ball gate (resized).jpg
ball return (resized).jpg
IMG_3601 (resized).JPG
IMG_3600 (resized).JPG
IMG_3599 (resized).JPG
IMG_3598 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

trying to complete my haunted house multiball... help!

can you fill anything from this list ?

https://www.flippp.fr/media/pdf/HAUNTED_HOUSE_MULTIBALL_PARTS.pdf

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

And force 2, gottlieb's first multiball. I've notified IPDB but it hasn't updated yet

#3 2 years ago

Thanks for that !

#4 2 years ago

Hi ludikris , I'm a fairly new and proud HH owner, it is actually THE machine written about on another posting where the previous owner intended to convert it to multiball but never got around to it (but did an amazing job of redoing the playfields, beautiful game!). Anyway, when I bought it I thought I would probably finish out the multiball project at some point down the road, so I literally have a bag of parts that should be everything needed for the conversion. But I had enough trouble getting the machine back to a reliable state in my own home (after doing a cabinet revamp) that I have decided I'm just not up for undertaking the level of effort required, plus I just am loving the game as-is ... now it is 100% working, honestly I'm scared to do anything drastic and I'm happy with it

Looking at the parts list link, I definitely have the main hardware needed (being the 3-ball release mechanism, and the two ball-gate mechanisms). Also have the additional relay parts, but you might not even need those if you just modify the existing relay (per other writeups on Pinside).

The things I don't have are probably the easier things to find: trough switch, posts, and the wire gate that prevents balls from going into the cellar back down the VUK tube (that is already installed on my game, and I decided I am keeping that to save a little wear and tear on the VUK from kicking balls back up).

So rather than a bag of parts gathering dust on my shelf, if you are interested in getting the whole parts lot let me know and I'll give you a heck of deal, would be happy to see the results of your efforts (and maybe when I'm fully retired in a decade who knows, I might go for the multiball mod myself!).

IMG_3598 (resized).JPGIMG_3598 (resized).JPGIMG_3599 (resized).JPGIMG_3599 (resized).JPGIMG_3600 (resized).JPGIMG_3600 (resized).JPGIMG_3601 (resized).JPGIMG_3601 (resized).JPG
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Hi ludikris , I'm a fairly new and proud HH owner, it is actually THE machine written about on another posting where the previous owner intended to convert it to multiball but never got around to it (but did an amazing job of redoing the playfields, beautiful game!). Anyway, when I bought it I thought I would probably finish out the multiball project at some point down the road, so I literally have a bag of parts that should be everything needed for the conversion. But I had enough trouble getting the machine back to a reliable state in my own home (after doing a cabinet revamp) that I have decided I'm just not up for undertaking the level of effort required, plus I just am loving the game as-is ... now it is 100% working, honestly I'm scared to do anything drastic and I'm happy with it
Looking at the parts list link, I definitely have the main hardware needed (being the 3-ball release mechanism, and the two ball-gate mechanisms). Also have the additional relay parts, but you might not even need those if you just modify the existing relay (per other writeups on Pinside).
The things I don't have are probably the easier things to find: trough switch, posts, and the wire gate that prevents balls from going into the cellar back down the VUK tube (that is already installed on my game, and I decided I am keeping that to save a little wear and tear on the VUK from kicking balls back up).
So rather than a bag of parts gathering dust on my shelf, if you are interested in getting the whole parts lot let me know and I'll give you a heck of deal, would be happy to see the results of your efforts (and maybe when I'm fully retired in a decade who knows, I might go for the multiball mod myself!).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I will gladly take those off your hands but what game is the main ball return parts from ? looks like haunted house or non multiball - it's missing the opening for the ball management on the end..

ball return (resized).jpgball return (resized).jpg

ball gate (resized).jpgball gate (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ludikris:

I will gladly take those off your hands but what game is the main ball return parts from ? looks like haunted house or non multiball - it's missing the opening for the ball management on the end..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Man ludikris , I am terribly sorry about this and feel a bit foolish and give you a public apology, yes indeed upon inspecting the parts it seems the ball return trough I have does not have the notch at the end which is the whole point of having the coil and part that can handle three balls. No idea what machine that part came from, but yes unfortunately it seems to match the standard single-ball one from my own Haunted House machine

I so appreciate you finding that and glad you know what to look for. I think I will hold on to the remaining parts and at some point I might use a Dremel to create the opening on that end of the part for the trough (since I now have a "spare", can't hurt to try) and might give the multiball a shot myself down the road (assuming my HH stays fairly reliable and stable as-is).

Again, I'm very sorry this was a dead-end, I wish you luck on the multiball and hope you post about it, would like to learn more and see more opinions if it is worth it

#7 2 years ago

naf_llabnip if you want to part with the relay bracket I’m interested to buy it.

#8 2 years ago

Have you reached out to Steve at the Pinball Resource? He has a lot of parts that aren't listed on the website.

http://www.pbresource.com

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Mach1:

naf_llabnip if you want to part with the relay bracket I’m interested to buy it.

Hi Mach1 I decided to step back, take a more careful inventory, and possibly attempt the multiball myself at some point in the future (already have the right board and it turns out the previous owner installed at least a couple of parts on the machine that I wasn't aware of). After taking a closer look at the parts this weekend, it looks involved but not as bad as I thought at first glance Thank you though and good luck!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

And force 2, gottlieb's first multiball. I've notified IPDB but it hasn't updated yet

Looks like I saw it and updated it yesterday. Here is our list of all Gottlieb games tagged as multiball:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=410&ft=multiball&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced

Side note: Not all games that are capable of multiball are tagged as multiball on the IPDB. Today I expanded our Glossary definition of 'multiball' to attempt to explain this.

Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wide-body-multiball-parts-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.