Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TAC_Double
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

The wife was asking me last night what my plans were for all the machines I have picked up over the past six months. So I told her that after I was done fixing them up and played them a bit I had planned to sell them off to help pay for a more interesting machine. Nothing I have is a DMD machine and she really wants one.

So she tells me to offer them all up in trade for one exciting machine.... Is she crazy? Or is she on to something I asked myself.

My collection is nothing exciting, but they were good deals...

Spy Hunter
    Gorgar
    Volcano
    Phoenix
    Fastball (pitch/bat)

I'm torn on this.... Love working on them, but no time for them all. Love to play, but have nothing currently I really like or working

Thoughts?

#2 12 years ago

Trade em for a super pin that you and your wife absolutely love. That will get the wife even more excited about pinball and allow you to add some great pins in the future. If you don't like what you have play wise trade or sell them and get one you love to play there is nothing better than owning a pin you love to play IMO. Just my 2 cents.

#3 12 years ago

The Dude has spoken.... words of wisdom.

#4 12 years ago

Hm.
    Keep the worst, what needs the most work on it, and trade the others for one perfect.
    Then, You can play any time, but if you want, still can repair the other... This hobby belongs to parts, play and repair...

#5 12 years ago

All hail the Dude!!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from TAC_Double:

So she tells me to offer them all up in trade for one exciting machine.... Is she crazy? Or is she on to something I asked myself.
    ?

You need to bargain bud. HOLD THE LINE! WHEEL & DEAL!!! See what she is offering in return for you trading in the collection to get a Prime DMD machine! Every contract both parties must benefit in some way...what is in it for you??? She needs to bring something to the table in this deal! What is it???

Lol..been married 21 years here and know what it is like to keep the peace...I like dmd machines and that is all we have. I find that my wife plays them alot. Maybe the dmd interactive mode is the reason in some way. Not positive though. If you can get a good deal by trading 5 out for 1 dmd then I guess go for it. Only if a decent deal though after all the hard work you put into restoring the 5 pins.

#7 12 years ago

His dudeness !!

#8 12 years ago

Thanks everyone, I'm leaning in the "offer them all for trade" direction. My whole idea behind these machines was to R&R them and sell to upgrade my collection anyway. I have so many thing going on, been working on other peoples machines and board repairs now as well. I have not event had a chance to work on my own stuff.

They are all projects, some other better than others... But I think it's time to make this happen.

I'll throw them up on CL and see what happens.

Thanks everyone!

#9 12 years ago

El Duderino rocks!

#10 12 years ago

Man, I wish you were closer!

I'd take on the Volcano project....

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Man, I wish you were closer!
    I'd take on the Volcano project....

I do too Schusler.... The Volcano is in very nice shape over all. A little planking in below the flipper area, but is missing the driver board Been sitting for years and needs a good shop job.

Gorgar has a very nice PF and BG. The cabinet is in good condition but has some separation on the back of the head. It also sat for years and needs shopped.

Put the lot on CL last night, need to get photos of them all. Had a few offers but nothing I'd want to trade for..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-wants-me-to-trade-my-projects and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.