• Latest reply 85 days ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210722_192402 (resized).jpg
20210626_110355 (resized).jpg
20210622_101832 (resized).jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago

Great to hear and will continue to pray for you and your wife.

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so they are going to do a heart transplant because her blood pressure was sky high?

70/40 is low. Sending positive thoughts your way.

#53 3 months ago

Thank you all so much. I'm gonna be listing some of my games here shortly. Probably gonna sell my very nice shadow and iron maiden and maybe my nice bsd as well

#54 3 months ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Thank you all so much. I'm gonna be listing some of my games here shortly. Probably gonna sell my very nice shadow and iron maiden and maybe my nice bsd as well

I don't know anything about your financial situation, but if you need the money now, then yeah sure, do it. If you are building up a slush fund for anticipated, huge medical bills, I'm not sure I would just yet. My FIL was in the hospital a lot before he died. I don't know all the particulars, but most of his bills were forgiven. They released him with severe internal bleeding that nearly killed him, so that may have had something to do with it, but I'd give it some thought before doing anything rash.

I'd also confirm that air ambulance is covered by your health insurance. Sometimes they aren't and they are not cheap. You may find that you are trying to fill a bucket full of holes so to speak.

#55 3 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so they are going to do a heart transplant because her blood pressure was sky high?

I don't know anything about his wife's situation, but I do know that having very high blood pressure over an extended period of time can cause heart damage, among other things. I went in for a sinus surgery and they took my blood pressure at check in and they sent me to an ER. Why? My blood pressure was OVER 180/120. It probably had been that way for quite a long time. I had no clear symptoms, and had low blood pressure as a kid, so I never thought much about it. I've got it under control with meds now (and got the surgery, which reduced my sleep apnea by about 90%...also helps the blood pressure), but it wouldn't surprise me if I find out in 10 or 15 years that my heart is weaker than it should be because it took some damage from the blood pressure.

*edit* I didn't see the 70/40 thing before posting this...man....I feel dizzy and sick when mine goes around 110/80!

#56 3 months ago

I am so sorry this has happened to your wife and your family, this is such a terribly difficult thing to go thru! My wife is a cancer survivor and when she was diagnosed at 27 years old I was so devastated that I could barely function in my own day to day life. Having gone thru my own medical issues I can say that dealing with my wife’s illness was so much more difficult for me than anything I ever went thru with my own medical situation. Be strong for her and never lose hope!
Prayers sent for you both.

#57 3 months ago

VCU Transplant team just called me and they have started getting all the Information needed together that will be necessary to be put on the list. If approved I will have to stay with Stephanie for 3 weeks post operation. She said that I could rotate with other family members but steph will have too stay close and she can't be left alone as she will be taking 50+ pills a day for anti rejection. So much going on. Just pray she gets on the list bc she said if she does it will be quick as steph is still critically Ill and needs it now

3 weeks later
#58 86 days ago

Just too let everyone know. My wife was denied transplant and she wanted me to thank all of you for helping me and my daughter in the darkest time of our lives. It literally pulled us right out at the exact moment it happened and we couldn't be more proud to be apart of this small but amazing community. Her dr wouldn't give us a timeline of life as they didn't want to give us false hope but I hope we get Christmas together and again thank you all for everything a and i will pay it forward for the rest of my life and I will teach my 3 year old daughter the same as that's what community should mean

#59 86 days ago

Just too let everyone know. My wife was denied transplant and she wanted me to thank all of you for helping me and my daughter in the darkest time of our lives. It literally pulled us right out at the exact moment it happened and we couldn't be more proud to be apart of this small but amazing community. Her dr wouldn't give us a timeline of life as they didn't want to give us false hope but I hope we get Christmas together and again thank you all for everything a and i will pay it forward for the rest of my life and I will teach my 3 year old daughter the same as that's what community should mean

That’s terrible and I’m sorry. Was she too weak to get one? I hope and pray for your family. Best of luck to you all

#60 86 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That’s terrible and I’m sorry. Was she too weak to get one? I hope and pray for your family. Best of luck to you all

Yes and they said that she has too many other underlying issues for a possible match right now

#61 86 days ago

I am so sorry! Can they keep her on the list? is there any chance she still may be considered for a transplant later on?
Prayers sent for your family

#62 86 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am so sorry! Can they keep her on the list? is there any chance she still may be considered for a transplant later on?
Prayers sent for your family

They only review so far is set for January 04th 2022

#63 86 days ago

I understand you bought a Halloween (CE) and your initial posts you said this was a dream theme and you’ve supported spooky for years.

Now you’re saying this is kind of like a “make a wish” for your terminally ill wife.

Not trying to kick someone while they’re down but if you’re going to start a gofundme and then buy a 10k game, I would encourage you to post some sort of proof or maybe pictures of the hospital stay to at least show this isn’t one of the countless scams that happen on Pinside.

#64 86 days ago

Wow! My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine having to go through something like this. Your courage is immeasurable!

#65 86 days ago

I understand you bought a Halloween (CE) and your initial posts you said this was a dream theme and you’ve supported spooky for years.
Now you’re saying this is kind of like a “make a wish” for your terminally ill wife.
Not trying to kick someone while they’re down but if you’re going to start a gofundme and then buy a 10k game, I would encourage you to post some sort of proof or maybe pictures of the hospital stay to at least show this isn’t one of the countless scams that happen on Pinside.

20210622_101832 (resized).jpg20210626_110355 (resized).jpg
#66 86 days ago

This was my daughter and wife yesterday Playing with my stepdad dog

20210722_192402 (resized).jpg
#67 86 days ago

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

LTG

#68 86 days ago

Hoping and praying this works out well for you and your family! Best wishes freddy

#69 86 days ago

I’m so sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray for your wife and your family. I know you don’t need to hear it from me, but CHERISH EVERY MOMENT!

#70 86 days ago

So your wife's able to be home okay for now?
3 yr. old Daughter. Oh man..

#71 86 days ago
Quoted from Mopar:

So your wife's able to be home okay for now?
3 yr. old Daughter. Oh man..

Yeah she was discharged Wednesday but if she has any symptoms too immediately go too the hospital or call 911

#72 86 days ago

Yeah she was discharged Wednesday but if she has any symptoms too immediately go too the hospital or call 911

#73 86 days ago

Isn’t the ETA on Halloween like 6-12 months?

#74 85 days ago

[quoted image]

The picture of your beautiful daughter breaks my damn heart! The pictures of your wife in such a struggle for her life are so difficult to see. I don’t know her but I imagine that she is a kind and decent person and an amazing mother. I understand you felt the need to post the photos above, but they are so personal and she is in the fight of her life. It is not my place to say but you should not feel the need or any pressure to post such personal photos here. You have nothing to prove my friend, we are here to support you.
Again my wife and I are praying for your family, don’t lose hope.

#75 85 days ago

Is buying a $10K pinball machine after starting a GFM for health issues ever a good idea? We're all Pinheads. I can tell you I certainly don't want a $10K pin for my Make a Wish if I've maybe got 6 months left. It's a tough situation he's in and he's trying to cope, but it kinda sounds like he is projecting his wants onto her.

As a spouse and a parent, I'd want to maximize quality time with my family while checking off the bucket list as much as possible, but that's just me.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside