You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6111549_orig (resized).jpg
874CD726-0789-45DC-B22C-F2E1E0F0F77F (resized).jpeg
CE518F37-28F7-4190-B4EC-BDBE21414C6E (resized).jpeg
herman (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

There are those who Are interested in pinball and some who arent. My wife falls into the category of those who are not. I had a store in Virginia dedicated to pinball restoration and sales. On any given day I would have a dozen or more finished games. One day I happened to have THREE Addams Family pins side by side. As she walked through she didnt even notice that event. Later at dinner I asked her if she noticed anything special about the show room and I may as well asked her what engine came out in the 1960 Corvette. THREE ADDAMS FAMILIES!! It had no noticeable effect on her. Fast forward to a different state 10 years later where we didnt have any spare room for several games (3 to be exact) I squeezed in a forth I got a decent deal on. The games were in our garage on MY side. I sacrificed my indoor parking space in order to be able to do some small time flipping. She came home one day and the Instant she came into the house she said "FOUR pinball games? You have FOUR pinball games? I though we agreed no more than three?" Ahhh perspective. BTW she has over 200 pairs of shoes in her closet. We agreed to disagree on that one.

#34 3 years ago

She likes shoes. Been in the USAF for 25 years and cant even wear them. I never said anything because I didnt buy them. I dont think anyone can compare buying a new pair of shoes to buying a new BKSOR. And even more significant THREE AF's. With my former wife (before anyone goes there she is deceased) I once had 22 pins in our game room and another 16 in the garage. One time ran out of Halloween candy and put all the garage games on freeplay and kids were far more excited about that than they were about a five cent candy bar. I was just trying to point out that there are people (and no offence intended but usually it is female people) who view pinball machines as gaudy, bulky unexciting fixtures. But I mean COME ON! (reference to Arrested Development) Three AF's side by side? Even I, a veteran pinball fanatic, was impressed with that event. I always said if I ever won one of those mega lotteries, I would buy up all the AF's, build a giant building and charge admission to see them. ----Dr Evil laugh-------

#42 3 years ago

To be honest, Shoes are the very LAST thing I look at when I am looking at a female. My wife doesnt hate pinball machines. When BKSOR arrived she played it a few times and replied "cool." Also I had a TOTAN once and she really enjoyed it. I think seeing three AF's outside of an auction or museum is sort of a phenonium. She also has as many dresses as pairs of shoes and they hold no interest for me either. Shoes and dresses are hidden in a closet and other than selecting which to wear, hold no interest beyond that. A pinball game is a new adventure every time you push the start button. One doesnt need to be infatuated with another's hobby but should note when something as significant as three of the most highly collectible of something is within touching distance.

#51 3 years ago

Well, I would go into why the AF needs her 10 hrs a day but that particular conversation has a DEAD END sign posted. This website is for pinball issues, not Dr Phil wannabees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.95
$ 1,159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-doesnt-care?tu=pinballshack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.