You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-1.jpg
image.jpg
Big_D_Pin_Full.jpg
TFTC.jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

Women seem to be drawn to The Cryptkeeper. So I recommend TFTC.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Women seem to be drawn to The Cryptkeeper.

Is that what women call you?

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Is that what women call you?

hopefully it's not because he can't get it up.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hopefully it's not because he can't get it up.

I'm up every morning at the crack of dawn. You should see Dawn!

#105 11 years ago

I've seen the crack of Dawn once. She mooned me from the car next to me. From what I saw that day, she needed a shave.

#106 11 years ago

Here are some pins that I've owned and the wife really enjoyed:

Roadshow
LOTR
TSPP
Dr. Who

Currently, these are the pins that I have that she really likes:

RBION
WWH20
RCT

#107 11 years ago

RBION is one my wife likes a lot. Flashy, lots of shots, call outs, instructions - says she feels like there is a lot to do.

From the interview with my wife:
Loves TSPP now that she has developed some skills (her assessment). May be her fave now. Says that this is the one she turns on first. Followed by FT, LOTR, RBION, POTC (rubbers on the outlanes), STTNG (whole family loves this TV series), DH, then NGG, then IJ4 (but doesn't like the long pauses for the movie clips), WCS94, and then BSD.

#108 11 years ago

Funhouse for sure.Elvira's pins are two more.And if your wife is a heavy metal girl like mine the soundtrack and play of BK2K are seducing.

#109 11 years ago

My wife bought TFTC and BSD. She seems to like AC/DC a good deal too.

#110 11 years ago

My wife totally prefers Funhouse the best of all my games. TZ and TAF are seconds.

#111 11 years ago

Also, my wife ordered (made me order) WOZ and THLE....

#112 11 years ago

My wife loves our FH.. but she also likes TOM..

#113 11 years ago

My husband is not allowed to sell the MM ever. I love the call outs and I love destroying the castle. Some days I have entire conversations with the trolls.

#114 11 years ago

Top 3 are BBH, RCT, and Roadshow. The only way I was able to justify selling RS is to buy RCT. Makes swapping out pins difficult, but such is life

#115 11 years ago

Any game that has a shaker motor installed... Hiyooo!

#116 11 years ago

My wife wants to me get this PIN asap and put in our bedroom.... Big_D_Pin_Full.jpgBig_D_Pin_Full.jpg // Error: Image 83806 not found //

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#117 11 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

My wife wants to me get this PIN asap and put in our bedroom....

Unfortunately it's only a 1 player.

#118 11 years ago

My wife really likes High Speed playing it daily. enjoys Diner and after the Louisville show now wants a NGG. Love that women..

Don

#119 11 years ago
#120 11 years ago

I think my wives favorite would be the one(s) I sell.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from Greg2608:

I think my wives favorite would be the one(s) I sell.

Well said.

I think my wife might well like Diner, if I could find one in good shape at a reasonable price within an acceptable distance--a lot of qualifiers!

#122 11 years ago

Take her to Vegas and stop by the Hall of Fame. Let her play a bunch of games and she'll let you know what she likes. You may have to sweeten the deal with a show on the strip.

Enjoy!

#124 11 years ago

Oddly enough, the ladies cluster at Sopranos when I have people over. I don't know if it's the theme, fairly simple rules, cool music, or what. It doesn't matter if they're young, old, married, or unmarried....they seize it every time. By the way, they also have TOTAN and several of the latest Stern LEs to choose from.

1 week later
#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Okay, I know this thread is likely to head south in a hurry, but I'll see if I can pick up some useful information along the way!
I would like to buy a pin that my wife would enjoy. She is indifferent to the themes of most of my pins (shoot-em-ups, sci-fi and the like). I've thought perhaps she'd enjoy WOZ or Diner more, but there is nowhere local that I can take her to give either a try.
I fully realize that women's tastes are not all alike, that some women love horror-themed pins, etc., etc. Still, I imagine that some of you can relate to my dilemma and might already have found the pin that interests (if only occasionally) your significant other in this hobby. If so, what is it?

When my husband started collecting pins I wasn't a fan but then I had only played a few times growing up and was never really that into video games. In all the games my husband (Eskaybee) has purchased I only disliked Spider-Man because of the annoying Sandman's voice. I rejoiced the day he sold that machine!

IMO the best way to find out what she may really enjoy is to 1. Ask her (I'm sure you have done this already.) 2. Have her play a few different pins to see what style of play and themes she may like. (Hubs took me to the PHoF and I had a blast playing all the different pins.) 3. DO NOT buy her a vacuum and then you spend a few grand on a pin. (Payback is a bitch and I COULD be an even bigger one!)

Quoted from vid1900:Sadly, the truth is no pinball machine will please her if she is not already into pins. Get her an expensive vacuum cleaner; at least then you can enjoy a cleaner house too.

Good Luck

#126 11 years ago

My wife favorite is TOTAN followed closely by BOP and Bad Cats...
Al

#127 11 years ago

:lol:I'm not sure of pins the wife likes. But here is one that she hates and is very jealous of!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#128 11 years ago

My wife's favorite pins are Whirlwind, POTO, WCS94 and TAF. After visiting the pinball wizard arcade in NH she was hooked on whirlwind and WCS94. Bought them as soon as I could.

#129 11 years ago

Took my wife to a location that had a few machines. AC/DC, FT, Rescue 911, JP. She was immediately drawn to AC/DC. The machine wasn't set up well and she kept getting SDTM drains off the plunge from the pops. I had to show her how to nudge the machine a bit to help avoid that. Even though her ball times were short on this machine, she really liked it and kept wanting to play.

Later we tried out the Rescue 911. It was set up well and relatively clean. I couldn't pull her away from it. Being able to easily get the multi ball and watching the helicopter take the ball away was "the coolest thing she has ever seen on a pinball machine". After a ball drained, she would say "LOOK at how many lives I saved! How could you NOT want to play this!"

#130 11 years ago

I want a CV so badly. We don't currently have the money to pay the going rate for it (and I won't let my husband get rid of Tron just to get something that I want). Farfalla's another one. It just seems so damned rare.

STTNG's the only machine that we've sold that I didn't want to sell - but since it got my husband something that he wanted more, out the door it went. He /knows/ we'll get another one, eventually. Out of the things we own I spend the most time playing Tron. We've only had Future Spa for a week or two but I like it a lot more than I expected to. (I green lit my 50% of the decision based on art alone, I'd never played it before.)

Other machines that we don't own that I wouldn't mind owning? Medieval Madness, AC/DC, Safe Cracker, Monster Bash (I figure that's got a low probability of making it in the house, we played the one at TPF and he gets Monsters of Rock on his first game). Transformers (combo) LE - I don't like the Pro anywhere near as much.

EM's? King of Diamonds, Abracadabra, Atlantis, Far Out. Oh - I see a lot of people talking about how their wives won't let them get X machine because it's got boobs on it - I'd stick Whoa Nellie right next to the television in the living room.

#131 11 years ago

Better to find a pin-friendly wife....
Doc

#132 11 years ago

This?

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#133 11 years ago

Any pin can attract a women. It depends on their taste. I've had lots of girls like Waterworld as they can get multiball easy and it was fun. No one really liked FT. Gladiators was half and half. Jurassic park is a no. Depends what they are into and what they like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-friendly-pins/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.