You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6111549_orig (resized).jpg
874CD726-0789-45DC-B22C-F2E1E0F0F77F (resized).jpeg
CE518F37-28F7-4190-B4EC-BDBE21414C6E (resized).jpeg
herman (resized).jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

There are those who Are interested in pinball and some who arent. My wife falls into the category of those who are not. I had a store in Virginia dedicated to pinball restoration and sales. On any given day I would have a dozen or more finished games. One day I happened to have THREE Addams Family pins side by side. As she walked through she didnt even notice that event. Later at dinner I asked her if she noticed anything special about the show room and I may as well asked her what engine came out in the 1960 Corvette. THREE ADDAMS FAMILIES!! It had no noticeable effect on her. Fast forward to a different state 10 years later where we didnt have any spare room for several games (3 to be exact) I squeezed in a forth I got a decent deal on. The games were in our garage on MY side. I sacrificed my indoor parking space in order to be able to do some small time flipping. She came home one day and the Instant she came into the house she said "FOUR pinball games? You have FOUR pinball games? I though we agreed no more than three?" Ahhh perspective. BTW she has over 200 pairs of shoes in her closet. We agreed to disagree on that one.

#2 3 years ago

Do you admire her new shoe purchases?

#3 3 years ago

I know a great divorce attorney

#4 3 years ago

Sounds like she is very interested in controlling your half of the garage.

#5 3 years ago

You should have half of her shoe closet, maybe it will fit a pin?

#6 3 years ago

I'm mostly not allowed to talk about pinball to my wife. She lets me finish my updates, then says, "you sound like them". We are "them", people, we are "them"! I am proud to be them

#7 3 years ago

"But honey I was going to flip this game and give you some of the profit to buy a pair of shoes"

#8 3 years ago

I guess I am rather lucky, my wife doesn’t care for pinball but she doesn’t mind me spending money on it. She has hobbies as do I and we don’t give the other any grief about it.

#9 3 years ago

That blows. It sucks to have something that's a big part of your life that your partner could care less about, or worse, is adversarial about.

#10 3 years ago

Reminds me of the time i got pulled over for speeding .
Officer ask me why you going so fast son.
I look him in the eye and say
my ex wife left me for a cop and i thought you were bringing her back

#11 3 years ago

Co private bit playing is more important. My wife keeps kind of an open mind, but she’s not competitive and finds the light shows and energy of pinball stressful. I get it. But she does play on occasion and I love it when she does and when she hits a cool combo (she’s gotten one Picard maneuver, one fast loop to raptor tower return in JP, and never hit the side ramp in DI). But I’m hopeful that when she hits one, she just MIGHT feel the satisfaction and get the bug).

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Reminds me of the time i got pulled over for speeding .
Officer ask me why you going so fast son.
I look him in the eye and say
my ex wife left me for a cop and i thought you were bringing her back

That wit and comedy might just get you out of a ticket! Few people would have the stones to deadpan that to an officer with dry comedic timing.

#13 3 years ago

BTW, the 60 vette came with a 283.

#14 3 years ago

Time to split the house in half. Great episode from the Munsters.

herman (resized).jpgherman (resized).jpg
#15 3 years ago

I hope she has some other “assets” making her a keeper. Used market for pins is good, not sure about wives. Hopefully she is a HUO model.

#16 3 years ago

Marriage isn’t for everyone....
(My living room 5 minutes ago)

CE518F37-28F7-4190-B4EC-BDBE21414C6E (resized).jpegCE518F37-28F7-4190-B4EC-BDBE21414C6E (resized).jpeg
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

That's actually quite tidy for a room where pins get worked on!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballshack:

There are those who Are interested in pinball and some who arent.

I'm one of those with a wife that is fine with pinball. She doesn't have the bug like me, but she enjoys playing non-competitively and she's always willing if I need help while working on something. She never complains if a new pin shows up, and has gone on long road trips to pick up pins with me. I know how lucky I am!

#19 3 years ago

My wife ( now ex ) never cared for my hobby ,,, until she tried to get them in the divorce ,,, that didn’t happen , I made sure of that , she got a nice pay out , but not the Pins ! My boys now in their mid twenties still come over and play them with their Dad !! Nothing better !!!!

#20 3 years ago

You guys have strong willed women.

Be a stronger willed man. They dig that.

#21 3 years ago

My wife has no problem with me buying a game but actually gets a little annoyed when I sell one. I can walk right in the door with a new game but I have to sneak around when I'm selling one. Crazy.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

We only have 2 in our living room but we have 5 in our dining room, 3 in the family room, 20 in the basement and 22 in our pin room addition and about 20 +- in my shop in some semblance of restoration! Hubby just got me a LZ LE for my birthday! He has actually tried to talk me into thinning our herd but so far I'm not going for it!! Some of our pin friends have commented to him that he doesn't know how lucky he is that his wife likes pinball too...his response is generally be careful what you wish for or your house could look like ours!!!

Phoebe

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

Damn, you got me beat I only have 1 on each side of my living room fireplace!

874CD726-0789-45DC-B22C-F2E1E0F0F77F (resized).jpeg874CD726-0789-45DC-B22C-F2E1E0F0F77F (resized).jpeg
#24 3 years ago

My wife likes pinball & other cool stuff. Cuz she’s cool.

#25 3 years ago

My wife is amazing and has fully supported my hobby. Started off with one (1) pinball, followed by a 2nd shortly thereafter, and before I knew it I had (3) pinball machines. I thought she would kill me or divorce me, however, she sees how much I enjoy “getting under the hood” and taking great pride in making my machines look great. Birthday and Christmas gifts are easy, I just give her list of parts or materials that I need or would like and she obliges.

The ultimate experience was when she attended Pinfest with me in 2019. As we were walking around, she saw me get excited when I saw a Gottlieb Haunted House (used to have a project machine 20 years ago but never got it working an sold it off). My wife looked right at me and said “Do you want it?” I told her I didn’t have the money, and she reiterated “Do you want it?”. Gave the seller a deposit, and she lent me the money, and I added a Haunted House to my collection. I am truly a lucky and blessed man.

#26 3 years ago

Hey man she said no more than three...she's got you there.

#27 3 years ago

Might want to get that game with the Ruby Slippers Flippers.

BTW she has over 200 pairs of shoes in her closet.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Snowtrooper:

My wife is amazing and has fully supported my hobby. Started off with one (1) pinball, followed by a 2nd shortly thereafter, and before I knew it I had (3) pinball machines. I thought she would kill me or divorce me, however, she sees how much I enjoy “getting under the hood” and taking great pride in making my machines look great. Birthday and Christmas gifts are easy, I just give her list of parts or materials that I need or would like and she obliges.
The ultimate experience was when she attended Pinfest with me in 2019. As we were walking around, she saw me get excited when I saw a Gottlieb Haunted House (used to have a project machine 20 years ago but never got it working an sold it off). My wife looked right at me and said “Do you want it?” I told her I didn’t have the money, and she reiterated “Do you want it?”. Gave the seller a deposit, and she lent me the money, and I added a Haunted House to my collection. I am truly a lucky and blessed man.

I upvoted your post not just for the story, or because your significant other wants you to be happy with your hobby, but because your emoji is a basset hound as well. Grew up with one.

#29 3 years ago

I feel very fortunate that my wife enjoys pinball as well as my car hobby. She told me I made her addicted to boost in cars. LMAO

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You guys have strong willed women.
Be a stronger willed man. They dig that.

“But...but...your honor...look how willed I was”

#31 3 years ago

BTW she has over 200 pairs of shoes in her closet. We agreed to disagree on that one.

Did you marry Imelda Marcos?

#32 3 years ago

1. This might be my favorite thread title ever on Pinside.
2. Looks like you have 6 games now, so something had to give.

#33 3 years ago

My wife likes pinball and that all the friends I have made through pinball are cool. Pretty positive part of our lives.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#34 3 years ago

She likes shoes. Been in the USAF for 25 years and cant even wear them. I never said anything because I didnt buy them. I dont think anyone can compare buying a new pair of shoes to buying a new BKSOR. And even more significant THREE AF's. With my former wife (before anyone goes there she is deceased) I once had 22 pins in our game room and another 16 in the garage. One time ran out of Halloween candy and put all the garage games on freeplay and kids were far more excited about that than they were about a five cent candy bar. I was just trying to point out that there are people (and no offence intended but usually it is female people) who view pinball machines as gaudy, bulky unexciting fixtures. But I mean COME ON! (reference to Arrested Development) Three AF's side by side? Even I, a veteran pinball fanatic, was impressed with that event. I always said if I ever won one of those mega lotteries, I would buy up all the AF's, build a giant building and charge admission to see them. ----Dr Evil laugh-------

#35 3 years ago

She likes shoes. Been in the USAF for 25 years and cant even wear them. I never said anything because I didnt buy them. I dont think anyone can compare buying a new pair of shoes to buying a new BKSOR. And even more significant THREE AF's. With my former wife (before anyone goes there she is deceased) I once had 22 pins in our game room and another 16 in the garage. One time ran out of Halloween candy and put all the garage games on freeplay and kids were far more excited about that than they were about a five cent candy bar. I was just trying to point out that there are people (and no offence intended but usually it is female people) who view pinball machines as gaudy, bulky unexciting fixtures. But I mean COME ON! (reference to Arrested Development) Three AF's side by side? Even I, a veteran pinball fanatic, was impressed with that event. I always said if I ever won one of those mega lotteries, I would buy up all the AF's, build a giant building and charge admission to see them. ----Dr Evil laugh-------

Maybe she doesn't like TAF.

#36 3 years ago

There are those who Are interested in pinball and some who arent. My wife falls into the category of those who are not. I had a store in Virginia dedicated to pinball restoration and sales. On any given day I would have a dozen or more finished games. One day I happened to have THREE Addams Family pins side by side. As she walked through she didnt even notice that event. Later at dinner I asked her if she noticed anything special about the show room and I may as well asked her what engine came out in the 1960 Corvette. THREE ADDAMS FAMILIES!! It had no noticeable effect on her. Fast forward to a different state 10 years later where we didnt have any spare room for several games (3 to be exact) I squeezed in a forth I got a decent deal on. The games were in our garage on MY side. I sacrificed my indoor parking space in order to be able to do some small time flipping. She came home one day and the Instant she came into the house she said "FOUR pinball games? You have FOUR pinball games? I though we agreed no more than three?" Ahhh perspective. BTW she has over 200 pairs of shoes in her closet. We agreed to disagree on that one.

Sorry to read this. I was married for a long time and my ex wife hated all my hobbies. Find someone who you share mutual interests and if you don't the old " fake it to you make it" quote will only lead to Divorce, or bitter resentment. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy the hobby and those games!!!

#37 3 years ago

Mgtow is the only path to true happiness.

#38 3 years ago

There are all kinds of women out there. Quite a few have a distinct dislike for anything
that takes attention away from them. Especially hobbies. Came close to getting married to a lady
like this. Dodged that bullet! Luckily the one I did marry likes pinball and we play
them daily. But she is like the OP's wife with other hobbies (classic cars and ham radio).
Cannot understand the allure and get constant flak about them. Gets frustrating sometimes.

#39 3 years ago

I have 2 TAFGs and wife is unaware.. lol. She could care less but she doesn't hassle me over them.

#40 3 years ago

Both of you should be glad you are not into model railroads

6111549_orig (resized).jpg6111549_orig (resized).jpg
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Do you admire her new shoe purchases?

For real. How much do you know about her shoes, or whatever else she may be into? What are her favorites? What are her most expensive or rarest? Has she ever had multiple special pairs next to each other?

#42 3 years ago

To be honest, Shoes are the very LAST thing I look at when I am looking at a female. My wife doesnt hate pinball machines. When BKSOR arrived she played it a few times and replied "cool." Also I had a TOTAN once and she really enjoyed it. I think seeing three AF's outside of an auction or museum is sort of a phenonium. She also has as many dresses as pairs of shoes and they hold no interest for me either. Shoes and dresses are hidden in a closet and other than selecting which to wear, hold no interest beyond that. A pinball game is a new adventure every time you push the start button. One doesnt need to be infatuated with another's hobby but should note when something as significant as three of the most highly collectible of something is within touching distance.

#43 3 years ago

To be honest, Shoes are the very LAST thing I look at when I am looking at a female. My wife doesnt hate pinball machines. When BKSOR arrived she played it a few times and replied "cool." Also I had a TOTAN once and she really enjoyed it. I think seeing three AF's outside of an auction or museum is sort of a phenonium. She also has as many dresses as pairs of shoes and they hold no interest for me either. Shoes and dresses are hidden in a closet and other than selecting which to wear, hold no interest beyond that. A pinball game is a new adventure every time you push the start button. One doesnt need to be infatuated with another's hobby but should note when something as significant as three of the most highly collectible of something is within touching distance.

Yeah. Pretty sure you made my point here. Her hobbies are dumb and pointless. Your hobbies are adventures and have significant phenomenons. She’s totally wrong and you are totally right. Well done.

#44 3 years ago

I know they make some shoes that light up when you walk. See if she has any that do and you can bond over multicolored LEDs or discuss any ghosting issues that have been known to pop up in Nike.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here I am watching the hockey game upstairs in the living room....and suddenly I hear the knocker from the AFM going off and my wife cackling "HAHAHAHA fuck you aliens!" from the basement.

Just posted this yesterday ^

After reading these types of threads it makes me feel so fortunate that I have a significant other who enjoys pinball.

#46 3 years ago

I buy my wife lots of shoes. And they never see the sidewalk.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I buy my wife lots of shoes. And they never see the sidewalk.

HUO

#48 3 years ago

Punctuation matters.

No more than three pins.

No, more than three pins.

All it takes is a comma and she’s telling you to buy more pinball machines.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

For real. How much do you know about her shoes, or whatever else she may be into? What are her favorites? What are her most expensive or rarest? Has she ever had multiple special pairs next to each other?

You touch on a good point. She likes clothes and shoes. And she probably would love an excuse to dress up and look pretty. If that is not happening then I could see why she couldn't care less about a pinball machine.

#50 3 years ago

My ew-wife did care when we were divorcing and asked for half of their current value (she settled for half of their cost). Funny how the jewelry that she received from me was a "gift" (not subject to division), but my collection was fair game. I was only allowed to treat her, and not myself! Very happy to be away from her.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-doesnt-care?hl=snowtrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.