3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cylinder (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballGiant.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm wanting to rebuild my Wico dolly hydraulic cylinder. It's been working okay, but intermittently gets stuck up and I have to wait a couple days before it goes back down again. I unscrewed the top today to find really dirty oil. I was wondering if someone could offer some specifics on rebuilding these. I've seen plenty of old posts on how to modify the dollys for a new shock and other post about how you can take them to a hydraulic shop. I have reached out to a few shops and am getting really high quotes for the rebuild ($200+). Is it really this labor intensive? I don't need the thing mint just want it to work reasonably well (which it was doing before I drained the oil with the exception of getting stuck occasionally). Thanks!

cylinder (resized).jpgcylinder (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Found a different hydraulic shop that refilled the oil, replaced the 2 small o-rings on the piston, and gave it a once over for only $20. Super nice guy. He didn't know what level to put the oil at and warned me that it might overflow. The piston was really difficult to move at first but working it over and over again caused a bunch of oil to leak from the bleeder nut and it slowly resumed normal operation. Good as new. The hydraulics guy said there really wasn't much to the thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballGiant.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wico-dolly-cylinder-rebuild?tu=PinballGiant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.