(Topic ID: 73099)

Wife Got Me Fish Tales for X-Mas :)

By Jean-Luc-Picard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ralph-wiggum.jpg
    ft4.jpeg
    ft1.jpeg
    ft3.jpeg
    ft2.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

Really surprised since she said NO MORE PINS lol. One night we went out drinking and I told her how Fish Tales reminded me of my childhood when I use to go fishing with my dad and hearing his fish stories. I guess she liked the story. As well my buddy is even picking it up for us after Xmas. It is about a 6+ hour round trip. Luckily it is near his family that he is visiting for the holiday. "Super awesome friend"

Very excited It is in good shape. However some wear where the ball drops off the ramps. But I can fix that with a little paintjob and some mylar. The cabinet oddly enough is in great shape in terms of no scratches or blemishes. However it's 100% faded. I may re-decal it someday but since its "clean" I don't mind the fade all that much. Maybe will re-decal it when I redo Bad Cat's cabinet. Now I am in desperate need to find a gift for her that is as cool. So far I am stumped. lol

Photos:ft1.jpegft1.jpegft2.jpegft2.jpegft4.jpegft4.jpegft3.jpegft3.jpeg

#2 10 years ago

You'd better treat that woman like she deserves to be treated. Like a queen.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You'd better treat that woman like she deserves to be treated. Like a queen.

Amen!

#4 10 years ago

She is great, I am very lucky to have found her. The fact she puts up with 3 pins in the living room shows she is a keeper. Wont ever throw her back into the water. Love her

#5 10 years ago

Not only are you lucky to have such a great wife you now have another great pin. Looks like a merry Christmas for sure.

#6 10 years ago

Man I need to start dating again if there is the potential of finding someone like this....... Congrats on the new pin.

chris

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Man I need to start dating again if there is the potential of finding someone like this....... Congrats on the new pin.
    chris

There are lots of someone's out there like this.... Their names in no particular order are- Bob, Steve, Richard, and Phillip.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There are lots of someone's out there like this.... Their names in no particular order are- Bob, Steve, Richard, and Phillip.

HA!
    This was pretty funny bro. Nice job.
    Congrats on the cool wife OP.
    Cheers
    PChop

#10 10 years ago

you should ask for a divorce.

JK, If it was a complete surprise, it's still an awesome present.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Amazing. And you strike again....Now get to work. Or go to be. Looks like its 1:00AM your time.

chris

#12 10 years ago

yep, i agree with others...

can we make a deal ? but not about pins heh !!!

(kinding of course)

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Ralph,you gotta revert your avatar back to a Ralph image,naturally.Do you know the 'Blood Hound Gang's Ralph Wiggum' tune?

Btw,that's the biggest 'owned in the past list I've ever seen.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Ralph,you gotta revert your avatar back to a Ralph image,naturally.Do you know the 'Blood Hound Gang's Ralph Wiggum' tune?
    Btw,that's the biggest 'owned in the past list I've ever seen.

I have been at this for awhile now (since 1999). I have a short attention span and a walkout basement, so nothing lasts too long here.

That is a wiggum avatar, but hard to see reduced, I will switch it up.

ralph-wiggum.jpgralph-wiggum.jpg

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

....... Now I am in desperate need to find a gift for her that is as cool. So far I am stumped. lol

You have to top this, get her a Star Trek LE..... she really deserves that !!

#16 10 years ago

You dummy!! Why didn't you tell her that Star Trek reminds you of your childhood and how you and your father used to sit on the couch night after night, with spock ears on, watching....

You let us down here.....

#17 10 years ago

You gotta love that feeling! My wife bought me an ACDC Premium for my birthday this year. I have no idea what to get her for her b- day (that she would actually want) that is comparable in value. Except a new( er) car. She is a very low maintenance, down home, Iowa farm girl.

1 week later
    #18 10 years ago

Just got back from vacation for a week. And now have the flu. Arggg. Did not notice the new comments till just now.

Quoted from BadBrad97:

You dummy!! Why didn't you tell her that Star Trek reminds you of your childhood and how you and your father used to sit on the couch night after night, with spock ears on, watching....

You let us down here.....

Quoted from Thor-NL:

You have to top this, get her a Star Trek LE..... she really deserves that !!

lolz, well FT is a bit cheaper than a STLE she also loves Star Trek, but did not like the Stern ST. She likes DE:ST and Williams:ST better. But I really love Fish Tales and I was very surprised she is allowing another pin in the living room. I think a lot has to do with buying a house January 2015 and she knows it wont be long till they are all in one spot and not scattered around the house haha.

#19 10 years ago

Nice I sold my FT to help fund XM. I do plan on getting it again. Such a fun, simple, yet hard pin.

#20 10 years ago

She's like my wife ,I have lots of pins but I know if she had lots of money she would buy me one :-)she's a keeper

#21 10 years ago

If you are burned out and bored with any of the pins in your current collection, you could sell one and use the money to pitch in to help pay for whatever you get her in return. That way you are not stuffing another pin in the living room.

Should be a Merry Christmas for you this year JLP.

#22 10 years ago

It's great that she got you a pin. But even better that she listened when you were talking about a pin.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

If you are burned out and bored with any of the pins in your current collection, you could sell one and use the money to pitch in to help pay for whatever you get her in return. That way you are not stuffing another pin in the living room.

Should be a Merry Christmas for you this year JLP.

That is a good idea, In fact I have never really sold a pin before. I haven't gotten into that part of the hobby yet.

Quoted from canea:

It's great that she got you a pin. But even better that she listened when you were talking about a pin.

Yeah I agree, I was pretty drunk while playing FT at the pub when I was telling her why I like the pin so much. I had no intention to convince her to let me get another pin. Simply a story. So I tried to dig/listen to what she wanted for xmas. So far its, lingerie, jewelry, boots, cat slippers and technology.

Quoted from YZRider926:

Nice I sold my FT to help fund XM. I do plan on getting it again. Such a fun, simple, yet hard pin.

I agree, I know it isn't everyone's favorite but it really gets my blood pumping when I play it.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

.....So far its, lingerie, jewelry, boots, cat slippers and technology.

Ahhh, great get her some lingerie she wants *wink* *wink*

#25 10 years ago

I haven't told my wife that I bought a Predator Pinball. As updates keep coming out I tell her how cool of a game it is in hopes of her saying "oh just buy it already". She hasn't folded yet I think when it arrives she will be totally surprised but not necessarily in a good way I hope on whatever Wife of a Pinball Enthusiast forum she is on all the members are telling her that i'm a keeper

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Ahhh, great get her some lingerie she wants *wink* *wink*

lol, yeah that was the first time I shopped for Lingerie, was interesting. More of a gift for the both of us haha

Quoted from NinJaBooT:I haven't told my wife that I bought a Predator Pinball. As updates keep coming out I tell her how cool of a game it is in hopes of her saying "oh just buy it already". She hasn't folded yet I think when it arrives she will be totally surprised but not necessarily in a good way I hope on whatever Wife of a Pinball Enthusiast forum she is on all the members are telling her that i'm a keeper

Hope she understand and doesn't yell out a quote from Predator. "Dutch: No more games! " lol Best of luck

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-got-me-fish-tales-for-x-mas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.