9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So, are the Wico dollies good for anything except moving games? It seems it would be great for packing games up, but once you lift the game and remove the legs, how do you get the thing on the floor?

Also, when you have a game folded up on the floor, any trick to getting it on the dollie to make getting the legs on easier?

Dumb questions I know, but it just seems like the Wico's aren't great in those regards.

#2 9 years ago

That's the beauty of a Harbor Freight cart . Tip the game over on it - jack it up and put the legs on ! Same in reverse , best part when done store in the closet under the laundry basket .

#3 9 years ago

Funeral homes use them for moving caskets around.

#4 9 years ago

I've found that as long as you don't need to navigate stairs that there's no reason to take a packed up pin off the cart. Jack it up, take the legs off, wrap it up however you prefer, wheel it to your vehicle, slide it from the cart into the cargo area of your vehicle. Same thing in reverse at the other end. If you have stairs in the mix then you need to transfer to an appliance dolly and things get more involved.

#5 9 years ago

They're great for moving with legs remaining on while rearranging a game room.

Jalpert, if you have a line on buying a used one and pass let me know. I'll buy it. (or if they have two)

#6 9 years ago

I bought one a few months ago, cleaned it up, and it's been sitting for a few months.

I needed to get a game on legs, so I scooted the cart against a wall so it couldn't move and slid the game on it. Not sure I'd do that again, but damn was it nice once it was on. Jacked it up, put the legs on, and the hydrolic let it down nice and easy.

However, I already own pinball skates, I thought this dolly would make it easier to get the legs on and off, but it's such a pain to get it on and off the cart I'm not sure that's true. If I decide to sell it which I might I'll PM you.

Quoted from Mr68:

They're great for moving with legs remaining on while rearranging a game room.

Jalpert, if you have a line on buying a used one and pass let me know. I'll buy it. (or if they have two)

Yup. I have stairs. My games are in the basement.... I can slide it from my car onto the dolly, but getting it off the dolly is terrible. Sliding it out of my car onto the ground is super easy, the car doesn't move

Quoted from millerjl:

I've found that as long as you don't need to navigate stairs that there's no reason to take a packed up pin off the cart. Jack it up, take the legs off, wrap it up however you prefer, wheel it to your vehicle, slide it from the cart into the cargo area of your vehicle. Same thing in reverse at the other end. If you have stairs in the mix then you need to transfer to an appliance dolly and things get more involved.

I was thinking maybe someone had a trick or something, but I'm thinking the dolly just doesn't do what I want it to.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I'm thinking the dolly just doesn't do what I want it to.

Mine either, in fact I think this coffin mover sucks to move pinball machine with. There are better options than this old school cart .

Wico carts do not fit under WPC games unless you lift the front first.

#8 9 years ago

They were meant for route operator movers to get games from the truck to the placement in the location. Fifty yards away from the truck in a bowling alley is a long way without a dolly. Most operator trucks had lift gates.

#9 9 years ago

When the game is sitting on its butt I roll the lift cart up to it. Lift the handle end up and place the edge of the cart against the bottom lip of the game. So now the cart is up in the air with the edge of the cart against the game. Tip the game down onto the cart while holding the cart firmly in place until the cart is back down on the floor. Jack the game up and roll away. It can be done in reserve to get it off.

[email protected]

#10 9 years ago

This is the kind of "tip" I was looking for! I've got to get a game on legs in the next day or two, I'm going to try this. Thanks a lot for your input.

When I scooted the cart against the wall, I tipped the game down and the cart went into the air, I thought it was a bad thing but maybe not...

Quoted from flipnout1:

When the game is sitting on its butt I roll the lift cart up to it. Lift the handle end up and place the edge of the cart against the bottom lip of the game. So now the cart is up in the air with the edge of the cart against the game. Tip the game down onto the cart while holding the cart firmly in place until the cart is back down on the floor. Jack the game up and roll away. It can be done in reserve to get it off.

[email protected]

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wico-pindolly-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.