You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6111549_orig (resized).jpg
874CD726-0789-45DC-B22C-F2E1E0F0F77F (resized).jpeg
CE518F37-28F7-4190-B4EC-BDBE21414C6E (resized).jpeg
herman (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

My ew-wife did care when we were divorcing and asked for half of their current value (she settled for half of their cost). Funny how the jewelry that she received from me was a "gift" (not subject to division), but my collection was fair game. I was only allowed to treat her, and not myself! Very happy to be away from her.

Sad but true. In NJ the wife gets half of everything in divorce, even pention and retirement money. Luckily for me, the wife accepted my hobby a while ago when I started selling restored games for big $. When I bought a game, she always asked what I paid, and again when I sold one. Then cringe until I see the look of approval or disapproval on her face.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Totally fair. Realizing that a “female” doesn’t recognize and appreciate the same things as you is definitely Dr. Phil nonsense.
Seriously though, since your point is this website is for pinball machine issues, why even start this thread? It’s not about pinball machine issues at all, it’s about your female not being impressed that three cabinets of the most produced pinball machine of all time happened to be sitting next to each other once. That’s not newsworthy. That’s just pointing out that not everyone cares about a thing you care about. Sure people here care about the thing you care about, but complaining that people outside the hobby don’t care is actually pretty pathetic. And the fact that you are complaining about the person who should be the love of your life makes it really very sad.

This is why he posted under "off topic"

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

But where he posted it has no bearing given what he said. He specifically said “This site is for pinball issues.” Either that’s what he believes and his topic shouldn’t have been posted at all, or he’s trying to discuss something beyond pinball issues.
So I’m just here pointing out that most people in the world wouldn’t give a shit about three Addams Family machines next to each other (beyond thinking that it’s weird someone has three of the exact same thing). And that maybe it’s worth looking beyond one’s own interests and recognizing that not everyone cares about the same things. And bitching about it on a website where a vocal contingency is anti-women, or at least anti-ex-wives, probably isn’t helpful or healthy.

OK, I see your point and mostly agree. But there have been many threads on hear unrelated to pinball, and most are happy to comment on them even though nothing to do w pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-doesnt-care?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.