• 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-832.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have been looking high and low for a nice MB I drove a 4 hour round trip last night to look at an MB and it was a huge disappointment! Battery's corroded/acid damage, playfield badly warped at drac trac, drac binding up ect. I am about to give up on MB and order up a Luci

Get both, and make up an excuse for the IRS. That's my plan. Luci arrives on Tuesday

#52 10 years ago

I have been looking high and low for a nice MB I drove a 4 hour round trip last night to look at an MB and it was a huge disappointment! Battery's corroded/acid damage, playfield badly warped at drac trac, drac binding up ect. I am about to give up on MB and order up a Luci

Good for you....to not buy the sub-par MB after all that driving....it's tough to just walk away after all the time "wasted"...and money burning a hole in your pocket. You can't go wrong with a Luci either

#53 10 years ago

There's a nice MB here in town that the guy bought new. It's been sitting with an out of order sign on it for over 5 years. He says he'll sell it to me,but when I show up with cash,he always has an excuse. I got his AFM last year for $4K,& have been on him about his others ever since. He has about 15 just sitting in a shop needing work that he doesn't know how to do!?!

#54 10 years ago

Played the premium this weekend and a modded pro. I still prefer the pro. I think it's faster without the lower pf. If you don't like Angus, get the Helen decal!

#55 10 years ago

Luci. End of story.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Played the premium this weekend and a modded pro. I still prefer the pro. I think it's faster without the lower pf. If you don't like Angus, get the Helen decal!

The premium is fast enough IMHO and I prefer it. (Glad you enjoy your pro though)

#57 10 years ago

The premium is fast enough IMHO and I prefer it. (Glad you enjoy your pro though)

I don't have one but I (personally) would save and buy the pro. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
I liked the speed and flow of the pro the best. I know I'm not in the majority and that's fine.

Either way the op needs to play both and decide. If I buy an AC/DC I know which will be in my game room.

#58 10 years ago

Agreed! The premium already kicks my ass... I don't think I'd want the abuse of an ever faster ACDC pin mocking me!

Also, while the lower playfield didn't interest me much at first (those weren't my favorite songs!) , I've now grown to appreciate it as a unique addition to the game.

#59 10 years ago

This is a game that can go on and on with debates. Pro, Premium, Luci etc. Which is best?

Until you walk up and play one. It's just plain fun. All of the versions are fun. Stern has done a good job of milking all they can out of it with Luci etc. I still remember seeing them at the 2012 TPF and thinking "So this is how they answer all the bitching about games not being as good recently". They knocked it out of the park with ACDC.

The OP will be very happy. I'm only selling to try something new, its a great great game.

#60 10 years ago

Was that the one on Seattle Craigslist for $9990?

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Was that the one on Seattle Craigslist for $9990?

Yes and it is a turd! like I said drove 2 hours one way in traffic after work Friday to get to his house. I get there and look at the game for a few min & then asked him if I could pull the backglass and look at the boards... he tells me "oh I don't know its getting close to my dinner time" im like seriously dude, I just got here! do you want to sell the game or not? his wife finally over rides him and says go ahead and take a look and that's when I got to put eyes on some nasty leaky batteries and an acid damaged board. poor MB
Funny before I pulled the backglass I asked him if he had ever changed the batteries and he was like "nope I have owned this game for 10 years and never had to do anything to it" like he was proud of that fact.
On the way out the door I let him know that one of the error codes was showing a missing ball and that he had been playing his game for 10 years with only 3 balls in it.
portland.craigslist.org link

#62 10 years ago

Yes and it is a turd! like I said drove 2 hours one way in traffic after work Friday to get to his house. I get there and look at the game for a few min & then asked him if I could pull the backglass and look at the boards... he tells me "oh I don't know its getting close to my dinner time" im like seriously dude, I just got here! do you want to sell the game or not? his wife finally over rides him and says go ahead and take a look and that's when I got to put eyes on some nasty leaky batteries and an acid damaged board. poor MB
Funny before I pulled the backglass I asked him if he had ever changed the batteries and he was like "nope I have owned this game for 10 years and never had to do anything to it" like he was proud of that fact.
On the way out the door I let him know that one of the error codes was showing a missing ball and that he had been playing his game for 10 years with only 3 balls in it.

Sorry to hear, that's too bad. If/when I'm ready to sell my restored MB I'll keep you in mind...

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Sorry to hear, that's too bad. If/when I'm ready to sell my restored MB I'll keep you in mind...

Please do thanks

1 week later
#64 10 years ago

I guess the seller is realizing the poor shape of the pin, the price is now dropped to $7.5k

#65 10 years ago

I just saw that he lowered the price... It might be an ok pickup for $6kish for a Resto candidate. The game needs new playfield, some board work and decals.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Luci. End of story.

You go with your feel but Luci is the best looking one by a mile!

#67 10 years ago

The best bang for your buck is an HUO premium. Sit tight...one will come your way. Then just add the Hellen backglass if you can't stand the sight of the hairy sweaty guitar player.

When "pinball season" ends with the warm weather you might be able to find a nice one in the $5200 range. They made quite a few runs of these so there is no shortage of them out there.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

When "pinball season" ends

Pinball season ends??
image-832.jpgimage-832.jpg

#69 10 years ago

Easy answer, which ever one her little heart desires!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-wants-an-acdc-which-one/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.