted image]

I'd love that, so nice!
    Enjoy that snow and ice; here we're getting less and less every winter

#47 11 days ago
    Quoted from BenB:

69” 95 pounder

We’ve got *big* sturgeon here, but they are not plentiful. I’m talking 8 feet and hundreds of pounds. If you take one out of the water, it’s massive fines and potential jail time.

#48 11 days ago

Within a few miles of my house.
    I could possibly catch

World class size walleye (large hit 11-16 lb and some larger still, but barely)
    World class size Pike (30 lb+)
    Sturgeon - monsters!!!!
    Perch
    Tulabe (kind of whitefish)
    Sauger
    Burbot

#49 11 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Within a few miles of my house.
    I could possibly catch

Then what in the hell are you doing here? Go get them!! lol We have pretty good size perch here in Ohio.

#50 11 days ago

Working still

Ice fishing season ends this weekend, I’ll get out for a day or two maybe.

Ice is 3+ ft thick on the like still

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.95
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside