• Latest reply 11 years ago by PinJer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-4.jpeg
#1 11 years ago

The wife loves Creature and enjoys STTNG. I am looking for another pinball that I think the wife will enjoy theme and game she plays and enjoys the rules of the CFTBL and STTNG. Any suggestions would be great.

#3 11 years ago

Both are fun, but it comes down to theme for me. Personally, I like the creature more than Star Trek, just my opinion though. STTNG is a deeper game. My suggestion is to get the one the wife likes the most and get the other title later. Both titles are pretty easy to find and roughly the same price.

#4 11 years ago

Oh, sorry I misread your post…. So, yeah what the other guy said.

AFM

#5 11 years ago

I have never looked for AFM. That does sound like a theme she would enjoy and the game play is somewhat simple to figure out? About how much are they?

Thanks so far for the advice.

#6 11 years ago

Unfortunately, AFM is up there in price. It’s hard to say what they are selling for now. I saw a beater go for $6k the other week.

#7 11 years ago

RFM is also much fun and about 1/2 the price of AFM. RFM is one of the two Pinball 2000 themes that made it out before WMS shut down pin production. Slightly small cabinet than a standard pin.

IMHO Worth looking at. RFM was my first pin and I still own one.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

The wife loves Creature and enjoys STTNG. I am looking for another pinball that I think the wife will enjoy theme and game she plays and enjoys the rules of the CFTBL and STTNG. Any suggestions would be great.

There are sooo many choices!!

AFM is a good 1, but not sure what your pin budget is, and they have been going up in price over the last few years...
If she likes CFTBL, might look at Monster Bash but it is also 1 that is up there in price but a cool game!
Not sure what other themes she might like...but Congo is a fun game hard to find but has a fun theme. It has some real cool satisfying shots.
Not sure if you want to get into system 11s or if you want to stick with DMDs...but there are quite a few sys 11s that are fun and have fun themes...
F-14 TomCat is a fun fast game, great light show and sounds!
Taxi is a classic fun all around theme voice calls are cool!
Pinbot has the space theme, and is a fun game!
My fave is Bad Cats Great art work cool theme and fun game...not well liked by all because it is single ball...but still fast and fun!
See Told you there were WAY too many to choose from...and I didn't even get to the CLASSIC SS games!!

I would suggest taking her to some shows and letting her play games there, then narrow down your list and begin the hunt! It is hard for someone to say Oh you have to get this she will love it cause I do... without knowing her, better to let her try them and she what she likes!

Good luck!!

Phoebe

#9 11 years ago

On the lower end I'll recommend Tales From The Crypt. My wife played one when she went with me to pick up my first machine and bought one for herself two months later. Nice horror theme to go with Creech. But if you have the cash MB all the way!

#10 11 years ago

What is it that she likes about each game because they couldn't be on different ends of the spectrum. Theme, depth, flow, difficulty?

Depending on what attracts her to a pin, there is a whole range out there.

Which game does she go to first and which does she stay on the longest regardless of how well she does?

Dan

#11 11 years ago

You can never go wrong with TOTAN. Out of all the games I've owned, it's the only one my wife ever really cared for.

#12 11 years ago

We need more specifics about what your wife actually likes about each of the 2 games.

Without knowing exactly what it is, I will suggest RFM for theme, FT for short ball times, and W?D because it seems the females gravitate to that game and like both the theme and style of play.

#13 11 years ago

I'm a wife and I love CFTBL . My recommendation would be TAF. But again, without knowing what your wife likes about Creature, it's only a guess. I think it would be hard to go wrong with an Addams Family, and it's a little cheaper than an AFM.... I wish there was a shot in CFTBL that would make a little Creature shake around á la AFM.

#14 11 years ago

I gotta say you can't lose with TFTC!

#15 11 years ago

I'll present a dissenting opinion regarding MB. To me it doesn't warrant the current cost. Good humor but way too much repetition in the game.

TAF would be an excellent choice if CFTBL goes over well. A bit pricier but not by too much and there are a ton of them out there.

Mike O.

#16 11 years ago

Thank you all she just enjoys the theme and the simple rule set on the CFTBL. I have not played MB or AFM but those themes would fit her taste which is apperantly expensive. One other game we have had in the past is Space Shuttle she enjoyed that very much. She hated T 3 and Demo Man.

#17 11 years ago

Creature gets a lot of play at our house. Both my wife an I like it as one of our household favorites. Her second favorite is the Doctor Who. It helps that she loves the show (the new ones, I have a thing for the Tom Baker years.)

#18 11 years ago

TZ might work, although it is a deep game.

#19 11 years ago

Women gravitate to this guy!

th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg

#20 11 years ago

I agree with the TOTAN recommendation. That's my wife's favorite but she likes STTNG as well. Won't play LOTR at all.

#21 11 years ago

Don't know what your budget is.

Women like the looks of Theater of Magic and the rules are pretty easy. Whitewater is also good theme that is easy to pick up. I always thought Jurassic Park is the best bang for the buck pin around.

#22 11 years ago

Just get what you like...

#23 11 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire is a really fun game and the girls love the art & colors.

#24 11 years ago

afm, my wife likes ij also

#25 11 years ago

I second looking for a good RFM. It's really pretty amazing.

#26 11 years ago

Plenty of ladies like Funhouse. Something about Rudy talking smack, then they get to smack him in the mouth and hear him scream. If she likes Creech and STTNG, she'll probably like Funhouse.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Thank you all she just enjoys the theme and the simple rule set on the CFTBL. I have not played MB or AFM but those themes would fit her taste which is apperantly expensive. One other game we have had in the past is Space Shuttle she enjoyed that very much. She hated T 3 and Demo Man.

There it is, "she enjoys the simple rule set." Consider BramStroker's Dracula and Ironman. All three are cut from the same cloth. Simple rule set, but very difficult pins that require a lot of skill and accuracy. I recently got an IM and am very pleased with it. Creech is my favorite game by far of all time. There is a post about "Comparing Creech and IM." Some good info there that helped me decide to get one.

I haven't checked prices on BSD lately, but you should be able to find one for less than $2500 and IM for around $5200. Both a lot less than MB or AFM.

Dan

#28 11 years ago

Hmmmm.... Simple Ruleset and fun Theme... everything else of lower importance

Cheaper = basically look at my collection >>RFM, FT, TAF, Congo, W?D

More Expensive = MM, AFM, MB, TOTAN, TOM, CV

#29 11 years ago

My wife's favs are stern IJ and MM

#30 11 years ago

No Good Gofers, Scared Stiff, or AFM. Kids and wife love them...

Good Luck...

#31 11 years ago

My wife's favorite is AFM because it is simple and has lots of ramps, and shots.

#32 11 years ago

My wife really likes SS and despises LOTR, shes pretty much neutral on the others. So I'll throw SS out there as a possibility.

#33 11 years ago

My girl loves RFM, I think it is the fun interactive P2K concept, plus the martians are much more humorous than in the original AFM. If you have the $, look into AFM for long long term value, other wise a RFM could fit the bill for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wife-creature-and-next-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.