You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-1.jpg
image.jpg
Big_D_Pin_Full.jpg
TFTC.jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 11 years ago

My wife like an open view of the playfield, with BSD she says i can see the ball practicualy all the time. (thats why she hates TZ)
CFTBL she likes because of the 50's theme and the nice rock-and-roll tunes
Loves the looks of the Whitewater, but has no clue what to do because shooting mode-lamp-ramps you have to aim..... well ...
STTNG think she not played that once.

SpeakEasy-4 .... also an-women-who-accidently-sometimes-will have-a-game-with-you pleaser.
... see the ball all the time, so no suprise ball-attacks

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

My wife like an open view of the playfield, with BSD she says i can see the ball practicualy all the time. (thats why she hates TZ)
CFTBL she likes because of the 50's theme and the nice rock-and-roll tunes

Odd that the lack of ball view on CFTBL doesn't bother her. That's what bugs me about Creature - the whole game being under that monster ramp.

#54 11 years ago

The girls that come over all like Scared Stiff! Natch!

#55 11 years ago

My wfiey loves TFTC. Of all the pins I had, she threatened with "If you ever sell TFTC...."

Coincidentally, it's the only one I have left. Some say I'm sensible; I say I like to get sleep at night.

TFTC.jpgTFTC.jpg

#57 11 years ago

Oh and CV! Something about purple allures them

#58 11 years ago

+1 on AC/DC. You might be surprised.

#59 11 years ago

My wife claims to own CFTBL and BBH. She won't play them but she won't let me sell them either. She says they are hers.

#60 11 years ago

Taxi. It simply lights up what characters to shoot for.

#61 11 years ago

TOM and BOP. Like several others have said, I got the... 'don't ever sell those 2'... Obviously, they are officially keepers!

I think she'll like WOZ too.

#62 11 years ago

Black Rose, only because she has the same outfit.

#63 11 years ago

My Wife loves Rollergames, says its her fav she has ever played and she's play a lot of um.

#64 11 years ago

LOTR is the only one my wife won't let me sell. Process of elimination works here...if there are explosions (IM), fistfighting (DH) or boobs (Embryon), it's not going to go over well with the female third of my house.

#65 11 years ago

CV, NGG, AFM, NASCAR

#66 11 years ago

My wife is a soccer player so she loves WCS!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

My wife claims to own CFTBL and BBH. She won't play them but she won't let me sell them either. She says they are hers.

My wife says the exact thing about our or should I say her CFTBL.

#68 11 years ago

She doesn't play much, but Roadshow is the one i'm not allowed to sell

#69 11 years ago

My gf and my mum both like my space jam the most. I guess it's because they can get the multi balls and make some fancy shots like the basket easily. My gf is also a jordan fan though. Find a topic that interests her or a movie she likes. I find most girls (generalisations sorry) seem to not be so fussed with the rules or how a game plays and just like it to be simple and good looking.

#70 11 years ago

She loves AC/DC the most, followed by Who Dunnit.

#71 11 years ago

Wife friendly Pins?

That's like asking if there are any good white basketball players.
Kidding. Kidding.

#72 11 years ago

Another vote for Addams Family. It is, by far, her favorite.

#73 11 years ago

my wife loved JP and my buddy and I own W?D together and his wife likes that , im sure my wife will play it too when i swap it home.

#74 11 years ago

My mother inlaw and wife like JP, SP, TOM

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wife friendly Pins?
That's like asking if there are any good white basketball players.
Kidding. Kidding.

the answer to the basketball players question is yes, so I guess there is some wife friendly pins too! Good news!

Does anyone here own a hard body? If so what do your wives/gfs think of that one

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 11 years ago

I think my wife would really like a QVC pin best of all she never comes to the game to play

#77 11 years ago

My wife hates pinball , but she likes the artwork on paragon.

#78 11 years ago

My wife's favorite was Black Rose. The pirate theme is has a family friendly feel and she loved the fact that the woman was the captain.

#79 11 years ago

Big Juicy Melons is a wife pleaser...

Roadshow is the winner for wives and casual pin players.

#80 11 years ago

Wife-friendly pin?
A rollingpin.... now back in the kitchen!

Kidding, Kidding.

#81 11 years ago

LOTR, SP (no kidding, sweet lovin), ACDC.

#82 11 years ago

Out of all the games my husband has or I have played elsewhere. TOM, TSPP and CFTBL are at the top of the list.

