(Topic ID: 77253)

Wife: You can buy another pinball machine if...

By ShinyBall

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pf-big_show-3.jpg
    gweem.jpg
    DSC09894.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shinyball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Wondering what kind of conditions the rest of you guys that have a wife (or significant other) have to deal with in order to get another machine. In my case it was, "if you sell one of your Harleys!" ( Ain't happening). I'll have to find another way. But, it got me thinking, there has to be some interesting stories out there.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

For every pinball machine I buy my wife gets a new puppy. We're getting our 5th dog this year thanks to MMR.

That was a absolute great idea! My GSH is turning 13 this year, and the wife has been hinting that we should start thinking about getting a pup. I just said to her, "what if I get you a new gsh puppy..would that work instead of selling one of my harleys?" She responded with, "I want 2 then"..... Done deal!
    The only problem with this is, I can only do this once, we have a city ordinance that a household can only have 3 dogs. So I will have to come up with something else down the road for the next one.
    But for now, yippee! ( I want the new pups too..but no need to tell her)

Thank-you

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Perhaps a good question to ask is, "How did I get myself into a position in a relationship where I feel I need to ask permission?" -- and get that situation resolved.
    Don't get me wrong, it's often important to "work with your partner" on things, it's just that "asking permission" is one of many possible approaches to working things out (not one of my favorites) ... If you feel like it's your only option, I'd look into on creating more options.
    -mof

well, when you are talking about spending 8k to 10k..I think both need to agree..at least in my household.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shinyball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-you-can-buy-another-pinball-machine-if?tu=shinyball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.