#83 11 years ago

I'm surprised I haven't seen mention of Funhouse yet, straight forward rules and tons of feedback. TOM, CV, Diner, Taxi, and BOP all sound like good suggestions too.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Medieval Madness is my wife's favorite out of all the pins she's played (50-ish games).

+1

#85 11 years ago

Of all the few I have had...Junkyard followed by Popeye. Although my wife is a tree hugging hippie...I see why she liked Popeye

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

My wife was absolutely drawn to STTNG, even though she never watched the show (she is not a Trekkie). She says that the game feels more like an adventure rather than merely hitting a ball around a table. She never liked TZ much.

Apparently, I have a feminine trait... That's what I like about STTNG and, now, Avengers as well. They feel like an adventure or mission to me.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Apparently, I have a feminine trait... That's what I like about STTNG and, now, Avengers as well. They feel like an adventure or mission to me.

My actual input would be that my wife didn't like half the games others here liked, so per usual, women are somewhat unpredictable as a whole. That said, my wife does prefer simpler games that are more easily understood. She liked Getaway best. Fun toy. Pretty straightforward. Of course, I just traded her favorite game....

#88 11 years ago

Mine really likes LOTr for the long ball times. POTC, but I had to put rubber bands on the outlanes.

Never would have called this, but she really likes TSPP too.

NGG, RBION, and IJ4 too. Likes TZ, but it is frustrating to play it.

#89 11 years ago

My wife's fav is Monster Bash.
Slight interest in Twilight Zone
No interest at all in AFM or The Shadow

I should also add that she's not a fan of pinball in general.

#90 11 years ago

Of my collection, STTNG is her favorite. Never plays LOTR. Just got WH2O and everyone likes that one right now. She loves Monster Bash, but we don't own one. I wasn't going to get WOZ, because the theme didn't do much for me. She played it at the Texas Pinball Festival last weekend and decided she wanted one. First one she's specifically requested that wasn't my idea first. I have one pre-ordered now. WOZ is a gorgeous machine. After playing it, it's hard to argue with her.

#91 11 years ago

No mention yet of Bad Cats?

Meow m'meowmeow!

#92 11 years ago

My wife likes Wh20 and Flash. She has no interest in PinBot any longer (I don't care, I love it), and had an active hatred towards TSPP.

#93 11 years ago

Women seem to like...Earthshaker, BSD or Getaway.

Robert

#94 11 years ago

Mine loves Creech and loved IJ4. IJ4 is gone.....

#95 11 years ago

Avatar....everyone that comes over loves it, but the ladies all seem to like it the most when I ask which is their favorite

My wife did enjoy IM the last time she was in the game room playing

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Sprout:

For my wife, Popeye. Also, TZ. Would throw a fit if I sold Popeye; said she loved the cartoon when she was a kid and it's a matter of the sentimental value more than the game play I believe.
Generally, anything "newer with ramps and lots of lights" seems to keep her happy - she'd like Gorgar, Firepower and Centaur to disappear for good

I'd love a centaur next to my gorgar.... maybe I need to call your wife when you're out of town...

My female friends tend to gravitate to my TAF, but that just may be because it's the one they came across the most when they were younger. I think a lot of people's wives just didn't spend time in arcades (duh) and don't really understand that there is a ruleset and strategies and it's not just banging the ball around to bounce it off things and get the most points. It baffles me that this is such a male dominated hobby.

#98 11 years ago

Almost forgot, my wife also really enjoyed TOM when we had it. She always thought it was a "polite" pin.

#99 11 years ago

Wife says,
"Iron Man more than any other pin we have." I was surprized. She does not follow pinball. Loves the movies.
The Addams Family. Played it at the beach years ago and she requested it. "Now this has something going on."
Guns and Roses. She played this a few years ago at PBL open house and loves it. I got her one for Christmas that year.
Spider Man. She likes the first set of movies and likes the pin.
AC/DC
Indiana Jones Williams
Flash she grew up with one near her. Was her favorite growing up.
Does not care for Sopranos, RFM. Did not like AFM. She will play an occasional game of Firepower.

#100 11 years ago

I just told the wife about this thread and told her what I put on here. She says to me. "I like playing LOTR". To which I had to respond. "Why the F don't you ever play it then?". Which she retorts, " I don't have any time".

This comes from a girl who has no hobbies except watching TV.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 39.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-friendly-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.